Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] September 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure he prefaced his post with

"Shorty,"

That's usually a clue as to who a person is directing their msg.

Just FYI. :rolleyes:

what do you mean by "preface" ? ? was it in reference to his comment:

i assume your player shot it and it hit him in the face and deflected over everyone and in the net but hey, thats just what i saw

cuz I don't see the name shorty anywhere in his comment??

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont think we were lucky to come out with a point we should have had 3 points, but we havent found our scoring touch yet this year, we dominated most of the game, and as for the ref doing his 3rd straight game he was terrible..
and your goal was nice... i dont see that happening ever again i assume your player shot it and it hit him in the face and deflected over everyone and in the net but hey, thats just what i saw

hahahahahaha i really hope that comment was a joke? how did you deservre 3 points? did you guys even have a clear scoring chance? My goal wasn't a fluke but it was definatly not a shot from our player unless scotty managed to shoot from 40 yards out and only float it to the edge of the 18, nor did it hit me in the face, it was off my forehead and i directed it that way as your keeper was in no mans land. As for the referee describe how he was bad? He missed one call against us in the whole game, and it was a handball at the half way line that was going no where and you guys made a huge deal out of it. You guys are good, this i'm not disputing but in my honest opinion a tie was a fair result, with neither team really creating anything. Funny how it takes until two days for you guys to start making excuses.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont think we were lucky to come out with a point we should have had 3 points, but we havent found our scoring touch yet this year, we dominated most of the game, and as for the ref doing his 3rd straight game he was terrible..
and your goal was nice... i dont see that happening ever again i assume your player shot it and it hit him in the face and deflected over everyone and in the net but hey, thats just what i saw

Fuk me and now I have seen it all:rolleyes:

celticpride

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Got to agree w/ Mission blues. Gunners came out early hard but after that didnt really do anything. Was expecting much more. Second half we played much better untill they scored in the last minute of play (96th I believe). We are still trying to find our stride. Once we do that should be interesting.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cant say either team really deserved to win, neither team had any real "should have been a goal" chances. I think were stretching the truth a bit when you say you meant to score the goal you did, You got lucky our keep was off in his own world somewhere.

That being said our goal wasn't any better. Nothing like a 92 minute goal mouth scramble. I think we took one of your players faces off before the ball finally crossed the line.

Gunners have a lot of work to do if we want to achieve the same results as last season in div 2, maybe not taking full points against whats left of the rams for the first time is the kind of wake up call we needed :wa:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it was 9 minutes over as the ref showed me his watch saying it was someones elses that went off.....usually if your going to lie don't show the evidence.

On to the Celtic

jdeezaypmg

Aug 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea 2 days is right, that just happend to be the time i came on here. i think you need to spend less time on here and more time on the soccer pitch.

Slug

Feb 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definately should have been 3 PK's in that one... possible 5, believe it or not... one guy actually grabbed the ball, then tossed it back down... Flying Phil just called a corner instead. That along with Phil looking the other way on any of the take downs inside... or maybe he just couldn't see that far.... WTF? A couple of defensive missed clears at our end, and it's in the back o the net against us. Not the goalies fault at all... he was stellar ! ! ;-)

In that players opinion, he waited until the ball just went over the line then decided to spike the ball down:eek: we gave him sh*t for that but lets just say its not the first time he has been spoken to. I've seen refs give penalties for less and i've seen worse tackles not get called, but when it comes to Phil, you never know what the hell is gonna happen.

I think its safe to say we are the most Jekyl/Hyde team in the league. Like last year when we get thrashed by Ajax but are able to beat ACBC twice. (I know the second win came one week before the cup final, not their best lineup) Nothing against Celtic but we were pathetic for most of that game. A couple of bounces, a couple calls, and we start off the season 0-3. :mad:

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
[/QUOTE]In that players opinion, he waited until the ball just went over the line then decided to spike the ball down:eek: we gave him sh*t for that but lets just say its not the first time he has been spoken to. I've seen refs give penalties for less and i've seen worse tackles not get called, but when it comes to Phil, you never know what the hell is gonna happen.

I think its safe to say we are the most Jekyl/Hyde team in the league. Like last year when we get thrashed by Ajax but are able to beat ACBC twice. (I know the second win came one week before the cup final, not their best lineup) Nothing against Celtic but we were pathetic for most of that game. A couple of bounces, a couple calls, and we start off the season 0-3. :mad:[/QUOTE]

I agree slug. we were terrible and have been for the first three games. It is a shame we play better with less players and against better teams (not necessarily meaning this year, but in general) yet when we play teams we should be beating easily with a full squad it just doesn't happen. Celtic were ok, speedy going forward but a terrible defense. Heads up Franchise, you should be able to pot a few there.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
. Celtic were ok, speedy going forward but a terrible defense. Heads up Franchise, you should be able to pot a few there.

Next week the Celtic D should look a bit better, as well as the rest of the team seeing we should have everyone back next week. Still a bunch of new players and only our second game together. Didn't see the North Coquitlam game but we looked promising against Mission (definitely room for improvement). It should be interesting to see how we do against this self proclaimed powerhouse of Inter. Would love to see Franchise shut out but he usually gets some lucky bounces/calls against us.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cant say either team really deserved to win, neither team had any real "should have been a goal" chances. I think were stretching the truth a bit when you say you meant to score the goal you did, You got lucky our keep was off in his own world somewhere.

That being said our goal wasn't any better. Nothing like a 92 minute goal mouth scramble. I think we took one of your players faces off before the ball finally crossed the line.

Gunners have a lot of work to do if we want to achieve the same results as last season in div 2, maybe not taking full points against whats left of the rams for the first time is the kind of wake up call we needed :wa:

that was a more realistic post, as for the goal :cool:

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Inter/Gunners game wasn't anything like anyone thought it would be like. Inter wanted this game bad, as we know gunners are no joke and to beat them would set quite the tone. The gunners most likely assumed it was the same old rams, (which were not) came out hard and figured they'd run the score again, cuz we all know Gunners can score. But so can Inter with talent we have this year. As for the game, we feel that we had the win as we should have kept the ball in your half at the end rather than crossing it in. Gunners showed they wanted it and didnt give up regardless of how much time is played. Inter had our chances to clear but obviously didnt cuz they scored. It's not like it was an ugly game, just not what was expected. Next game VS gunners should be good. Cheers till than. Onto Dewdney on saturday
Inter #6

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

We had a draw against you guys your first year in Mens;) and as for Whats left of the Rams. they would be the better players the Rams had.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what's with Coquitlam in 2A? Is there that much difference between div 3 and 2? They ripped it up last year in Div 3 and now have only 1 point? Did their moms stop bringing oranges at halftime?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what's with Coquitlam in 2A? Is there that much difference between div 3 and 2? They ripped it up last year in Div 3 and now have only 1 point? Did their moms stop bringing oranges at halftime?

The question is why did you guys decided to pussy out and not play div 2 after winning the division:eek:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic were ok, speedy going forward but a terrible defense. Heads up Franchise, you should be able to pot a few there.

Yup.... Franchise should be able to rack up a double hatty with this one.... Right Francis.... as you know, Celtic have historically been shite on the backline. However, other than Guildford in 2B, and the Gunners in 2A, DFC and Inter have the best defensive record in all of Div. 2

My prediction is Inter 6, DFC nil...

Seriously, Probably not that far off .... I just found out we'll be missing quite a few key players again this weekend... 3 players all going to the same wedding, 2 working, 2 still in Europe.... we'll be lucky to get out 10 possibly 11

Season is starting to suck balls already !

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey GURU

That blows if it is true....although something tells me its a ttp :D

I just hope we can put in a full 90 minute effort as we haven't played to potential yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0