Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL O30 2002/2003 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like taking candy from a babe.

Plummer,
Just knowing you couldn't finish in a brothel makes your dismal attempt to wind me up all that better. I'm not going to make excuses for our back line on the weekend, (missing the Colton/Springett connection) but watch out smart-ass:eek:
Angello made three very nice saves and with Aves gone your backline is now your Achilles heel.
Here's a prediction that I'll wager a bevy on,
"The All Blacks will beat SU before the end of next season."
Stick that on your clipboard. SU does play some very nice footy,
but not as well as you have in the past.

SillyRabbit, CT & WT too!:confused:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB,

Achilles heel? Our backline? I don't know about that.

Before I ramble on, I'll mention a few small items about our match on Sunday that were left out by all previous commentary. We did start the game with ten men before we were graced by the presence of the rugged of the most rugged, Mike Marini and Brian Cuthbert, 10 -15 minutes or so into the game. No excuses because we actually played better a man short. We were missing Kelly Bey, Steve Reed, Al Massender, Glen Johnson, Dave Harkinson, Billy Connor, and Ron Ritchie. The very fact that I too am unable to score in a brothel at the moment, as evidenced by several pristine opportunities gone astray, adds to the illusion that we are not playing with the same flair as time past.

However, I do see where you are grasping. None of us are used to seeing StevieSuperStarWatts grab several yards in his favour while battling our defence, and this could be perceived as an "achilles heel" for our team, but maybe Stevie was having a particularly fine day. A fantastic day at that! Personally, I wasn't bamboozled by his liberties. I have seen it all before. I watched like an eagle in the tallest of trees, the eyes of one David Ellenwood....our last man.... as the All Black opponent would stray into his territory. I looked into the stoic and cold eyes of David Ellenwood. Did I see fear? No! Did I see confusion and bewilderment? No! What did I see? I saw a twinkle, a glimpse of amusement and curiousity,.......and if his eyes could talk, I would hear, "when is this guy just gonna give me the damn ball so I can distribute it to my more than capable midfield, who can then distribute it to my more than capable front men, so that they can put the ball into the fabric we call netting, so that I can cruise to another victory, so that I can enjoy another beverage after the match and then go home and spend quality time with my family with alcohol on my breath......again..... and then go to sleep after a fine healthy dinner and dream of StevieSuperStarWatts in my back pocket...again" :eek:

Achilles heel indeed! :wa:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmm Ballbaby

When Brian Cuthbert and Mike Marini played for my side, they were NEVER late!! What has happened to this once great Surrey contingent?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
reccos,

Brian Cuthbert and Mike Marini, also known as Fric and Frac, IC and BC, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, are not often late, you are correct. I believe in this instance, they enjoyed one another's company in lovely Hope playing golf. They arose from their slumber Sunday morining to travel back to civilization and make the game when Marini's bowels were about to explode. Thus the delay.

By all accounts, Cuthbert had nothing to do with Marini's exploding bowels.:rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marini and B. Cuthbert

No excuses because we actually played better a man short.

Ballbaby: do they know that you think you actually played better without them? ;)

None of us are used to seeing StevieSuperStarWatts grab several yards in his favour while battling our defence, and this could be perceived as an "achilles heel" for our team, but maybe Stevie was having a particularly fine day. A fantastic day at that!

I thought Steve regularly ran through ya!! ;) Just kidding.

I remember the frustration of Steve playing with John (you know who I mean). Steve used to complain to me that John took the creativity out of his game. No, I just think John wanted him to pass the ball to him so he could score. Personally, I thought they played well together and so did the team.

I saw Spud running the trails around Burnaby Lake a month ago. He looks in good shape.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw Spud running the trails around Burnaby Lake a month ago. He looks in good shape.

reccos, do you still hide in the bushes of Burnaby Lake? :eek:

Do you want me to tell Spud that you think he has a good shape? :p

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rambling on.....

Like a babbling brook.
Baldspot,
Your better half must get an earache listening to you drivel on.

And yes I remember you PlummerBum, I was too busy fulfilling my own personal goal of pillaging a beer per team.
Just a friendly way of meeting the neighbours :D

Its amazing what you can catch with one cast.:p

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bullygirl:

It appears that I can not allow your criticism of our backline to rest quite yet. A compilation of some very witty retorts to your comments regarding the achilles heel's of Surrey United for you to ponder:

"If your back line was a half as defensive as my response to your piss-take you wouldn't have given up 18 goals this year" (as compared to SU's four)

"Would you like to swap our back line for your's? We wouldn't!"

"If your back line were protecting the beer cooler - you would have gotten half a dozen, however, one would have been spilled in the process"

"Does your goalie and centerback do kids parties?" (my favourite one) :D

Brilliant!

:wa: :wa: :wa: ;)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touche!

"Does your goalie and centerback do kids parties?"
Very clever my short winded friend, I'm still laughing.
Not much to argue there, you are a "BetterBastard".
If only you could grace the Futba Field with same finesse I.
Good luck on the weekend,
time for a new cast.........zzzzzzzzzziiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggg!

5bts, you're shiite.:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redeeming Qaulities

:wa: This reminds me of mike m after he scored his second p.k. .
After a errant back pass to get Aldergrove started the muzz man scores the the winner in fine fashion.
Just in case Mark M is reading this Muzz scored with his head again .
Surrey United 4
Aldergrove 3
All in all a good game with some interesting lapses but ballbaby
keeps everyone honest.
:bronco: :eek: :cool: :p :) :eek:
Bystanderwisheshehadplumbingtoolslikebullybleed:eek:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey BullyB.

Remember that comment about your centerback and goalie and whether they do kid parties? Well, if it's a big party, I know of a couple more that can be added to the work roster. :D

highlander, I notice our score was entered as 4-4 in the FVSL website. I can not allow that to stand through the night so I have e-mailed the statistician with the correct score. I hope the referee didn't miss anything.

I think that vein in my forehead has finally receded.;)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plumbing Tools?

Put down the bong Bystander and start making sense.
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself of late, every team should sign a "special needs" player, lord knows we have a few.
Yes, we managed to score both goals in a 1-1 tie.

As for Sapperton, you'd think they'd won the Champions League with the way they celebrated their tie. "That’s the best game we've played all year" was the resounding chant around the cooler. BullyB left the pitch fairly pissed at dropping the points but came around once I got stuck into the Sapperton cooler.

We'll see if the All Blacks can do Ballbaby a favour and take a point from those FiremenWankers.:cool:

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
special need's

Once again when will the bleeding stop.Bully you remind me of the female police officer in police academy ,when she was driving around the cones you look like you are having so much fun by your self:rolleyes:
But that's okay because I am sure someone need's their pipes
fixed.(plumb away)
I guess the snow board season is just around the corner?.
How do you snow board with a tool belt?
Bystanderwishesbullyhadavideoofhimselfthenhewouldunderstand.
I thatl be rrright!:eek:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bystander

Once again you disjointed drivel has no meaning.
I don't follow you because I haven't seen the 'Police
Acadamey" series, or any other teen trailer trash flicks.

As for boarding, let it snow! Me thinks 5bts better pack in
the footy and start boarding, Bystander would probably hang
out in the lodge playing PacMan. :D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Warm N Fuzzy

It warms my heart to see all the old bastard's coming back to TTP to post. I was feeling quite lonely here for a long while.

I must thank BullyB, for it is he who brought back all the bastards. BawlBaby, Highhander, Ole Plump one, silly bunnykins!!!

I have to say WOW and it's good to have all you C0ckwalipers back after a short rest....

Keep up the good work BullyB!!!!

:wa: :knvb: :bronco: ballbaby,highlander,pumperatthegreekfestivaldancing

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No football commentry from BigToe

MrToe,
Where's all the futba banter, or is it to painful to talk about?
Perhaps "DaftRat" could shed some light on PA resent
outings.:D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no worries mate it's coming

Pully-my-PeePee,

Unlike you, I'm not playing for a BIG CLUB anymore. Yes, it's true the once mighty Peace Arch Masters team is slowly spinning out of control to the bottom, yes the bottom of the league. A win this weekend vs the powerhouse PoCo team can make or break the season for us Haka-less lads.

Winning means top seven. :) A loss means bottom????? :(

This all because of a loss to Acedemico last weekend. Score line AA 5 - PA 3. Yes Acedemico! They all attended church for the evening service at Holy Rosary on Saturday night, praying for a victory from the soccer God. All that while the PA boys where out on the town stirring it up with drunkenness and debockery. Our fate rest in our own hands.

So we will stay with the same training schedule drink, drink, drink and let the card this weekend fall where they may!!!!!

Pully-MY-PeePeeneedstoteachthePAladstheHaka:wa: :knvb: :bronco: Iknowhelovestheseguys

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Blacks 4 Academico 4

End to end action in this game. Neither team stopped running in a game that saw goals scored in the first 10 and the last 10 minutes. Academico's "Ralph Somebody" scored one beauty from 25 yards out and two more poacher goals while the Watts brothers combined for three going the other way. :wa:
Quote of the match came from the ref after the 8th goal.
Grinning ear to ear. "Best game I've seen this year"

That leaves the All Blacks firmly planted in the lower league to finish off the season. Does this disappoint me? Not!
I've thoroughly enjoyed my footy over the last few weekends, good lads throughout the league, barring the Firemen, and lots of communal bevies has made this one of the most enjoyable seasons I've played over the last couple of years. Perhaps age is mellowing me out a little, till I get the chance of beltin' Ballbaby again anyway. :D zzzzzzzzziiinngggggg.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0