Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - September 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City Athletic 5 Eagleridge Hades 2. The game was closer than the score indicates, we made the most of our chances. Eagleridge jumped to an early 2-0 lead, from a PK and a garbage goal. We responded with a few garbage goals of our own. That field is terrible. We lost one player with a twisted knee and my ankles are ****ing killing me. Eagleridge looked pretty good, I look forward to playing them on a real field.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 4-0 over white rock it should have been about 10-2 but we are happy with the score. Winning 4-0 while missing 3 key starters is showing our depth is alot better then years past. also checked out the rippers game on saturday they do seem to have a really strong squad this year and will be up there challenging for top spot

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
NDFC 4-0 over white rock it should have been about 10-2 but we are happy with the score. Winning 4-0 while missing 3 key starters is showing our depth is alot better then years past. also checked out the rippers game on saturday they do seem to have a really strong squad this year and will be up there challenging for top spot
I'm not sure about the 10-2 scoreline you're advocating bulljive, but I will at least admit that you're correct about your depth. I don't know anything about you're injured players (and like others really don't care to read about them anymore), but was impressed with the overall team play by NDFC today. Let me remind you that it was 1-0 at half, and we wore down in the second half allowing your team to capitalise on its chances. I believe that fitness was the deciding factor today. You just plain out-ran us. Defensively, you had some breakdowns that we just could not capitalise on. Well done lad, well played today.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
That is what I would do. Or take the top three points wise and dfinitely promote the top two and have the third place team playoff against the 8th place team in Div. 1.

That would be ideal Rob, and make the most sense. HOWEVER, the FVSL has placed an uneven # of teams in each division 2A = 9, 2B= 9 and 2C = 10, So either teams in 2C are playing more games than the others or ???.

I hope they have something else planned...

In the mean time

LUFC 2 - WHALLEY 1 at the Turf in Langley today. Reasonable game from both sides today with Langley having the edge in the 2nd. Nice to see us score some goals today with our two starting strikers out of action.

Anyhow.. off to work for the week guess our next match is a Friday nighter.... lucky us!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven said:
I believe that fitness was the deciding factor today. You just plain out-ran us. Defensively, you had some breakdowns that we just could not capitalise on. Well done lad, well played today.

maybe your team is just unfit shaven? cuz you said we (tsawwassen) outran you guys too. but anyways.....

tsaw. 3 - eagleridge 2 today

good outting by both sides, officiating was excellent.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
maybe your team is just unfit shaven? cuz you said we (tsawwassen) outran you guys too. but anyways.....

tsaw. 3 - eagleridge 2 today

good outting by both sides, officiating was excellent.
If you'll recall, Mom, I said to the effect that Tsawwassen ran us well in our match against you...I did not say that you out ran us (as you didn't). I gave you credit for a game well played, but at least quote me right when ttp-ing on me eh?
On the lighter side, how was the pitch at Beach Grove today? Our officiating was decent today as well...imagine that?

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo City United 4- Surrey Hurricanes 1

We dominated this game from start to finish. I'm not sure Surrey touched the ball the first 30 min. There was a little melee which resulted in 2 red cards for Surrey and I'm not sure they were justified but Surrey did lose their cool and pretty much packed it in from there. Looking forward to meeting the clones and seeing what they got. Off to next week.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey redwoods could you bring last years jersey to tuesday's practice? thanx, i'd call you but I can't find your number

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonite's score: Lions 3- Wolves 0

it was a closely contested game but the Wolves couldn't really keep up with our speed. Port Moody's finally getting it's players back from injury and PoCo's next on the list.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven said:
If you'll recall, Mom, I said to the effect that Tsawwassen ran us well in our match against you...I did not say that you out ran us (as you didn't). I gave you credit for a game well played, but at least quote me right when ttp-ing on me eh?
On the lighter side, how was the pitch at Beach Grove today? Our officiating was decent today as well...imagine that?

BG was better, at least they cut the damn corn field. Not sure if getting south park is gonna work out anymore :(

i don't give a shite what you said either, your team needs to lose some weight buddy.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys dominated from start to finish did you??!!! The ref may as well have had a Poco jersey on. We should have had 2 pks in the first half he didn't call. In the 2nd half with the score 2-1 and us gettin chance after chance. On of our guys gotten taken down in the box again, got frustrated and said something to the guy who took him down. Your goalie proceed to come from behind and smack him in the back of the head and yet out of the ensuing melay, we got 2 red cards while you guys got nothing. This was with about 35 mins left in the game and about 5 mins later, 08star picked up a red card for asking the ref "are u gonna count 10 ****in yards" to the ref. Maybe he should have got a yellow for the language, but a straight red, come on! When we were down to 8 players for the last 30, you guys did dominate and full credit for a solid 30 mins of domination! I'll put any amount money down on a bet with you or anyone on your team that the next time we play you, we will beat you by at least 3. Name the amount, we'll put it up to a neutral party before the game, and then lets see how you guys do. I personally don't see you guys matchin up against the Clones at all....Well, looks like we'll have some discipline hearings to attend next week. 3 red cards and 7 yellow cards in 1 game is more than we got all of last season.

redwoods said:
PoCo City United 4- Surrey Hurricanes 1

We dominated this game from start to finish. I'm not sure Surrey touched the ball the first 30 min. There was a little melee which resulted in 2 red cards for Surrey and I'm not sure they were justified but Surrey did lose their cool and pretty much packed it in from there. Looking forward to meeting the clones and seeing what they got. Off to next week.

super_man

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
crap-a*s players...

should not play. get off the field if you have no skill. ankles are not your private kicking bags :mad: . so all you crap-a*s players stop hacking down the decent players and get out :mad: - you turn this great game into american football with your sh*t. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all - Mr Hurricane, it was your player who hacked our guy in the box, he pushed back and a melee insued. I agree you got off with the worst after that scrum. BUT , the racial slurs sent at the referee and then the cleats up tackles (one after another), I'll assume out of frustration, got you where you landed. No blaming the ref, although he was crap!!! Then two of your guys chased him off the field. Not very classy. I'll be surprise if you guys DON"T get a team suspension. Finally, yes we did dominate you, long before the odd man issue........ good luck at the discipline hearings

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
You guys dominated from start to finish did you??!!! The ref may as well have had a Poco jersey on. We should have had 2 pks in the first half he didn't call. In the 2nd half with the score 2-1 and us gettin chance after chance. On of our guys gotten taken down in the box again, got frustrated and said something to the guy who took him down. Your goalie proceed to come from behind and smack him in the back of the head and yet out of the ensuing melay, we got 2 red cards while you guys got nothing. This was with about 35 mins left in the game and about 5 mins later, 08star picked up a red card for asking the ref "are u gonna count 10 ****in yards" to the ref. Maybe he should have got a yellow for the language, but a straight red, come on! When we were down to 8 players for the last 30, you guys did dominate and full credit for a solid 30 mins of domination! I'll put any amount money down on a bet with you or anyone on your team that the next time we play you, we will beat you by at least 3. Name the amount, we'll put it up to a neutral party before the game, and then lets see how you guys do. I personally don't see you guys matchin up against the Clones at all....Well, looks like we'll have some discipline hearings to attend next week. 3 red cards and 7 yellow cards in 1 game is more than we got all of last season.

We watched a different game out there but if it makes you feel better to think that you had chance after chance well alright then. I agreed the ref was a little tough on you and maybe the red cards were a bit much but we would have still run off with the game. We were up at the time and only pressing for more! To say that you will beat us by 3 or more next time is a joke...I would be surprised to see you guys get 3 goals against us in a 5 game series. Your backline is shocking and the only member of your team with any skill was your keeper who made about 10 more saves that may have resulted in the game being 7 or 8 to one. Maybe you guys should relax on the sidelines yelling death threats to the ref and other team and concentrate on playing.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:

Actually Blindman is the best ref I have ever seen.....if you stop bitching for 10minutes you might have been in the game......... :(

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
In a game such as the one you're describing, it's not surprising to me that 08star got tossed for that exchange. Most refs won't tolerate language directed at them, and considering the circumstances of the match 08star should've shown more discretion. Good luck at the discipline hearings.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's hard to say what the score would have been had we kept 11 players all game long. Scoring goals is not a problem for our team and I think we would have come back from what was only a 2-1 defecit at the time of the reds. As for the yellin at the ref, it's hard to control the team fans when the calls are that one sided. No one chased the ref. I didn't see what happened but what I was told was that two of our fans went over to him to get his name so we could file a report regarding him and next thing they knew he got scared and ran off. Like I said, I didn't see the incident but I have a hard time believing two 50 year old men chased a ref off the field.

Bottom line is you guys won the game and got the 3 pts which is great for you. For us, our backs are now to the wall and starting this weekend, the next several games are MUST win games for us to get back in the race. I fully expect come the stretch drive, we will be contending for the Div2B title, along with defending our President's Cup Championship from last season.

Superstriker said:
First of all - Mr Hurricane, it was your player who hacked our guy in the box, he pushed back and a melee insued. I agree you got off with the worst after that scrum. BUT , the racial slurs sent at the referee and then the cleats up tackles (one after another), I'll assume out of frustration, got you where you landed. No blaming the ref, although he was crap!!! Then two of your guys chased him off the field. Not very classy. I'll be surprise if you guys DON"T get a team suspension. Finally, yes we did dominate you, long before the odd man issue........ good luck at the discipline hearings

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheers to the clones!!!
once again off to a great start not bad for a bunch of old men.
we will see if the clones can keep up the pace for the whole season.
hope to see them in the playoffs or in a cup game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0