Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results & Banter December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
can't wait for the big world cup draw tomorrow!!! Hup Holland Hup. Hoping we don't end up in the group of death for the 3rd tourney in a row

Original Red

Sep 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
They won that sweet pitch they play on:D back in the day playing on half gravel half grass was the in thing ;)

Way to read the thread Mr. Literacy, did you not see the part about the grass jackass. Sorry it wasn't in brail.

The team actually disbanded for about 18 years and we started it up with buddies about 10 years ago! Pretty hard to build a club around a pitch like that. It can only hold about one game a week, but we still have a good time and have a monster history. Maybe one day we will get a pitch to buil off of, until then we have a free pitch to play on and a brick clubhouse our wives can't get into while we are inside havin some bevvies!:D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission beat the titans 4 nil last night, game was played on a frozen field that more than likely should of been cancelled. Our game tonight see's Inter missing 7 guys, should be a tough one against celtic. Not crying wolf like franchise did earlier this year, just covering early for if we lose ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission beat the titans 4 nil last night, game was played on a frozen field that more than likely should of been cancelled. Our game tonight see's Inter missing 7 guys, should be a tough one against celtic. Not crying wolf like franchise did earlier this year, just covering early for if we lose ;)

Good luck tonight DH

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 2 - ND Titans 1

Normally you go into a game like this hoping to just keep your head above water, but we were actually pretty disappointed not to walk away with a win tonight, or at very least a tie. Great first half, we went up 1-0 early and that's how it ended. Bout mid way through the 2nd we let a guy sneak in thinking he was offside, that made it 1-1, then with maybe 15 or so left they went up 2-1 on a well placed free kick at the top of the 18. We had our share of chances all game, but just weren't able to put another one away. Disappointing to let this one slip away, but at least we can say we made them work for it.

And side note, I have a lot of respect for ghouse and his club, but my god, absolute world class flopping tonight (which led to their 2nd goal). And what's worse is almost every time their entire sideline was screaming for cards. Which is a shame, because it really sucked the life out of what was otherwise a great game of footy.

Sorry Guildford, we tried ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I appretiate your comments and we did have to work tonight and good job for your club as you did come to play...But a 2 foot scissor tackle, and a football tackle, and a punch to the stomach when you run by a player are all 3 cardable offences.
Your team can play soccer so I dont know why you desided to play hockey?
When you started the cheep shots it took you out of the game and let us come back.
If you would have stayed in the Soccer game your right,,you might have pulled out a win.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I appretiate your comments and we did have to work tonight and good job for your club as you did come to play...But a 2 foot scissor tackle, and a football tackle, and a punch to the stomach when you run by a player are all 3 cardable offences.
Your team can play soccer so I dont know why you desided to play hockey?
When you started the cheep shots it took you out of the game and let us come back.
If you would have stayed in the Soccer game your right,,you might have pulled out a win.
this doesn't suprise me at all.

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can say alot about this game but im not. What I will say though is Thank you Delta. ACBC needed a game like that and the fact we came out and won it will make us that much better. So thank you again

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 2 - Titans 1

ACBC had most of the possession. We scored on our best chance in the 1st half and limited their chances. Although they had lots. Took the lead into the half. Started the second half pretty well with most of the play in the centre of the pitch. ACBC tied it up 15 into the 2nd half and scored on a beauty of a free kick from 20 yards out with 15 to go.

A hard fought game by both sides. ACBC had more chances, but we were unlucky not to get a draw. And with a bit of luck, could have stolen 3 pts to shock a lot of people.

ACBC is very good! Nice group of guys, very skilled and no doubt they drew a lot of fouls that were fouls. However, the exagerations at times were shocking. That being said, many were fouls...just would have been nice to see their against us called. Regardless, it didn't impact the outcome and they got the win.

Well done to ACBC on the win and good luck the rest of the way.

On a side note...of ACBC's 15 guys tonight I swear there were only 4 guys from the last time we played them. Must be nice to have a 40 man roster to pick and chose from!!! haha

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
didn't put a match report as i was using my phone and it takes too long. But anyways the game wasn't as close as the score suggests, it was for the first 20 or so, then we scored then got another a couple mins later from what shoulda been called back for a foul but hey we wasn't gonna stop playing and it was finished beautifully. Then right before half we got another from a rare header from myself lol (but i was offside) again no call. Dewdney got angry of course and i think the ref gave one of thier players a harsh red i didn't hear what was said but either or the ref did end up costing them two goals. Felt bad for the celtic to be honest and they fought back hard and scared us at the end with 2 nice goals and almost got a 3rd from a corner. oh well 3 points is 3 points. on too the lions (weather depending)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 2 - Titans 1

ACBC had most of the possession. We scored on our best chance in the 1st half and limited their chances. Although they had lots. Took the lead into the half. Started the second half pretty well with most of the play in the centre of the pitch. ACBC tied it up 15 into the 2nd half and scored on a beauty of a free kick from 20 yards out with 15 to go.

A hard fought game by both sides. ACBC had more chances, but we were unlucky not to get a draw. And with a bit of luck, could have stolen 3 pts to shock a lot of people.

ACBC is very good! Nice group of guys, very skilled and no doubt they drew a lot of fouls that were fouls. However, the exagerations at times were shocking. That being said, many were fouls...just would have been nice to see their against us called. Regardless, it didn't impact the outcome and they got the win.

Well done to ACBC on the win and good luck the rest of the way.

On a side note...of ACBC's 15 guys tonight I swear there were only 4 guys from the last time we played them. Must be nice to have a 40 man roster to pick and chose from!!! haha

Looks like ghouse almost picked the wrong 15 guys.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
didn't put a match report as i was using my phone and it takes too long. But anyways the game wasn't as close as the score suggests, it was for the first 20 or so, then we scored then got another a couple mins later from what shoulda been called back for a foul but hey we wasn't gonna stop playing and it was finished beautifully. Then right before half we got another from a rare header from myself lol (but i was offside) again no call. Dewdney got angry of course and i think the ref gave one of thier players a harsh red i didn't hear what was said but either or the ref did end up costing them two goals. Felt bad for the celtic to be honest and they fought back hard and scared us at the end with 2 nice goals and almost got a 3rd from a corner. oh well 3 points is 3 points. on too the lions (weather depending)

Well said, two of our top goal scorers didn't get to finish the game. One broken nose and one red. Also failed to mention you guys did a way better job at calling up players, unfortunately the Dewdney youth has better things to do at 8 on a Saturday night. A little disappointed we couldn't get our full team out to play you guys again. Oh well, looks like we'll have to stick to stomping the Pumas for cross town rivalry.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said, two of our top goal scorers didn't get to finish the game. One broken nose and one red. Also failed to mention you guys did a way better job at calling up players, unfortunately the Dewdney youth has better things to do at 8 on a Saturday night. A little disappointed we couldn't get our full team out to play you guys again. Oh well, looks like we'll have to stick to stomping the Pumas for cross town rivalry.

Tell Grant I would like my beer chilled :)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
this doesn't suprise me at all.

You're a douche! You have no idea what you are talking about. All season and for years, we have just played hard. At times we are a little overzealous or a few of our younger guys make dumb decisions, but as a team we are one of the cleanest and least bitchy in Div 2 (not saying much).

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're a douche! You have no idea what you are talking about. All season and for years, we have just played hard. At times we are a little overzealous or a few of our younger guys make dumb decisions, but as a team we are one of the cleanest and least bitchy in Div 2 (not saying much).
you're a right, as a team you are one of the cleanest. but, you have 3 or 4 guys who are idiots.
and i've played against your team many times so i do know what i'm talking about.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct..most of the guys were great and tried to keep I would say 2 guys at bay,But those 2 kept running guys and took the game away from the Titans. Up to that point they were playing pretty well. The team showed patience, Play defence well, We had only 1 shot the first half. They scored on defencive breakdown and looked good. I was actually upset that we couldnt break them down as we did carry the play. Then a couple guys started playing hockey,Maybe they were tired, but non the less they started takeing stupid fowls which got us fired up and eventually they broke down.
To bad for the 9 others who played well and stuck to the game plan. But the whole team must play together and never stray from your objective.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's ****ing cold outside and we have to play in 3 hours???OUCH. Ghouse I need some mittens.

WestCOast...What??? call me numb nuts.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't say played hockey Ghouse...but there were a couple who were overzealous and when you're guys exagerated it got them to commit more fouls that didn't help our cause. As the guy sweeping at the back , it was nice to see how well we stayed together. Too bad we couldn'thave got some points as I felt we played well for 70 minutes. Oh well.

Again, good luck the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0