Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is an interesting setup with the 18 yard boxes being turf. I haven't played on anything like that either but I think it will be more of a factor for the goalies than anyone else. They gotta be aware of the change in ball speed when it hits the 18. The field drains well from what I hear so it should be in good shape for the game tomorrow. Apparently kickoff is at 2 and not 2:15 as I had thought. Anyways...good luck in the game Curious. We look forward to a great game....

QUOTE=curious]who has played at this tamanawis feild.how is it holding up with inclement weather. large park or postage stamp ?
i know the canes would prefer a large park .we a small park cause our large bodies will take up all the room ?[/QUOTE]

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Its true that is against the rules, und ve muust have rulles!! :rolleyes: I'll let it go this once, snitch, and give Dawg the benefit of the doubt.

He'll no doubt read this, so hey Dawg, good postin' but try to get it all in one or two consecutive, eh?

How's that Guru? Enough of a wrist slap for ya? :D

Welllll..........Hitler woulda made lampshades out of him......but I guess that's frowned upon these days..... Man in my day he'd have been tortured and killed.... or worse. Carry on Mod Shaven "Hitler".

The whole 18 would be better than just the 6, but whats worse than both, is out to the 12! I think thats where Whalley's is out to. Real fcuked up area!!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Its true that is against the rules, und ve muust have rulles!! :rolleyes: I'll let it go this once, snitch, and give Dawg the benefit of the doubt.

He'll no doubt read this, so hey Dawg, good postin' but try to get it all in one or two consecutive, eh?

How's that Guru? Enough of a wrist slap for ya? :D

you're already a terrible mod shaven ;)

on the part turf field thing, i don't see the problem with it. having played WRU on their home field, the turf in the 18, but not covering the whole 18, didn't make much of a difference to me. didn't notice any sudden ball speed changes when it hit the turf either. i don't know where any of you get this idea that if a ball is rolling through real grass, then hit the turf, that it's suddenly going to pick up speed. anyone care to explain this? besides that i think it's a great idea, kept the field looking great, the turf lines are awesome. if only every district has the cash to do that with all their fields :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
you're already a terrible mod shaven ;)

on the part turf field thing, i don't see the problem with it. having played WRU on their home field, the turf in the 18, but not covering the whole 18, didn't make much of a difference to me. didn't notice any sudden ball speed changes when it hit the turf either. i don't know where any of you get this idea that if a ball is rolling through real grass, then hit the turf, that it's suddenly going to pick up speed. anyone care to explain this? besides that i think it's a great idea, kept the field looking great, the turf lines are awesome. if only every district has the cash to do that with all their fields :rolleyes:

It does make a difference in poor weather. And the ball doesn't pick up speed, but it doesn't slow nearly as fast as natural grass. When it rolls from grass to turf, it's harder to judge the speed of the roll.

Any district who wants to turf a field, should either turf the whole thing, or the whole 18, any smaller part makes it too difficult to judge bounces and footing, as well as roll.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru said:
It does make a difference in poor weather. And the ball doesn't pick up speed, but it doesn't slow nearly as fast as natural grass. When it rolls from grass to turf, it's harder to judge the speed of the roll.

Any district who wants to turf a field, should either turf the whole thing, or the whole 18, any smaller part makes it too difficult to judge bounces and footing, as well as roll.

sorry, i should've mentioned that it doesn't loose speed as quickly....but that's why you anticipate, it's not that hard.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
I guess I'll have to go to my room without having any dinner.Power in the wrong hands is a dangerous thing!
no kibbles n bits for you "BAD DAWG" when schwine hunt has the power

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:
Franchise just wanted to see how you did friday night against Coquitlam Arsnal.

I start by saying we had the ****ing worse ref I have ever seen. The guy Bob from that 70's show.....hair topay!!! what a joke he is ****y and just doesn't let the game flow. Both sides agreed that this guy should stick to under 18.

The game was 0-0 there wasn't any flow and not many scoring oppurtunties. We let thie one sqeek by....on to delta

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sounds like everyone in the league agrees with you about the ref( mr.hair topay!!!) , I have yet to see him call a good game yet. For all the calls he makes you would think he could have some control but it just shows how much he blows. We have played 8 game and the best game so far have been when you don't notice the ref is on the pitch(that is a hint to any refs on this site). We have only had two or three good refs last week against ER hades the week before in langley, but the cat team played before us so we got there ref, and week 1 against coq. I belive the skill level in div 2 would incress 10 fold if we had refs like this every week.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
clone vs canes 2b motw cancelled due to field was unplayable .side note martin showed up to ref that was nice to see an experienced ref for this game although it did not happen

Magpie

Jun 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest problem I found with the turf goal area is in the bad weather when you go from turf to grass . At SSA the North goal turf area get surrounded by mud . I had to get a new pair of boots to be able to handle the transition better . Yeah I would rather use the turf a than sand box but haven't we gotten way off track thinking like that . Why are there so many fields that look like pastures ? Is it to much to expect that field be flat and covered in grass ?

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magpie said:
The biggest problem I found with the turf goal area is in the bad weather when you go from turf to grass . At SSA the North goal turf area get surrounded by mud . I had to get a new pair of boots to be able to handle the transition better . Yeah I would rather use the turf a than sand box but haven't we gotten way off track thinking like that . Why are there so many fields that look like pastures ? Is it to much to expect that field be flat and covered in grass ?
not when the field is not respected.how many times have you seen someone practicing on a water saturated field or playing on a field in that condition.unfortunatly we do it to ourselves and then look to blame cities for the field condition's that are a direct result of abuse.this is both adult and youth soccer(including women) that does this

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to be back after a long hiatus.....anyone know if the Alder-rock 2A game is still a go?

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious said:
clone vs canes 2b motw cancelled due to field was unplayable .side note martin showed up to ref that was nice to see an experienced ref for this game although it did not happen

Im glad that the game was cancelled, cause my ankle is better from packing all my vegas winnings home with me. I think this year is going to be bad for cancelled games, its suppose to be a very wet winter this year. There will probably be alot of Thursday night games and Fridays too. Oh well the beer will taste good on any given night.

Son

Dec 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Since Jive isnt posting for a little bit. I suppose its up to me to inform everyone about our convincing win over the rippers saturday night. 4 nil was the final score with the rippers only coming close once. NDFC once again passed the ball around with ease. And ours subs got a good run as well.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hubs said:
Nice to be back after a long hiatus.....anyone know if the Alder-rock 2A game is still a go?

It was a go, with no pitch problems at all. Not the best pitch, but decent enough, if not in need of a cut. I'll post more later tonight, but for now I'll pass on this...WRU 3 - 0 Aldergrove :D

B

Blahzay

Son and I will be picking up the slack left by the legendary bulljive. Evidently, not getting your regular updates on how dope NDFC is has left a negative affect on all of you. Solid game by us last night on an awesome turf feild. The Rippers are a good bunch of guys, maybe cause they were drunk throughout the match, probably still mourning the loss of saint jr.

B

Blahzay

Hey Shaven, ND Titans 1-0 over Eagleridge. Not sure about the other game, i'm guessing a 5-0 win by Abby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0