Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 6-4 Tennis anyone?

Rangerforever said:
OH! The good ol' Fitba Game, is the best game you can name.
And the best game you can name, is the good ol' Fitba Game…

Well done Delta - Great game boys.

Happy Turkey Lads,
RF

a nice canadiana sensability here RF...not bad for a FV'er;)

"old school valley,"
Aves

cunning stunt

Dec 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 0-2 PAU,not much to say really just a comprehensive win,good to see Sapp with a new crop of players,missed the bite of Mark Thomas though, we all still have our ankles.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off....

fcuking classic RF. :D :D :D

GEU 2, All Blacks 2.

Once again, it was great to have Rob Brown in the middle. Any game officiated by him is sure to be a good time. Two late goals by Langley spoiled the afternoon though. After we got up a couple early in the second half, we just sat back and let them come at us. Davey Grohman...er...Jones had at least a half dozen quality chances himself.

crap

On to Peace Arch.

Anyone noticed the schedule over the next few weeks, including the cup round? Our games for the next five weeks are as follows:

vs. Peace Arch at South Surrey
vs. Delta at John Oliver
vs. Peace Arch at South Surrey
vs. Delta at John Oliver

and then we play the cup round against....

Delta at John Oliver

:mad:

Quality scheduling Big Bag. Can I get an allowance for wear and tear on my vehicle please?;)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has to be a mistake with the scheduling on the Excellent FVSL site, AllBlacks have Delta, Mission, Delta & Mission......all Fridays though.

Missed the first 50 minutes of the game this weekend but witnessed at least 4 chances that we should have scored on in the next 5 minutes. We finally got our two come back goals which made for an enjoyable afternoon. AllBlacks off to our typically fast start to the season; we just don't want to peak too early.

One more note, even though our boy Jonesy did get levelled inside the box (we heard the crunch from the sideline), the GEU defender did win the ball; so in typical BobbyBrown fashion he told Jonesy to get up and stop moanin'. Great call but any less of a Ref would have given a peno.

cunning stunt

Dec 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is a scheduling conflict with field allocations, because our div only has 8 teams most others have 10 they had to come up ith a plan not to screw up field allocation,if you remember this happened last year also .

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2 Delta 2

Should have been 3-2 Delta but the ref dissallowed a perfectly good goal with about 20 mins left.

Good battle by the Ballsacks.:cool:

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, good battle and no lost Pizza...

The goal was perfectly good, however the pick about 15 seconds earlier was not...:p The only error the ref made was not calling it at the time of infraction and letting play go on...a bit unlucky for you boys but the gift we gave you on an own goal made up for it...:D ...fair result overall me thinks....:wa:

TLF

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 1 Mission 0

No idea how the game was but i got a call on my cell telling me the score.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sneeze Farts 3, Blunder 0.

They moved the ball forward at times during the game. We didn't.

'Nuff said.

The toughest part for me was watching our keeper make an amazing save on a PK only to have the PAU player run in from the eighteen and slot the rebound before most of our guys even reacted. To make that the 3-0 goal hurt. To GEU's credit, we didn't roll over and die, though. We actually cranked up our game and fought pretty hard over the last twenty or so.

Man, if they kept stats for "moral" victories, we'd be five-and-oh.;)

Tough to lose your first game in a five game road trip, which is what this really is.:mad:

cunning stunt

Dec 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said oh fat one, probably the most boring game of the year but you guy's deserve lots of credit for never say die,hard to believe your record is;nt better.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 5 AllBlacks 1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well their first was nice, the second and third were PREVENTABLE!!:mad: and the other two were counter attacks.

Down by three early on the dilemma is; Damage control or go for it. I like to watch entertaining footy so we went for it. The Mission keeper made three or four very nice saves; we missed a peno and struck the bar. End result was an entertaining and surprisingly even game (as long as you don't look at the score).
Whatever, the beer and pizza were good......somebody shoot me.

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had beer and pizza and didn't share.
i think keith urban was at are game, or maybe that was bully?
The bounces seemed to go are way tonight!.
Rob made some great saves especially the peno,got me out of the frying pan.
sorry i didn't shake hands after the game took a knock in the heed couldnt stand up?
Highlander

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Muckers 2, Delta Metro 2.

Delta came out flying and took it to us for a full twenty minutes before, a) we settled down and started to knock it around a bit; b) we made changes where we were weak at the start of the game, and; c) they ran out of steam;)

They came out of it with a 1-0 lead and we consider ourselves fortunate that it wasn't much worse.

Once the game evened up, we began to create some attack and one such foray resulted in a PK. It was our first PK in two years. 1-1.

After half time we ran into some injury troubles, including our goalkeeper (already our back-up as the starter was unable to play) who suffered severe cramps making him barely able to walk. He's a good Canadian kid, though, and tried valiantly to play. On a partial breakaway, the Delta forward struck a fairly good ball, but if Cramps could have moved better, it wouldn't have gone in.:(

After that, we pulled him and put in our third string keeper who was playing out of position already at right back due to other injuries and he was superb. :) We gutted out the last part of the game and managed to score the tying goal on a counter attack pretty late.

Under the circumstances, we felt quite good about the tie.:wa:

Game three of our five game "Southern" swing takes place at South Surrey next week.

5-1 for Mission??????:confused::eek:

How did it get to 3-bagel so quickly?

cunning stunt

Dec 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch 4-2 Aldergrove score in this game does'nt really matter game abandoned after70 mins because of a medical emergency on the field,Peace Arch would like to wish Barry a speedy recovery and hope we will see him on the field again.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch - What happened?
Never like to see that at our age...

Rangers 3 Sapp Old Boys 0

Great game by us in the second half with Wilkie being a man possessed and wanting the ball all day and spraying it anywhere at will.
He's been awesome for us this year but yesterday was a magic display by Neil.

John Colton with a good game for them when he came in albeit only a slight amount of time played.
The injury bug must still plague Old Gameboy as he was a difference for the short time on the field.
Solid game by John Thurn (sp?) in the back for them also.

RF

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it was a stroke. I work with a member of the Aldergrove club and that's what he heard.

You're right. That's something no-one wants to see at any age.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An update on Barry from Aldergrove. It turns out there were two tumors in his head which caused the seizure many witnessed last week. He's in the hospital and likely will be for some time.:(

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey said:
An update on Barry from Aldergrove. It turns out there were two tumors in his head which caused the seizure many witnessed last week. He's in the hospital and likely will be for some time.:(

That is not very good news. Wishing Barry all the best.

Thanks for the update Fat Monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0