Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe they all got 3 games, nothing warranted more than 1 game from any of the guys... afterwards the ref (Phil) was laughing about it and didn't seem too concerned...I wonder what he put in his post game report...Does the league get more money from longer suspensions? Cash grab maybe? heh, I can't see any other justification.

Brandon

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 2 Rangers 1

Storm deserved to win. They looked like the team that wanted it more.

Cheers
Rex

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild

Phil was the ref ! That says it all ! He loses control of alot of games, so he just starts to card guys . Both times we have had him he never lets the teams play.

Cheers
Rex

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Storm...long time coming. This makes for a very interesting battle atop the Div. 1 table here on in.

Train, now that you've finally beaten the Rangers in a game that actually counts, how long till you beat me in a squash game that actually counts? Took Ponte to school this morning. Well, not really, but finally beat him. Wednesday, lunch? Call me.;)

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backs to the wall...

It looks like we (Rangers) are going to be hard pressed to win the league by Christmas this season :rolleyes: . Probably have to run the table the rest of the way to have a shot. I'd say I like our chances, but we have two World Cup games against the Highlanders :eek: .

Silverfoxnotusedtocomingfrombehind...........unlessStepchild'smomisinvolved. :D (sorry Balsa)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So.......Striker12...who scored for the Storm?;)

Hear it was a bit heated at the end, in line line-up...something about Ranger taking a liking to one of the young guys?:eek:

Deej

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raiders 3 Highlanders 1

Same old, same old for the Highlanders. A mish mash starting lineup missing 3 starting defenders and we come out on the bottom. Lots of possession but few chances and no finish on the chances we had. Our only goal was an OG when the game was out of reach. Raiders did a great job of making us pay on loose balls in our 18.:(

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by BrandonSampson
I can't believe they all got 3 games, nothing warranted more than 1 game from any of the guys... afterwards the ref (Phil) was laughing about it and didn't seem too concerned...I wonder what he put in his post game report...Does the league get more money from longer suspensions? Cash grab maybe? heh, I can't see any other justification.

Brandon

Hey BS (Much better than BrandonSampson! :D)! Did I not tell you guys to expect not less than 3 games? This FVSL discipline committee has got to get off the sauce and grab a bit of reality! It's a joke the number of games they're handing out for next to nothing. All I have to say is that if it is written up as a red for fighting or punching or slapping or...well you get the picture! :rolleyes: You're gonna get 3 games minimum.

Check out today's post on the United vs DUFC match. I see another 3 games and $45 fine coming our way!

:knvb:

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DUFC 4 - PCU 0

Holy crap! Looks like the season's in the tanker...not that we're throwin' in the white towel, but it just goes from bad to worse.

DUFC definitely deserved to win using their speed to exploit the much slower United "D". Had it not been for our keeper, the score would have been much worse.

Midway through the first, it was 2 - 0 for DUFC off of a couple of "breakaways". In the 45th minute, #20 takes his second yellow for a bad scissor tackle inside :confused: the 18 for a second yellow (red) and a PK to let the Razorbacks go up 3 - 0 at half.

About 15 min into the second half a brutal two-foot tackle on our other centre mid results in a foul and a melee. Another red for Poco and only a yellow for DUFC from the bitch-slap contest (although Hurren was quoted as saying it shoulda been two reds!).

Poco played much better with 9 players but too little too late. 4 - 0 late in the second, and a season in the tanker!

I see another 3 game suspension coming our way for Murph and probably a couple for Larks (#20). :eek:

This team's in disarray (Yup, you heard it...) and the off-field BS only went to prove it.

Yours truly is considering a leave of absence...

Signing off... :eek:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Storm 2 Rangers 1

Originally posted by Rex
Storm deserved to win. They looked like the team that wanted it more.

Cheers
Rex

Yes, cheers Rex. :rolleyes:
Yes, they certainly looked like the team that wanted it more, especially in the first half.
Of course they deserved to win, they scored 2 goals, we scored one.
I'm just sad we didn't play that kick and run style that you find so attractive that's all.
I'm sure it would have helped us.
Great observations, well read, and again, cheers. :)

Striker12 with a cracking goal to win it late in the game.
We're in their end pressing and their keeper catches a cross off either a deep free kick or corner for us and launches the ball to I think Sandro who fed the night's best player IMO to take a touch or two and blow it past Ian.
Great finish off us pinching.
We really should have had a guy in that keeper's face on that kick and in the end, it cost us dearly.

IMO the scorline reflects what I thought was overall a pretty even game.
At certain times I thought each side was dominating.
Actually, not only was Striker12's goal nice but so were the other two.
Chris's goal to open it in the first 30 seconds was bloody clinical and Brad's free kick over the wall was brilliant too.

I really thought we had a good chance to take the points as they were missing a couple of notable exceptions.
I suppose we were too, but I think we have more numbers plain and simple compared to them.
Our bench looked more deep than their's.
I really thought we had won the lottery until Sandro showed up right at kick-off.
One thing I will say is Jamie Lamont has my utmost respect.
Not only because he's compiled an outstanding side, but when you don't play that much and your coach steps up to play I think 90 in the back, and very well too, THAT is a team guy.
Gutsy performance Jamie, well done.

Our main concern has always been the Pakenham anyway. :rolleyes: ;)

Long season to go still with both teams with a lot to play for against a lot of good teams.

My two bits,

Underdogforever :cool:

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Fury @ Poco Hotspur PPD

Port Moody Fury @ Poco Hotspur PPD

Gates Field #1 in the front was played on twice before us and was pretty muddy and torn up so ref gave us a choice and we chose to cancel it, much to the dismay of the hotspur.

Brandon

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 1 - 0 Sporting

The Big Bitch pots one in the 88th minute for the win.

Ugly ugly game. The wind was horrendous. Ugly.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: LUFC 1 - 0 Sporting

Originally posted by TheRob
The Big Bitch pots one in the 88th minute for the win.

Ugly ugly game. The wind was horrendous. Ugly.

Now he really is going to think that he's a striker!:eek:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Storm 2 Rangers 1

Originally posted by Rangerforever

We're in their end pressing and their keeper catches a cross off either a deep free kick or corner for us and launches the ball to I think Sandro who fed the night's best player IMO to take a touch or two and blow it past Ian.
Great finish off us pinching.
We really should have had a guy in that keeper's face on that kick and in the end, it cost us dearly.:

I saw that goal....
And saying the keeper 'launched it' doesnt give him credit.

He came out and caught the ball....and then threw it to a streaking winger for the counter-attack.
the winger blew by some guy and then it ended up in the net.
But the play defineatley started with the keepers sense to feed the winger for the counter-attack. Nice play , give him some credit.
I remember saying to Demolition, the keeper should get the second assisst, but he might not remember...he was on his 4th pop ;)

PS: the man of the match was their keeper....he stopped White Shoes on the break away to keep the game tied....then set up the winner. Then again....every keeper stops White Shoes.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time for Timmy's Christmas Telethon

Striking a nerve?
Taking the piss?
Never...

I define "Taking the Piss" when one team outscores another team by around, say, four goals.
You both can read into that one I'm sure. ;)

Fil:
I absolutely was giving the Storm's keeper credit.
He played a great game, made a couple of big saves, and year after year keeps getting better and better.
Where were you?
You didn't stick around for pints?
Don't tell me your missus has you on a leash much like the one your sister has on Roberts? :eek: :D

Thanks for coming out though,

RF

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rain Rain Go away.....

It was frigin COLD....and with that rain....

she wanted me home before 9:30 :(

Unlucky witht he game though...I would have to say, you guys would benefit from playing on grass. Slowing the pace of the game/ball would surely help your squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0