Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 4 - 3 Rippers

Good match out in White Rock today. Despite the rain, the pitch was in great shape and held up for the entire match. Lots of goals, with the go ahead marker coming on a last-man take down inside the box (though it must be said there is some controversy as to whether our player was actually inside the box) for which a red was shown, putting Rippers down to 10 men. It was the right call for the red...couldn't tell on the PK though. Fair and clean match overall, though it must be said about the refereeing that the field was tilted for the Rippers after the sending off. Every little bit of contact was called for a foul, and the majority of those calls were fair tackles or shoulder to shoulder. Made for a frustrating last 20 min for us, but aided the Rippers greatly. Officiating was good overall though, so no huge complaints. Rippers had a couple of good chances to tie the game, but it was just not their day. There were equal chance both ways all match, and the score could easily have been 6-5 for us or them. Great result for us with the first W of the season, and taking 3 points off one of the division leaders no less. Could be a turning point for us, with 2 strong consecutive outings for us now. Bye next week, looking forward to the Titans next with an eye on another 3 points.
As for the vaunted Rippers defence...I just didn't see it. We broke them down all game, and have a hard time understanding how they had only given up 1 goal before Sunday. Definately some holes there to be exploited, though in fairness we finally found a scoring touch that had been absent until yesterday. Rippers keeper is solid, though struggled a bit with the wet ball, as did ours.
WRU served notice yesterday that we are not to be taken lightly by any team, and can play and beat any team in this division now. Tsawwassen and the Rippers have not beat us, and we owe a couple of others better matches. We're a much stronger squad now, and are expecting strong results from here on in. Jack D, any thoughts on the match? ;)

bonesbrigade

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 1 - 0 Abby SC

A few hours prior to kickoff the field was wet, but acceptable. The rain fell relentlessly and the field was much worse by kickoff. Abby made the trip, and the ref was game, so both sides buckled down and braved the conditions. The rain continued to fall and the puddles grew deeper as time passed. It was the ugliest game we'll see in a long time. Skill was hardly a factor in this game. You needed grit, determination, a strong bench and good fitness. Both sides had glorious chaces but were typically robbed but the last man back - the giant puddle. Royals were able to capatilize on a free kick 5 yards wide of the penalty area, about 16 yards out. A meticulously placed shot gave the keeper little chance of making a save. This coming with under 3 minutes remaining was a satisfying end to a very well faught battle by both sides. Cheers to Abby SC for making the trip and braving the weather. An excellent group of players that bring skill and class to every match. They are always a pleasure to play. We look forward to the rematch under better circumstances.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonesbrigade said:
Royals 1 - 0 Abby SC

A few hours prior to kickoff the field was wet, but acceptable. The rain fell relentlessly and the field was much worse by kickoff. Abby made the trip, and the ref was game, so both sides buckled down and braved the conditions. The rain continued to fall and the puddles grew deeper as time passed. It was the ugliest game we'll see in a long time. Skill was hardly a factor in this game. You needed grit, determination, a strong bench and good fitness. Both sides had glorious chaces but were typically robbed but the last man back - the giant puddle. Royals were able to capatilize on a free kick 5 yards wide of the penalty area, about 16 yards out. A meticulously placed shot gave the keeper little chance of making a save. This coming with under 3 minutes remaining was a satisfying end to a very well faught battle by both sides. Cheers to Abby SC for making the trip and braving the weather. An excellent group of players that bring skill and class to every match. They are always a pleasure to play. We look forward to the rematch under better circumstances.

Congratulations Royals, I didn't think you'd pull it off. Good result.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonesbrigade said:
Royals 1 - 0 Abby SC

A few hours prior to kickoff the field was wet, but acceptable. The rain fell relentlessly and the field was much worse by kickoff.

bones, is the field done or are we going to be able to play on it next week.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
were 2-3 and there is no way Langley or you guys are better then us......I will tell you when teams are better and so far only Port Moody is!

Whatthefcuk!!!!

Lets see now...Wolves lose to PM Lions 3 - nil......Celtic beat PM Lions 1 - nil. How do you cum up with only PM Lions being better? :rolleyes:

bonesbrigade

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
bones, is the field done or are we going to be able to play on it next week.

well lucky for you, the 3 inch deep puddles prevented us from tearing it apart. So it's not a big mud hole. As long as it gets a few days to dry out, it won't be a problem.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to give respect to the celtic but I could have told you it was going to be a close game by looking at there record. It really dosen't show the level that this team is able to play to on the field, they had a strong mid and d but the stayed back to far (worked for them this sunday) but to move out of the basement of 2 c they will have to put more balls in the net. we played good but just didn't get a good bounce and the celtic d robbed us 3 times on the goal line. Well played on both side and look forward to the re match were I will be playing. Also look forward to some beer on the side after the game.

Langley next sunday can't wait I'm back in net, and because it is a great day to drink some beer.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
Whatthefcuk!!!!

Lets see now...Wolves lose to PM Lions 3 - nil......Celtic beat PM Lions 1 - nil. How do you cum up with only PM Lions being better? :rolleyes:

Every team is differnt on any given day we (port moody) tied dmu we are a far better team than them but just couldn't capitalize. what I am trying to say is past scores don't say anything about how celtic will do aginst the wolves. should be a good but close game.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:
First of all, credit to Celtic for battling the way they did. Good fight fellas. But the scoreline was undeserved. We should have buried our chances and we didn't. That's the way it goes. Guess everytime has those kind of nights.

By the way, that was the worst ref we've had all season. He even pulled out the "You obviously don't know what a foul is" line on me..gimme a break! Just basically awful most of the game. Both ways.

cheers Guru, we'll have beers if it's not raining next time!

We've had a few games like that as well, just didn't bury it when we needed to. Most of your chances were kept to outside the area though, some good hits, but too far out. Like I said earlier, I think we frustrated you guys, and you took us too lightly by our record. in fairness, we should have had 2 wins instead of ties. As well, the in the two loses we didn't play well. Playing the top team always brings out the "A" game in the opposition.

As for the ref, they all miss calls, they're only human. We had him two weeks before like Shifty said. He blew a call and gave Delta a PK....undeserved, but in fairness, it looked bad. But their forward tripped on the ball. The game was 2 -0 at the time, so it meant little anyway. (Also, be aware of the spitter on that team, he spewed an oyster at our keeper and hit him in the face with it! Bad form dude, you know who you are. :mad:
As I was saying, a few iffy calls by the ref can make the difference on a win or tie, but I didn't think any iffy calls in this game made any difference to the outcome. You did out chance us, and and skill level is a little better on the whole, but I think we wanted it more. If that's the worst ref you've had all season, I'd like to have the ones you have had!!

By the way....has anyone seen Dave Jones this year? Is he still reffing? Dave, show yer face.
Anywho, We won the triple crown that night....the coin toss / the game / and we braved the weather for post game pops and you guys scattered like flies...Ewe O me a Beer for that!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
(Also, be aware of the spitter on that team, he spewed an oyster at our keeper and hit him in the face with it! Bad form dude, you know who you are. :mad:
Is that guy still playing? :confused: That's multiple instances of that in the past season or so. Poor form indeed.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:
Every team is differnt on any given day ...........
Exactly

jonny said:
past scores don't say anything about how celtic will do aginst the wolves. should be a good but close game.

I know....hence the rollyeyes icon I put in there.

Yer right about chances, you didn't get the bounces.....are you saying you were without your regular keeper...You? Is the guy who played last night a keeper? He looked out of position, I mentioned that to the guys at half time, that he didn't seem like a keeper ( not a knock), he just seemed apprehensive, and the goal handcuffed him.

saint jr

Oct 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven i totally agree with you it was a very good game. if i could have scored on any of my chances the result could have been different.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Is that guy still playing? :confused: That's multiple instances of that in the past season or so. Poor form indeed.
We had an instance of that on our club last year...he was duly punished for it by our own club. The guy in Delta I have no idea if it's the same guy, it's the first time we've seen this team, and I don't know who it was....but our keeper does, and the guy better keep his head up if he's going to enter the 18... After he spat on him, our keeper lost it and chased him, but the ref saw and stopped play and carded our keeper. Like I said, the new spitting Llama better have his head up in the rematch!

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
Is the guy who played last night a keeper? He looked out of position, I mentioned that to the guys at half time, that he didn't seem like a keeper ( not a knock), he just seemed apprehensive, and the goal handcuffed him.

No he is our team captin who sucked it up and played he is a center mid, I was injured(but could have played but got drunk to early) playing mid field for our div 1 team on friday night( a horrific tackle from behind, no card and the same ref we had.)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:
No he is our team captin who sucked it up and played he is a center mid, I was injured(but could have played but got drunk to early) playing mid field for our div 1 team on friday night( a horrific tackle from behind, no card and the same ref we had.)

I C.......... I kinda got that impression when he trapped the ball under him and played crab soccer along the end line.

Well.......at least one person had some mmmmbeer.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
We had an instance of that on our club last year...he was duly punished for it by our own club. The guy in Delta I have no idea if it's the same guy, it's the first time we've seen this team, and I don't know who it was....but our keeper does, and the guy better keep his head up if he's going to enter the 18... After he spat on him, our keeper lost it and chased him, but the ref saw and stopped play and carded our keeper. Like I said, the new spitting Llama better have his head up in the rematch!
Let me guess....#17 DMU perhaps? A striker? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0