Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I know you are, it's just a wind-up.

Kindest regards,

~Dr. Gheller- Paleontologist.
Ya, STILL NO BENDY PEN FOR YOU............ONE YEAR! - Soup Nazi :D
Nice reference to Friends, must be a special night for you when you cozy up with a nice hot chocolate and a blanky.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I give out nothing for free, except laughs when watching me attempt to play soccer

I think laughs is an understatement. It is more like we are all in tears! :eek:
Now whether that is because it is so funny or because it is so painful to watch is up to the beholder. ;)

Parkhead

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's over for us.

Just got the call.

Dewdney 2 Rangers 2

Tomorrow's match with the Storm and the Raiders is the cup final regardless.

There is officially now no 3rd horse.

Best of luck to both teams and congrats on great seasons,

RF

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,
Schedule on FVSL said PM Athletic 2:15 but when i was there, the game was not. Was it moved?

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm/Raider grudge match

5 to 0 victory for the storm....... :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Well, it would have been if we played but the games been cancelled. ;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm glad the Rangers tied. I hate those guys.

Yoda said:
Ranger,
Schedule on FVSL said PM Athletic 2:15 but when i was there, the game was not. Was it moved?
They played on one of the two big middle fields. See with your eyes Yoda.

TheRob showed up just as White Shoes was walking from the pitch. I was tempted to run him down after he visiously kicked our keeper in the chest last week. I didn't though. Had a beer with him instead. You know what they say. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Something like that. Cnut.:mad:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley Storm - Div. 1 Champs

Storm 3 Raiders 2

Well done Whalley on a great season and thumbs up to the Raiders too.

Best of luck to the Storm in the remaining rounds of the Pak as well as next year in Premier.

This torch was too fcuking hot to handle anyway, :cool:

RF

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC Razorbacks 5 Poco City Hotspurs 2

Congrats to the Storm on winning the league!

Cheers
Rex

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm Moving on up

Finally it's official...way to go, guys! I'm really happy for the boys; lot's of good friends over there; some former teammates, and others I've had the chance to get to know a little.

Waggie, Sandro, Nick, Curtis, Kerr, Valcamp, Johnny, Gary, Peter, Mario, Garish, Jamie, the rest of you I don't know...congrats!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To all the Storm players out there,Congatulations on a terrific season boys!
Striker 12 and RedForever,well done yesterday.You boys were all over them all game long.
How many balls were cleared off the line? I counted at least three.
Great job, and a great season to all of you.

Cheers, Coach.

Clubfoot

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Storm on winning the league. Obviously a well coached disciplined team that works hard, plays hard keeps their mouth shut and doesn't retaliate. Ex. Storm defender getting sucker punched in the face and then keeping his cool while the POCO player is sent off. No class on the POCO player part as he spat in the keepers face as he was walking by after getting the red. I heard from one of the Storm players that if they do not beat Langley next week in the cup that they are going to stay in Div 1 so that they get to beat they Rangers again. Something tells me that winning a division that has been held by one team for so long is extra special. Well done and give Langley hell next week. They won't know what hit them. :D

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
To all the Storm players out there,Congatulations on a terrific season boys!
Striker 12 and RedForever,well done yesterday.You boys were all over them all game long.
How many balls were cleared off the line? I counted at least three.
Great job, and a great season to all of you.

Cheers, Coach.

Thanks Coach and RF, I hope we can continue in your footsteps all the way to the cup final.

Dude, same to you but maybe you should have waited until I see you next week, that way you don't have to congratulate us twice.. :cool: :D . We're not really that confident, we don't even expect to beat you guys. I'm interested to see if we can keep up with a top notch premier side. We're just a Div one side, all the pressures on you boys!!! Either way it'll be a fun game with friends on both sides....Although I'm nobody's friend on the pitch.. :p

I gotta give props to these whalley boys. It's been hard enough growing up in the ghetto, battling the crack dealers on the way to training and drive byes at the park. Heck, we're happy to be alive let alone on top of the first division. ;)

Well done to Pete Hatzisava as well. He took the best right cross that the poco player had and didn't even flinch. Actually when pete was still standing, smirk and asked "Is that all you got?" he errupted.....Had to be restrained. Not to put down the Raider squad as the rest of them played a good hard clean game.

Oh ya game summary........We scored early on a header (some guy named curtis?) and then Pete (MOM?) a nicely packaged giveaway by the Poco defender ended up in the bottom corner to make it 2-nil. They took a red shorly after that (30th min) and then chiped our goalie against the play to make it 2-1 shortly after. Yes we should have had a few more and they did well with 10 men but we made it 3-1 on a PK when Sandro was tripped in the box ( no dive, no way...no that Italian.) They made it 3-2 with about five mintues left on a beautiful free kick from 25 yards in to the top corner.

Who's battling the 2nd bottom premier team for promotion/relegation....The rangers look to have a good chance to clinch second place but I assume them or the Raiders aren't moving up so DFC?? Is that allowed? Will the league let the 4th place team battle for the premier spot if the other teams above don't want it......Ponder that though.....One thing's for sure and we're moving up, we have a cat team and it looks to be a great group of young guns. Good luck to everyone in the future..

Whalley Storm Div 1 Champs!!!

:bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're not really that confident, we don't even expect to beat you guys.

I call bullshit. ;)

I'm interested to see if we can keep up with a top notch premier side.

It's all smoke and mirrors, you see. On a top notch Premier side that, mind you, starts Kenny (The Hammer) Wilson and Robbie (The Pizza Pocket) Hildebrandt in the middle, and Rob (The House) Giesbrecht on the outside, we're not exactly a pacey bunch. Nukes is pretty quick, for an old guy. He also owns a herd of wiener dogs while living at home, so the jury is still out on him and what he does in his closet. ;) Certainly, we don't have anyone- not one single guy- who can keep up with that Curtis guy. He's such a stallion. Think you can get an autograph for me? I think the Mrs. wants one too...

Our team speed and pace are probably a slight step above the Rangers...on a good day.

Plus, we're a hurting bunch right now:( . I think every guy is playing with some sort of major, career threatening injury...but we'll plug away, as usual, and hope our kick and run style can beat a group of young punks from Compton.

We're just a Div one side, all the pressures on you boys!!!

No pressure on us...we've already qualified for Provincials. Hell, I may even see the pitch vs. your lot.:eek:

Volley,

Dude.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
Who's battling the 2nd bottom premier team for promotion/relegation....The rangers look to have a good chance to clinch second place but I assume them or the Raiders aren't moving up so DFC?? Is that allowed? Will the league let the 4th place team battle for the premier spot if the other teams above don't want it......Ponder that though.....One thing's for sure and we're moving up, we have a cat team and it looks to be a great group of young guns. Good luck to everyone in the future..

I think only the Rangers and Poco have the opportunity to play us based on who finishes second. And if rangers finish 2nd and don't take it then it will be Poco....but not DFC...the league won't allow that. Good to see that Whalley is bringing in a CAT team next year.

Good luck to the storm in premier next year.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we finally did it!!!! I'll tell you what it feels very good to be Division 1 CHAMPIONS!!!

First of all I have to give credit to the best bunch of lads I've ever played with. Not only do we all get along on the pitch but off it we all enjoy the ocasional drink or two. A great squad of players from the goal to the front, even if there is talk of getting rid of Motorbike!!! ( I always thought he was crap!!!)

Second to all the teams in Div 1, a great season by all especially the Rangers and the Raiders. RF an Coach, you lot pushed us all the way as well as the POCO boys. Hopefully you lot keep it goin wherever you play, you know we'll see you in the summer!! By the way just let us know where we can swing by and pick up the trophy! Maybe you have the summer one as well???

Dude, there really is no pressure on us everything else from here on in is just gravy! Hopefully though you can keep the reigns on that Curtis lad, he really did carry the team yesterday.

Great season everyone!!

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure Red. I hear what you're saying; in a sense, the same applies for us. The goal this season for Langley was to qualify for Provincials, then give her our best.

That said, I know the Storm have as much motivation to get their name on the Cup as Langley. Especially old, beat-up codgers like Red Forever and Dude, who see the sunset, and are ready to ride off into it. (Enter slow guitar music here)

In any event, I'm very much looking forward to Sunday's game, and the pints afterwards. Both should be crackers.

Cheers on your season!

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Especially old, beat-up codgers like Red Forever and Dude, who see the sunset, and are ready to ride off into it. (Enter slow guitar music here)
Great, If you 2 are codgers...........what does that make the Rangers :(
Great season Storm, good luck in the CUP!
BTW, the Rangers Last stand is sunday at 2:15 so we will not be able to catch yours.
Hope to see a few spectators at ours as this is the Final time the Rangers will play as a whole :D

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the Fury could get challenged for there spot in Div 1 for next season by the GEU titans from Div 2 . If they want to challenge you guys! Third from the bottom in Div 1 can be challenged by the 3 place team in Div2 those are the rules from the FVSL brass. Also noticed the Raiders lost to Surrey Sporting , that puts the Sporting out of relagation. Sucks to be the Fury they worked hard this season to stay up ! If the Fury wouldn't have left Poco City they would possibly have had 3 teams going down next season ! Doesn't look good for Poco City on the Div 1 front !

Cheers
Rex

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex I don't believe the Titans can beat the Fury if both have full squads. The Fury are a good team but they don't get a full team out a lot of the time. Give these guys a year or 2 more and they'll be challenging to go to premier if they become committed. I remember the match you played against them in Port Moody and 3 of your goals came off mistakes by their d. Plus even if they go down they'll come right back up. But the way I see it is that they'll handle the Titans should they choose to play. Good luck Brandon and company if they challenge you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0