Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer2000

Oct 5, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it his daddy grounded him after CCBs shite performance in their last game. Took his phone away, his gaming system, HE EVEN LOST ACCESS TO HIS DADDYS BMW!!! Poor guy is going to have to take public transit to Kwantlen now, oh wait I mean "SFU". Guess we'll have to wait a week for @Soccer99 to get his phone back before we get a completely accurate breakdown of how they should have beat Abby...

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was too busy yesterday to go watch Abbotsford vs CCB. So I won’t give a takeaway. Port Moody was clearly missing players yesterday. Some big names scratched off their team list for whatever reason. Let’s hope they aren’t around next weekend either so we can take home the soccercity cup. But we have the best wingers and strikers in the premier division and it showed again with them putting balls in the back of the netting yet again.

<Predictions for next week>

PMO 8 - CCB 2 ~if played~
CFC 4 - SU 3 ~if played~
SAFC 2 - LUSA 1
VANU 0 - AUSA 5

<Soccercity cup>

CFC 5 - PMO 1

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was too busy yesterday to go watch Abbotsford vs CCB. So I won’t give a takeaway. Port Moody was clearly missing players yesterday. Some big names scratched off their team list for whatever reason. Let’s hope they aren’t around next weekend either so we can take home the soccercity cup. But we have the best wingers and strikers in the premier division and it showed again with them putting balls in the back of the netting yet again.

<Predictions for next week>

PMO 8 - CCB 2 ~if played~
CFC 4 - SU 3 ~if played~
SAFC 2 - LUSA 1
VANU 0 - AUSA 5

<Soccercity cup>

CFC 5 - PMO 1

I think It’ll be a pretty close game between Langley and SAFC! SAFC still doesn’t have their full arsenal! Langley is no joke! They’re a solid side!!

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all I play on ccb azad and just started reading this thing. Shocked with all these negative comments we're getting. I understand the scores have been one sided and I'm not trying to be biased but the Port Moody game was very close, until the last 15 minutes. The safc game was close as well and we were desperate as we knew we had to go for it if we wanted to advance. The ausc game didn't go our way at all and I get that we were dominated for large parts of the game. But 4 of the goals they scored were us shooting ourselves in the face
But 3 of our players from Ufv and gagan Josan were missing. No excuses for that game we played like shite. But for those of you who are saying that we are a div 2 team and the closest we are gunna get is a 4 goal loss, u guys don't know who we are and what we are made of . Also in struggling to see why our game against pot Moody has been postponed. Their cup final is on monday and our game is on Friday. That's 72 hours for recovering.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
also Dave is the coach at surrey united and is the president of the league and Thomas mills is the league executive and coach of Port Moody. Not complaining or accusing anyone. Nor am I saying the league is rigged. But how are you supposed to enforce the rules on yourself. That is extremely fishy.

orca6969

Aug 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
first time caller, long time watcher...sometimes I feel like a big fish in a small pond on here...

but regardless of the score I wish all the teams good luck and will cheer for the underdog as long as they are humble!

so stay classy and aggressive and emerge thru the struggle

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
....Also in struggling to see why our game against pot Moody has been postponed. Their cup final is on monday and our game is on Friday. That's 72 hours for recovering.

The real question is, would this same postponement be extended to other squads in a similar position?

The optics are terrible when the league administrator is also the guys running POMO.

I'm NOT of the opinions guys like Thomas and Dave should not be involved in the league. Hell, both have a lot of experience, Dave is a longtime Surrey United guy- basically cradle to grave if you factor in his kids involvement- I like that he's stepped in. I don't understand why he hates himself so much that he keeps putting himself in these situations, but God bless the idiot. That being said, anything that is a decision like this simply looks bad. What I don't know is if this type of decision is perhaps deferred to an independent committee or board, and it may very well have been. We aren't privy to that.

Back to an earlier comment about the Surrey United talent factory...how can anyone say it isn't? How many clubs in BC Produce as much talent? Coquitlam Metro Ford, maybe? I know there are actual stats out there now, I'd like to see them. On the boys side, how many players have they pushed through to University, BCPL, Whitecaps, or other professional organizations over the past decade? I'm sure it's tops if not top 2. The real quandary is keeping some of those kids, or getting them back, after uni (or during), and after perhaps their pro aspirations has run their course. That's the issue, really. Surrey United is producing players for the VMSL. If this "Dave" fellow can actually turn that course only slightly, he'll make a huge impact to the men's squad.

This season...it'll be interesting and very important. I honestly don't know if there is enough overall quality to give Coastal, Abby, Pomo and Langley enough competition to be contenders at Provincials. I have to take the word of players in the league who have seen CCB and can pick out it isn't a quality Premier side. I hope they are wrong, but if it quacks like a duck....

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem is Coastal is supposed to play Saturday and Moody Friday. Giving them a distinct advantage. On top of that you are asking people to be available for two games on thanksgiving weekend. Good luck, in good faith the league games were postponed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, and that's the issue. It's terrible optics at best. At worse, outright unfairness. In between, what we don't know is if this was kicked out to an independent committee or not. Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt. It's the new Dude.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real question is, would this same postponement be extended to other squads in a similar position?

The optics are terrible when the league administrator is also the guys running POMO.

I'm NOT of the opinions guys like Thomas and Dave should not be involved in the league. Hell, both have a lot of experience, Dave is a longtime Surrey United guy- basically cradle to grave if you factor in his kids involvement- I like that he's stepped in. I don't understand why he hates himself so much that he keeps putting himself in these situations, but God bless the idiot. That being said, anything that is a decision like this simply looks bad. What I don't know is if this type of decision is perhaps deferred to an independent committee or board, and it may very well have been. We aren't privy to that.

Back to an earlier comment about the Surrey United talent factory...how can anyone say it isn't? How many clubs in BC Produce as much talent? Coquitlam Metro Ford, maybe? I know there are actual stats out there now, I'd like to see them. On the boys side, how many players have they pushed through to University, BCPL, Whitecaps, or other professional organizations over the past decade? I'm sure it's tops if not top 2. The real quandary is keeping some of those kids, or getting them back, after uni (or during), and after perhaps their pro aspirations has run their course. That's the issue, really. Surrey United is producing players for the VMSL. If this "Dave" fellow can actually turn that course only slightly, he'll make a huge impact to the men's squad.

This season...it'll be interesting and very important. I honestly don't know if there is enough overall quality to give Coastal, Abby, Pomo and Langley enough competition to be contenders at Provincials. I have to take the word of players in the league who have seen CCB and can pick out it isn't a quality Premier side. I hope they are wrong, but if it quacks like a duck....
Thanks for this Dude! I admit I have a tough time with this. We want to prod our players on to what they aspire to. We push many players on at young ages and frankly, they don't develop the bond to our club like I would like to see. It's a different generation. There are some that do. On our men's team right now, Dave Adams and Vince Stewart are still actively playing and can be considered true SU outh players. They are both good enough to play on any team in any League of their choice but made the conscious choice to stay the course and try to re-establish the team. I admire them for that. On the female side, we have the successful nucleus still there, but with a vastly different set of things going on in their lives. Trying to bridge the transition for an influx of graduating university players. Having said that, a few are good enough to go pro in Europe and I am prodding them on to do so rather than hoard them here to ensure success.

What bothers me is the undue criticism we get for essentially doing the right thing.

What also bothers me is that players don't feel that natural loyalty anymore. It goes both ways. The senior teams have to do their role too. And we haven't been that great at it in the past. There is room for improvement.

Thanks Dude for some encouraging and understanding words.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ballbaby I have total respect for Surrey United as a whole. Clarkie is a solid person to lead the technical side, and guys like you and Tom D have put in an immeasurable amount of time and energy into making the club what it is. Results on the BCSPL side have always been good, and the women's program set the standard with the amazing record of consecutive provincial championships and a couple national championships along the way.

My criticism was more a slight against the decisions to first jump leagues, and then to attempt to merge with PoCo/PoMo Rangers. Maybe the offers on the table just appeared too good to refuse at the time. I don't really have any insight into those dealings, but from an outsider's perspective that period seemed to signal an indifference from the club with regard to truly being competitive in senior men's soccer and even to have someone who truly has SU blood in their veins leading it.

With regards to this year, if you're going to forfeit premier level matches (yes even "preseason" cup ones), you should expect to be hit with a heavy dose of criticism. It's hard to believe that the club could only sign 13 or whatever senior level players there were to start the season. Where have guys like Ethan, Stef, Brad, Reeder gone?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for this Dude! I admit I have a tough time with this. We want to prod our players on to what they aspire to. We push many players on at young ages and frankly, they don't develop the bond to our club like I would like to see. It's a different generation. There are some that do. On our men's team right now, Dave Adams and Vince Stewart are still actively playing and can be considered true SU outh players. They are both good enough to play on any team in any League of their choice but made the conscious choice to stay the course and try to re-establish the team. I admire them for that. On the female side, we have the successful nucleus still there, but with a vastly different set of things going on in their lives. Trying to bridge the transition for an influx of graduating university players. Having said that, a few are good enough to go pro in Europe and I am prodding them on to do so rather than hoard them here to ensure success.

What bothers me is the undue criticism we get for essentially doing the right thing.

What also bothers me is that players don't feel that natural loyalty anymore. It goes both ways. The senior teams have to do their role too. And we haven't been that great at it in the past. There is room for improvement.

Thanks Dude for some encouraging and understanding words.

Regs, you should know that I live for any small acknowledgement from @Ballbaby. Weak at the knees, even.

I hate sounding old, but loyalty is indeed lost on the current generation of players.

Especially the mercenaries playing in some squads that (Rino's) shall remain unmentioned.

Soccer99

Not Bright
Aug 13, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Breaking news bc soccer wanker outer is a girl and she takes ballet classes. She's pretty good at dancing.

Soccer99

Not Bright
Aug 13, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 5 CCb 1. Pretty much a waste of evening. CCB is not even close to being a premier team rather a decent div 2 team is more realistic. They scored on a indirect kick at the top of the 6 yard box and beside that no saves by our keeper. Their CB is actually pretty good but no one around him to help. I really hope they get better
Talk about your own game don't focus on other teams, not a good mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts