Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] September 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1-1 gunners.... Good game tie Is a fair result even though they scored in te 94th minute so it feels like a loss. Leaving the match report for someone

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd disagree with my teammate S&H and competitor and friend from ACBC Juventino.

We are not a counter-attacking team... except when playing you guys... Full marks for owning the ball and holding it. You guys outclassed us for skill tonight, but we were the better TEAM. You have a lot of skill and pace, and flash and dance, but the overall game is not eleven individuals against eleven other individuals.. it is a team of 11 vs another team of 11, and had your 11 played as a team you probably would have humped us tonight, and bad.

Acbc started off slow, we hit them on a clever play against the grain of play to go up 1-0, then a nice Acbc goal to make it ones...

They have us under pressure and score to go up, and then we get a really nice goal, a total team effort, at least 7 passes strung together for a nice finish by S&H's bro Erik.

All in all the ref did as good as he was going to do at this level with two teams that are totally different, although both have to be considered near or the top of Div 2. This was not a game played by 2 div 2 teams...

We have guys with Prem experience, or skill and ACBC had at least 2 guys play tonight that have no business at this level (Chris Kyd for sure!)

Both teams were un lucky to not get full 3, perhaps you more than us, I'd say a draw was a fitting result.

Here's to Nov 29th (I think?)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Knights 1 - ND Titans 0

Hard to swallow this one. Knights are a good group of guys, but thats about it. We dominated most of the game with regards to possession and chances. Just couldnt bury anything. Complete domination in the 2nd half with the game being played in the Knights end but we missed some sitters, scrambles and their keeper made enough saves to secure the win. I would guess this team is going to be battling for relegation come seasons end, but at this rate so might we!

Sounds like the Nomad ACBC game was very interesting. Hoping we can bring a similar physical countering style and get somethign out of it! Interested to see more results of the weekend.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im not happy that it was a draw but i agree tonight it was what it was. FYI Chris played 1st half in goal and only 15 min of second half out. He is trying to come back after his hernia. So he should be there cause thats what that team is for.
I also disagree that you were the better TEAM tonight. I saw very little passing between players that we did not step infront of. Yes your one goal down the side was very nice and a bunch of passes were put together for that goal . But we did that all night long and just failed once again to put our sitters away. shots ON net 9 - 2 for us.(goals not included) You keeper saved a bunch and was your man of the match. Not to mention we out chanced you hands down includeing the shots off target that should have been put away.
You are vs us anyways a counter attack team for sure as we owned the middle of the park. Yes there were times we had a few breakdowns and our back line was week at best again tonight. (still missing so many regular defenders from summer injuries) But to say you were the better team tonight is silly. You guys came to play and hussled your asses off and ran hard at us all night. But we had the ball. So in my opinion that says alot, If we had the ball as you say, then we must have played as a TEAM. (no one can dribble that good)
I would say we played the ball as a team and you ran hard at us as a team.
Both TEAMS played thier game and in the end it was a draw.
We shall settle this in November for sure.

PS the young ref I have never seen before and he will be better as he gets more experiance. He missed a few and could have carded a few more but all and all without linesmen he was average. We have had worse.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1-1 gunners.... Good game tie Is a fair result even though they scored in te 94th minute so it feels like a loss. Leaving the match report for someone

Gunners can only say they are lucky to come away with a point....point blank nothing more to say.

Top notch goal DH!

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
\Thank You KH. Thats all we ask a little respect.
We might not be great but we'll do our best to fcuk you up.

Knight

Aug 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 1-0 over Delta. I wouldn't call in dominating, the second half you had one shot on net. Hard to play with the wind blowing 40 miles a hour at you in the first half. Its great when your the underdog and everyone rooting against you. we nearly beat ACBC last week and now you. Anyone else have any excuses?

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 1-0 over Delta. I wouldn't call in dominating, the second half you had one shot on net. Hard to play with the wind blowing 40 miles a hour at you in the first half. Its great when your the underdog and everyone rooting against you. we nearly beat ACBC last week and now you. Anyone else have any excuses?

No one was making any. We didn't play well enough to win, you had 3 shots on net the whole game, one of which went in. Done deal. Don't start running your mouth after barely scraping away with a 1-0 win.

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes your one goal down the side was very nice and a bunch of passes were put together for that goal . But we did that all night long and just failed once again to put our sitters away. shots ON net 9 - 2 for us.(goals not included) You keeper saved a bunch and was your man of the match. Not to mention we out chanced you hands down includeing the shots off

has acbc div 2 or prem played a game this year when the other teams goalie wasnt man of the match?

Danish Heat

Sep 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Knights 1 - ND Titans 0

Hard to swallow this one. Knights are a good group of guys, but thats about it. We dominated most of the game with regards to possession and chances. Just couldnt bury anything. Complete domination in the 2nd half with the game being played in the Knights end but we missed some sitters, scrambles and their keeper made enough saves to secure the win. I would guess this team is going to be battling for relegation come seasons end, but at this rate so might we!

Sounds like the Nomad ACBC game was very interesting. Hoping we can bring a similar physical countering style and get somethign out of it! Interested to see more results of the weekend.

The only thing we were dominated by was the officiating. That guy was dreadful, and he didn't allow us any flow in that game whatsoever. Any forward pass by us in the opposing end was an automatic offside call, regardless of his poor positioning. He robbed us of at least 3 or 4 legitimate breakaways/golden opportunities that should not even have been questionable offsides. We dropped into a defensive formation in the 2nd half when it became clear that he was going to deny us on every challenge or attempt in the attacking half. On top of that he blew down almost every clean 50/50 challenge that we won. Anyone who watched that game couldn't honestly deny that we were shafted over and over again. We made good on one of the few opportunities that weren't stolen from us, and you guys didn't. Given that we played half the game into heavy winds with the sun in our eyes (which was not the case the other way in the 2nd half) and the aforementioned officiating, we'll take the 3 points we battled for.

Overall a choppy, frustrating game that lacked flow. Most of all I just hope not to ever see that referee again. Both teams showed good sportsmanship to one another. Should be another close game next time.

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im not happy that it was a draw but i agree tonight it was what it was. FYI Chris played 1st half in goal and only 15 min of second half out. He is trying to come back after his hernia. So he should be there cause thats what that team is for.
I also disagree that you were the better TEAM tonight. I saw very little passing between players that we did not step infront of. Yes your one goal down the side was very nice and a bunch of passes were put together for that goal . But we did that all night long and just failed once again to put our sitters away. shots ON net 9 - 2 for us.(goals not included) You keeper saved a bunch and was your man of the match. Not to mention we out chanced you hands down includeing the shots off target that should have been put away.

Comon ghouse, demelo played well, but man of the match?? you guys had barely any shots on goal. most were shanks over the bar or wide (kind of like our warm-up). though you did outchance us, it was not hands down big guy, i shanked about 3 over the bar myself that i aint proud of. the game had a cup feel to it, not your typical early season match. anyways, draw was fair, cya in nov.

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple Utd Eagles 0 - Guildford Utd 4
The game started 15 minutes late due to sikhs unorganized team being late.We started the game very slow and played down to sikh temples level but as the game went on we got back to playing guildford united soccer and got a nice header before the half also we were unlucky not to be up by 3 goals.The second half was a complet different story we had about 80% of ball position and got 3 more goals but if we finished half of our chances we would have won 7 0,we were also missing our 2 starting strikers ...but our midfielder (mat) took on the strikers job and got 3 for us.Credit has to be givin to #17 (habib)on sikh temple he was a constant threat and kept our defenders on alert at all times...The tie between acbc and nomads does us a lot of good ,1st place is good for now but looking forward to the big games in the coming weeks...

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners can only say they are lucky to come away with a point....point blank nothing more to say.

Top notch goal DH!

same with us Franchise. They scored 93rd min to take all 3, we were gutted! They didn't deserve the three either. I feel your pain haha

stinsons awesome

Sep 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for the nomads acbc tilt i would def disagree that demelo was man of the match. both teams did not take many shots and the ones that got through to demelo were ones he could stop in his sleep. cept for one crazy shot that had insane curve on it.

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
NCU 2-Celtic 1

We were f'n dreadful for the first 30 and were very lucky that they had no finish early. Celtic played well despite having only 13 players but we were able to take over once we started to play physical. A couple of chippy tackles by both teams but nothing ugly. We scored off a corner and a counter attack. Started to sit back after that and they really turned up the pressure. They got one back off a rocket free kick. They were again all over us after that but we were able to clear any opportunities they had going forward. We will definetely take the 3 points but IMO we didn't really deserve it and Celtic were the better team.

I feel for Inter with the gunners scoring in injury time, but atleast you guys got a point!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very impressive Guildford for haveing 0-GA. Not just leading the league but not conceding a single goal is outstanding.
Hats off.
S&H it was 9 shots on target for us and 2 for you.
And as you said we had more clear cut chances and as JBN said we had more of the ball.
So ???? I use the term hands down.
Your keeper stood out from any other as he had more than 1 impressive situation to handle includeing busting up his leg to make a save.
And when you dont lose and you out shoot your opposition...usually its because the keeper is man of the match. (usually) In this case it was a compliment to a player on your team who I felt stood out from all the rest and made a difference in the game.
Not to mention, His orders he gave to his defence were bang on and he was the man talking in the back, giveing the correct orders to his mates. Its not just the saves he made but how He arranged his defence around him. How he had the ball watchers pick up open men and the way he saw the game and told his players where to stand/cover.
I know you just see him as a stopper...but he was man of the match because he did above and beyond just stopping 9 shots(in his sleep). He was your General on the field and he led by example when sacrificeing his already torn up leg to keep it at 2-2.
Is that good enough for you.
If I was him I would slap my teammates for disrespecting me on here when a compliment was made from another manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0