Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 4 Langley 2

I think we got a little too excited for this match. We were booting the ball around at the begining and it looked like Langley was going to give us a match when we did score some timely goals. I'd like to say that young Tim at the back made hell of a run from the back line to tap in the 2nd goal on a fast break. If that doesn't say something about our team scoring I don't know what does. Four different goal scorers, three midfielders and a defender, well done boys..

As a response to The Rob, I'm not going to deny that we gave up a few chances to you guys in the second half but when we were up 4 to 1 we kind of slacked off I fealt. Sandro could have had two tap ins half way through the second but you guys turned around and put one away to make it 4-2. Weak Defence? You can say a few things about us but when we're one goal from the lowest in the league it's hard to say we're weak defensively. Based on this game at times we were sloppy, I'll give you that.

I think we play next week on Friday, I can't remember who we are playing, could anybody enlighten me?

Deej

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 1 Sporting 1

Highlanders came ready to play today. Mac scored early off a throw-in that was called back on a phantom foul. Lightfoot scored 10 min later off a scrambled cross.

It remained that way with Delta creating the better scoring chances but lacked finish. Sporting put the pressure on in the last minutes and were rewarded in the 88 min on a corner misplayed by our keeper.

9 games into the year and we are 3-5-1. We have not had a full squad to a game yet. Reasons: stag, wedding, gift opening, funeral, grouting bathroom, injury, picking up girlfriend, no babysitter, travelling, working...

STD why not say double or nothing on Fri night :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker,

That'll be a good match. I may even stop by for a few pints. The Storm need to beat the Rangers in a real game one of these days.

Took Wagstaff to school in our squash match again last week. He can only beat me in games that don't count...like after I've won the best of three or best of five.

Hopefully, the Storm can prove they can get the job done in the winter, not just the summer.

;)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draven the bet I made with the Raiders was three years ago when United won div. 1 it never carried over to the following year, so I get away with losing another bet. Allthough I do appriciate the fact that you are so helpfull. Deej I think I am going to have to stop betting on games because I am sick of humble pie.

STDIS#2INTHEPOCOHOCKEYPOOLSOONTOBE#1

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't wait.....

Missed all the Whalley games so far but have been paying attention. This should be a great game!
Hey Dude,

Tell Motorhome to stock up on the beer cause I'm coming to watch the game (from the Rangers sidelines...... :eek: )

:D Spazz

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully Fridays game between the Highlanders and Raiders is better than the first one. Maybe we will play a full 90 and not the first 60 only. Though that has been a tough task all year.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dalglish thats a lousy way to eliminate the compitition and I don't think you you can kick that many people out of the pool so that you can be #1. A hockey pool of one is a very lonely pool.
I'm not sure when I'll be out next so if either take it out of my future winnings:D or I'll see if snowman will cover me till I see him next.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by bitter_cabbage
after Poco's defender headed it onto his foot about 12 yards out.

Remind me next time to buy that lad a pint.
Forgot to yesterday. ;)
All class BC.
I agree, Scurrsy made a ton of saves out there and was unlucky on that 3rd goal.
And, we don't have horse shoes up our ass on the goal post strike at the end of the 1st half - different game definitely.
PoCo with a few notable exceptions but still worked us hard all game and showed a ton of gumption regardless of their injury problems.
It was good to see a good amount of people out there watching too.
Our sideline looked like nothing in comparison.
Mildly intimidating. ;)

On to Friday night for another war in what I hope ends up to be a great match,

RF

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonights match

Whalley Vs. Surrey, the battle of the low income communities.
Does it get any better? Many questions to be answered!

Does RF have back to back 2 goal games?
Does Coach show up?
Does the Judge get a babysitter?
Who is striker12? and who really cares?
Will stepchild still be pissed at the "committee"?
Will NTG allow us to drink?;)
Does the losing team (like last game) use the phrase "we were missing starters"?
Does Whalley beat Surrey in a non-summer game battle?
Does the "space cake" make a triumphant return?

All these questions to be answered at 7:45 tonight at Newton!

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the award goes to....

Well on the way to winning the Selke!

This is unlikely following your healthy 3 game suspension, Stepchild. Just be glad you don't have to forfeit beer for 3 games.

Maybe I am on to something here...to rid the FVSL of violence, the suspension includes the ban of drinking at your game.:D

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: And the award goes to....

Originally posted by Milhouse

Maybe I am on to something here...to rid the FVSL of violence, the suspension includes the ban of drinking at your game.:D

Millhouse, now that is just mean. Taking away a man's privelge to the sacred beverage at a football match.:D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild forgot to ask a couple of questions.

1 who's car gets stolen?

2 how many drive by shootings take place?

3 how many surrey birds get pregnant in 90 minutes?

4 who sleeps with his sister after the game?

5 do we need a passport to go watch?

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great points

Milhouse, your an ass!;) I agree with Demolition, just plain mean. Just b/c YOU cannot drink, doesn't mean the rest cannot. BTW, instead of posting nonsense, why don't you focus your attention on trying to get the Highlanders a win!:eek:
STD, very valid points and yes those all will be answered unless #2 happens to be on me!

Rnagersalltheway

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse, you gonna take that???

Pretty arrogant for a guy that gets suspended for pushing.... :rolleyes: (not like Stepchilds got a lot of weight to back up that shove either..... :p )

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty arrogant for a guy that gets suspended for pushing.... (not like Stepchilds got a lot of weight to back up that shove either..... )

no......but the guy he pushed/elbowed is only 5 feet tall and like 120 pounds if not less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0