Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
clones have a bye week this week and that will give the other teams a chance to make up some ground here are the match up's and my thoughts
bearcats vs tigers cats fitness will prevail in this one close game but cats by at least one
hurricanes vs coyotes a must win for the canes again talking lots of smack to motivate themselves canes by 3
aldergrove vs donegals after four ties and one loss i pick aldegrove to put one in the win column
stars vs poco stars are definite undredogs in this match up poco should win handily but the stars can come up big once in a while still poco 3-1

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it looks like the big div 2c match up this coming week is lufc dynamo hosting port moody lions .this match up has some league and cup play history both teams know each other and the matches have always been tight and for the most part well played first place is on the line

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
Very true, I thought they [PM] were very clean as well, although I got complaints from a few of our guys who said they were taking shots. I think it was probably after they got down 1, and were frustrated, because they should have been up a couple. Understandable.

Just thought Id throw in my two cents.

I remember a couple late tackles, and a couple fouls, happens all the time. But all things considered, I think they were quite probably the cleanest team we've played this year.

Keep it up, fellas.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
took in the poco/clones match on sunday. great game! fair result for both sides,
nice to see two teams play soccer and forget all that other crap for a change.looks
like these two teams will challenge for the top spot all season.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchice I can't believe that you are trying to say that Port Moody is in terrible shape. Christ how could they be, their average age is about 20 with an average body fat of 5%. LUFC vs Port Moody is definately motw in 2c. With our Friday night game I think I'll make the trek to Langley to check it out. Predict PM win 2-1. Just a heads up franchise, Eagleridge is ****ing huge, I play fairly hard at 6'1, 200 I don't get pushed around often, I got beat down by Eagleridge, I was sore for a bloody week. That gravel pit they call a field suits thier style of game, good luck though I hope you guys take em down.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
took in the poco/clones match on sunday. great game! fair result for both sides,
nice to see two teams play soccer and forget all that other crap for a change.looks
like these two teams will challenge for the top spot all season.

This man knows what he is talking about. I sure hope i can get in and play one of these games soon, I hate nagging ankle injuries. :mad: I think my first game back for good will be the nov 7 weekend. Just in time to play those ****y canes.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My advice is to sit that one out too buddy cause your ankles just arent going to hold up trying to defend us.
Chopper said:
This man knows what he is talking about. I sure hope i can get in and play one of these games soon, I hate nagging ankle injuries. :mad: I think my first game back for good will be the nov 7 weekend. Just in time to play those ****y canes.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rippers what happened, did you guys shite the bed or what, losing to White Rock.
Was not expecting that result in the least, i'm sure the Rippers weren't either.
Just goes to show on any given day!

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe your quote was "Should be quite a pleasure after your lot"
I take that quote as you referring to more than one player....

Make me realize there is more than trash talk on TTP?????
Hummmmm, I'm in the TTP golf & football pools... I hardly talk trash cause I can't be bothered...

"Interesting in January" means full on effort to grab a win next time, same quote I gave to Poco City after losing to them....

I chatted with #11 after the game in the parking lot.. He is just an agressive player.. I think he won the game for you guys.. He definatley has intensity.. It was a good talk, congratulated him.

As to the quote "out of shape guys".... I don't understand this one either... you guys beat us with one sub...

As for Franchise: "shoot it low next time"
Jay and I went into overtime in the penalty kick contest last night...we couldnt miss....

Eagle Ridge sandbox here we come.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
I don't know who you've played, but out of the 5 games we've played, Port Moody were in the best shape. There was one guy who I thought could have been exploited, and that was the right mid. Although I don't know you exploit a midfield guy en route to the goal. We have one really fast forward, as well as an extremely fats sweeper who we moved up for that game to reek havoc. I thought it worked for us, cuz that was what gave PM fits. I thought our use of long balls from the keeper to those speedier forwards stretched out the midfiled well, and gave our back line time to sort out any counter. Just my 2 bits. To start the game I always like to play the Italian way. Sit back and assess the other team while building a strong defencive base. Then try and exploit the other teams weakness. Works most of the time, but backfires when the backs start out flat and lethargic.
Anyway, it works that night.

....but PM unfit...I don't think so!

I said Langley was unfit not Prot Moody :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
I don't know who you've played, but out of the 5 games we've played, Port Moody were in the best shape. There was one guy who I thought could have been exploited, and that was the right mid. Although I don't know you exploit a midfield guy en route to the goal. We have one really fast forward, as well as an extremely fats sweeper who we moved up for that game to reek havoc. I thought it worked for us, cuz that was what gave PM fits. I thought our use of long balls from the keeper to those speedier forwards stretched out the midfiled well, and gave our back line time to sort out any counter. Just my 2 bits. To start the game I always like to play the Italian way. Sit back and assess the other team while building a strong defencive base. Then try and exploit the other teams weakness. Works most of the time, but backfires when the backs start out flat and lethargic.
Anyway, it works that night.

....but PM unfit...I don't think so!

I said Langley was unfit on Port Moody :rolleyes:

Canada Ger

Dec 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
Rippers what happened, did you guys shite the bed or what, losing to White Rock.
Was not expecting that result in the least, i'm sure the Rippers weren't either.
Just goes to show on any given day!
Shite the bed?????? bit of an understatement. All credit to WR though. they wanted it more than us. no complaints about the field or the other team cheating just didnt play well enough on the day. Bad call on the pk for WR to win it but we missed enough chances that the pk shouldn't have mattered anyways. Just wasn't to be on the day, WR seem to be coming together though and I can see them taking points off some of the other teams in the division too. Eagleridge next week so we will be out for a bit of redemption.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jay and I went into overtime in the penalty kick contest last night...we couldnt miss.... (wolfman)

i don't think I could have hit it any harder or lower......sometimes the goalie has your number and on that day he had mine......I think in my life I have only missed a handful of Pk's and two were in Peneticton when I was pissed so I will shake it off and return to form this weekend.....I need to start finding the net and get this monkey off my back.

Does anyone know if Eagle Ridge is a talented team from div 3 or just lucky to win win the first couple of games????

Also do I need to wear gum boots to play on that field????

Royals FC

Oct 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Jay and I went into overtime in the penalty kick contest last night...we couldnt miss.... (wolfman)

i don't think I could have hit it any harder or lower......sometimes the goalie has your number and on that day he had mine......I think in my life I have only missed a handful of Pk's and two were in Peneticton when I was pissed so I will shake it off and return to form this weekend.....I need to start finding the net and get this monkey off my back.

Does anyone know if Eagle Ridge is a talented team from div 3 or just lucky to win win the first couple of games????

If you're talking about Eagleridge Hades we played them last year in Div. 3. They are a very hard working and physical team. We tied them 0-0 and lost a heartbreaker 1-0. Not sure about the field.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
1st game of the season we were up 1 - nil early, Poor PK cal late in the first. I commented on this game long ago. They tied it, our goal keeper got hit in the head and had concussion. In hindsight we should have pulled him, but he said he was alright and counted the right amount of fingers so I said let him stay in. 2nd half he let 2 in that my grandma could have saved, and we pulled him. I don't think he knew he was playing soccer by that point. We owned them after that. ER did outplay us but not by much. They have some talent, and a couple of wanks!

The Franchise said:
YES!

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08Star guaranteed 3 weeks ago that when we lost, he'd leave the forum for good. We haven't lost since. So it's pretty simple, if guys are tired of hearing him yap, then beat us and 08Star will be out...It's easiar said than done though!

Scoop Dawg said:
0for8 running his mouth again, big surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0