Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter March/April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woodsy said:
Guru/Bored - do you know if Celtic is staying in tact? Let me know so i know where i can drink beer on saturdays.
Saturday beer drinking will be on again next year for me. Barring any major announcements I expect the crowd will be mostly the same.

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good. I will take my belt out a notch and start warming up. I think i am more out of shape during the season. Something doesn´t sound right with that.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
It will be funny when Geu finishes above the celtic next year...not predicting first place just that the Celtic won't beat us!!!:eek:

See..... now that's funny ! ! ! and I thought all the humour had left the forum :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this banter about GEU building a strong team!!! Which Div.? ? Weren't they ALL relegated to 3rd div....

I agree with Francophone and Queen Kevin.... I think if they pool all the talent they have, pick the best of the worst, they'll be in the top 3........ of div 3... I don't think the team that was relegated to Div 1 will do much changing... why would they want players from the teams relegated to Div 3 ?

Were there any GEU teams that weren't relegated?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My bad... 2 appologies here.
1st, for 3 posts in a row (but I have been away awhile, and there is little posting lately)
2nd, The Rob is on a GEU team who finished 4th, but I don't imagine the Tigers will be drawing from the other GEU waste.

Then There's the Rams, who for the grace of God, were put in a group with 2 shocking Scurvey teams... So they avoided elimination by ending up 3rd to bottom...

I guess this is the team that will be stacked for next season.... I suppose this is where they figure the "strong team" will be.... Div 2A.... good luck taking 1st from the Gunners....

Suberbanator.... I know how much you like my Novella's... just cut and paste the 3 together.... or concider it 3 short stories from my Novel... ;)

Signed copies in the lobby on your way out...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
See..... now that's funny ! ! ! and I thought all the humour had left the forum :rolleyes:

If you were looking for humor and the tiny thing inbetween your legs wasn't good enough revert back to your promotional playoff run:eek:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
All this banter about GEU building a strong team!!! Which Div.? ? Weren't they ALL relegated to 3rd div....

I agree with Francophone and Queen Kevin.... I think if they pool all the talent they have, pick the best of the worst, they'll be in the top 3........ of div 3... I don't think the team that was relegated to Div 1 will do much changing... why would they want players from the teams relegated to Div 3 ?

Were there any GEU teams that weren't relegated?

We didn't get relegted smart guy, leave me out of this and It's King Kevin Hector to you. ;)

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We plan on getting relegated next season anyway. Guru you have it all figured out we have no chance next season, no one in MAple Ridge can play soccer, no one would ever want to play for the Gong show that is GEU, God save us:( from the Rath of Bored and Guru and all the Mighty Celt's:( :( :(

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
KH - too much anger!! Don't take it so seriously - kinda how you guys play soccer :) Unless you guys are actually trying - sorry!! With the lack of surrey teams to make fun of, the next best thing seems to be GEU - its probably just a fad and should wear down when you guys finish above celtic next year! Now that's funny

Franchise - i'm not sure what place you finished in this season but it definitely wasn't FIRST so until you do - zip it :D

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woodys I'm not serious just taking the piss out of my club, haveing a laugh, anyway Franchise got relegated last year, but his Ego won't fit in Div3, so he'll be trying out for a spot on the mighty Rams

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe franchise can be tops in div 3 - now that would be an accomplishment. What div are the rams in? What are tryouts? I hope Guru doesnt have them because i may be in trouble - im more of a game player - not too fond of practice :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, just curious...which teams in Div. 2 next year will be contenders for promotion. Wanna hear from the Gunners, Celtic, Hectors Heros...hell, even the Queens Royals. What's the score, boys? Slow times, and I'm BORED.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
which teams in Div. 2 next year will be contenders for promotion. .

Well, I was not in your pre-approved response list but what the hell. I don't have any idea whether we will be gunning for promotion or just playing out another mid-pack season. I will be cutting 3-4 players from the roster to make room for some new players but I still anticipate the core 12 returning. I need more offence so will be looking at add 1 or 2 guys that can play with Chris G. up front and I need some depth at Center Mid.

I assume there might be some guys cut from your newly promoted squad that could filter down and help me out but I don't want any of the problems that tag along with the kind of people you'd be letting go.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what the plans are for some of those guys, Sub. Part of our success last year can be attributed to chemistry. Honestly, probably the most fun I've had in the past 5 or 6 seasons. To a man, enjoyed having a beer w/ every guy after the game. Right now, LUFC"A" camp is pretty damn full...at this pace we'll have 25 guys signed for next season.

Yes, there are a couple that need to figure out the discipline side of the game. You'd think some would have figured that out by now, but seems not.

No doubt, on the pitch, and in training, a couple of those types of guys would help your squad, especially after going through a season like we did where we needed to collect every point possible to hold off those damn Gunners. But, agree...counter productive if it means it hurts you w/ suspensions, etc.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Tigers fo sho, yo.

We are signing some ex whitecaps and a few guys from Div 3 VMSL. We won't be dropping anyone though. We feel we have a team that can win Div. 2 with our eyes closed. These extra guys are just an insurance policy.
Dude said:
So, just curious...which teams in Div. 2 next year will be contenders for promotion. Wanna hear from the Gunners, Celtic, Hectors Heros...hell, even the Queens Royals. What's the score, boys? Slow times, and I'm BORED.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say that Celtic will win our division again, perhaps every game this year. Especially if there is any truth to the Coachmen and Celtic combining.

PS: I'm bored you're just a cheap immitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0