Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2006] September/October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we're nearing the starting gate.

Who has made wholesale changes? Who is going to suck? Who is going to the VMSL?:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

I know that GEU are going to turn some heads. It's not everyday when people can say, "Wow. Are they really that bad?"

Seriously, we have a new outlook, a new coach, and expect to be more competitive from week to week. Will we beat Surrey each week?

:rolleyes:

Will we win more than three games?

Damn right.

At least four.;)

I want to hear some banter from the others. Dazza, rumours are flying about some guys joining your ranks. Same with Peace Arch. I've also heard that Mission has had trouble getting numbers. Are these true?:confused:

Damn it! I need answers!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Masters

Well there is a posting on the FVSL website by Mission FC organizer looking for players. I would say that's a good sign of being short on players.
Especially at their age (assuming they are who i think they are), they'll need as many as they can get.

:)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Monkey.....you're going to find it hard to beat Surrey each week as you guys don't play in the VMSL and they now do....so...I guess...you'll have to beat the Rangers week in week out...enjoy!

Cheers!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last time I checked the FVSL website they were called the SURREYFC FireRangerFighterTypes, but thanks for the update Scotty.:D

It doesn't matter which team went to the VMSL. The other one is going to stay back here and kick our butts anyway.:(

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I do know who you are, that's why i said you guys need as many subs as you can get!!!!

;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

...so according to the Nearly Excellent Site, this is who you get to play with/against this season:

Aldergrove Utd.
LUFC All-Blacks
Delta MU
GEU Thunder
Mission SC
PAU
Sapperton Old Boys
Surrey FC FireRangers

Have fun, guys.:D

True Scot

Jun 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can't wait, Mission on a Sunday? Could be a few divorces after missed Sunday dinner's? How about a Friday night special in the cross city?

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bring your canadian tire money , they take it at par at the mission springs
pub.
"Ya baby it starts in the back"

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's starts in the back....of the bus.....for all you fcukers.

:D

We host the Aldergrove boys this Friday at NAP to kick it off this year.
Those cagey Clark brothers, Mike and Gordie anyway, looked good again at the Nations Cup this year (Who wouldn't with a Scotland jersey on) but have not heard much from their camp as to what this season holds for them.
Just a stern, 'business as usual' confident glare out of the Clark's when questioned about it. ;)

We haven't picked up anyone or lost anyone at this point so it will be business as usual, top of the tables :p ;), as well for us this year.
Some injuries not fully sorted yet but the boys MIA are on the mend which is good.

It obviously won't be the same with those weasels from SU not sticking around this year.
For those of you who havent heard, they've packed up shop, moved to England and face Manchester United next week in the EPL now that the Euro qualifiers are done for this weekend. ;)
Good luck to them in the VMSL this year.

Actually Highlander, it all starts in the John Oliver changerooms for you guys this year and nothing like getting it going under the lights down at J.O.
Delta has apparently deepend themselves by a couple of quality signings and again appear to be this year's leading candidate for the team to be on the lookout for.
This is my pick for MOTW.

Sapperton are back, I love Tony, and they face the Ballsacks on Friday as well.

The lone Sunday game is my MOTW runner up with what will be I'm sure the league's new rivalry with GEU facing off against Mission.
Tasty, like those tandoori chicken wings that GEU doesn't like to share.

Cheers lads and eat my dust,
RF

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rangerforever how is my buddy LarryW I heard through another trainer that he was ill, hope he is doing well and give him my regards.
P.S Bigun i have a new postal code Two blocks from the abbey.
Do bring your canadian tire money for the mission springs pub

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Larry Warcup

Cheers Highlander.

Yes, we will be without the best manager in men's football for some time this year.

Larr is getting a pacemaker stuck into him and we just have to wait until the BC Medical system takes it's course.

We always have felt he is more valuable to us than any player and not having him around just won't be the same.

I'll pass on the well wishes and thanks man,
RF

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Scotty good buddy, I,m still waiting for my persuasive phone call.......................:D I hear you might be coming the other way after your lovely trip to the great white north.;)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not going to happen anytime soon...seems some other member(s) of your squad are returning to the FF's...you don't really need a phone call do you...? You know who's leaving ours..do you want in or what?? You know who the coach is...you decide..no pressure as always....

Cheers!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Predictions for week one:

FireRangerFighters 3, Balding Grope 0.:(

The Rangers, despite being despondent over their Manager's health issues, manage to muster up enough to pull off the win.

Delta 3, Greased Arch 2.

Delta's new signings prove to be too much for Peace Arch's new signings, even with Vinnie Jones in the lineup.

BallSacks 2, Sappy Town 0.

BallSacks continue their trend at the end of last season. I don't love Tony.

GEU 3, Mission 2.:eek:

I have no idea who plays for Mission. I just felt that we need to get off on the right foot and beating our North-of-the-River rivals will do just that.

Highlander, take note that we're at 2PM now. Not 12:00 as was first reported on the FVSL website.

cunning stunt

Dec 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

:( Delta's new signings better than PA well they would have to be we have'nt signed anybody just lost players,the great Highlander among them we will miss him.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks back in action.

Hello Gents, fellow TTPers & Bystander,

AllBlacks picked up a few new bodies over the summer and we're looking forward to a good run this year. Last year we played the majority of our games with one or two subs and 3 games with less than 11. I won't mention the time we drew PA with 9 men; oops!:rolleyes:

No predictions from me, just looking forward to playing Sapperton on Friday night at The Oval. Sapp always puts up a good scrap and we're expecting more of the same this year.

My one wish for the season is that GEU/Poco Blunder sort out a decent playing field this year and that Mission don't play at Hatzic. All the best for the weekend.

PS: So much for all the summer rumors Delta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0