Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Division One - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Surrey Rangers

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Dewdney Razorbacks

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Surrey Metro Sporting

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Langley United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Port Moody Fury

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Poco City Hotspurs

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 10 Hotspur 1

We came out fired up for our last game of the year and the scorleine shows it I guess.

Our intent was just to have fun and relax and give a good hard effort.
I'd also be a liar if wanting to surpass the Storm's Goals For was not a motivating factor too.

Didn't mean to run up the score like we did and in fact at 6 or 7 nil I went into the pipes with our keeper Ian going up front (and scoring) with the likes of Klaassen.
Guys were playing all over the place.
It was fun for us on our last day to put in the performance we did.

Best of luck to all of you next year and it's been a slice lads,

RF

Don't be thinking I won't be sticking my nose in this thread next year though. ;)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the standings I saw Port Moody and Langley both tied at 19 points. Langley is 7th and Port Moody 8th which means Port Moody will have to play the third placed div 2 team if challenged, but at the same time doesn't it come down to head to head record if tied on points to see who finishes higher and if so Port Moody beat them twice so doesn't that mean Langley will have to play in the play offs? The Rob you know more about this, what is your response?

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read on the div 2 forum that the FVSL computer standings calculator does it wrong and FVSL have to manually fix at the end of the year to put the team that won the heads up battles ahead of the team that lost.

GEU Black Knights also have won their final game to move into first place so they are promoted along with the North Delta Players into Div 1 next year.

I'm not sure whats going on with any Div 2 extra challenges for spots yet, I heard Surrey Rippers wanted to challenge us but their not in 3rd anymore because of the Black Knights vicotry and we shouldn't be in 8th.

Brandon

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was under the impression that GF/GA was the first tie breaker. I don't really know though. I sure as fcuk hope we don't have to play. We finished the season almost a month ago and obviously haven't done anything since.

:(

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed, we have more wins too. I think that if anyone has to play it will be Port Moody. They shouldn't have any problem with the Titans though.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Just noticed, we have more wins too. I think that if anyone has to play it will be Port Moody. They shouldn't have any problem with the Titans though.

The first tie-breaker is wins then I think it is goals for and then it is head to head. I'm pretty sure that is the way it works, but wins is defiantely the first tie-breaker. Don't worry TheRob, you won't have to play a playoff, just concentrate on loading me up with beer in Penticton :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR:

Hate to bust your bubble, but I believe it's head to head.
I say this as we were optimistic that had we won our remaining games and the Raiders had beaten the Storm, we would have won the league as we had both teams on the head to head.
I believe it goes head to head, then head to head goal difference if the games were split.

I heard a juicy rumour today about said teams involved here and am curious as the plot thickens IMO.

My lips are sealed.

And so's my yap,

RF

:D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2(d) At the completion of the schedule, promotion / relegation between Premier Division and Division One will be determined by a two game playoff between the highest placed team in Division One and the lowest placed team in the Premier Division.

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

looking at the last sentence and then the first tie breaker Langley you lose...TheRob you guys might want to start practising to face the Titans.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm thinking wins is the key, but I suppose we'll find out soon enough won't we.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Neil Fuge has just contacted our team to see if we had booked the field for a relegation/promotion challenge by the GEU Titans and we informed him that we are in fact in 7th place not 8th and Langley are their proper opponents and he's making arrangements for that game now. Sorry Rob you guys better start practicing up!!! I hope you guys hold them off. Good Luck.

Brandon
Port Moody Fury

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
YES , YES , YES!!!!!!!!
Justice will be served.
See ya in Division 2 next year TheRob. ;)

All in a days work, Coach.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
All this talk about head to head has my nads pumping hard.

Where's that fcuking jar of vaso now?....

After that fine piece of literature, I'm moving my finances elsewhere. Disturbing.

Buckfast

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
I'm thinking wins is the key, but I suppose we'll find out soon enough won't we.

The Rob playing div 2 next year.....who would of thought!!! Hey i guess you will finally get the chance to play your buddies the tigers!!!

Go titans go!! ;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
YES , YES , YES!!!!!!!!
Justice will be served.
See ya in Division 2 next year TheRob. ;)

All in a days work, Coach.

Robby, you transfering over to the cat program to avoid Div 2?

Lol.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 2 - 0 GEU Titans

Shitty chippy team with a good goalie.

Next game is Tuesday night.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the Knights.

From the FVSL website:
GEU Titans1-0 GEU Black Knights
That doesn't bode well for you guys.

The Titans just got schooled by the EIGHTH place Division One team. I hope you guys are getting a shitload of new players for your second go round in Div. 1. You will need them.

I won't say too much about the game because there aren't any Titans here to rebut, but if it wasn't for their keeper it would have been around 8 - 9 bagal instead of 3. They hardly touched the ball and when they did they couldn't string more than two passes together.

It was good to get out for a run around though. It must have been nice for them to see what life would be like in Div. 1.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Well done Langley.

No disrespect to anyone but it would have been absolutely fcuking stupid to see that team in Division 2 next year.
Agreed, Langley gave us 2 of the hardest matches this year and are by far a better team than they placed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0