Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 2 games in 2C worth caring about (unless you're playing in the others or lose one you shouldn't):

Langley must win v Nationals to stay in the hunt. If Langley wins they make this a 4 horse race.
Port Moody needs to do themselves and the rest of the league a favour and knock off the Celtic. A Moody loss leaves them out of the running for the top 3 or 4. Celtic need to keep winning as Hades and Delta are still in the hunt.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
Coachmen 2, Aldergrove 2.

Aldergrove should thank their lucky stars they came away with a tie. Their first goal was on a defensive error. Their second goal was an OG. Their goalie made 4 or 5 great saves. We were missing 3 or 4 starters but still handed it to them. Tough to believe they are top of our division at the moment.

I am sure Poco will welcome the result.

JTL
JTL:

Poco welcomed it and then promptly shite the bed! Clones wanted it more and outworked United enough to score the winner in the last 5 minutes due to a defensive misplay. Great finish though.

Poco should have put it away much earlier, but the credit goes to the Clones as they deserved it more with 90 minutes of hard work which wasn't the case for Poco.

Unless Aldergrove really screws up, Poco just threw away the season, given their third loss in 4 games. No matter.... Looking at the Premier team's performance, if United had got promoted to Div 1, there likely could have been 2 Poco City Div 1 teams next year, with a CAT team looking for a Div to play in!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Langley must win v Nationals to stay in the hunt. If Langley wins they make this a 4 horse race..

Isn't it FAIR to say that almost ALL of the teams with one loss on the season have to WIN to stay in the hunt?

We have more games in hands than everyone except Hades, in addition the teams above us have all played the weakest 3 teams twice now.

Still many games left to determine the outcome of the season and combined with cup play it should be exciting!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Isn't it FAIR to say that almost ALL of the teams with one loss on the season have to WIN to stay in the hunt?
No.

Looking at the standing this is a must win for you unless everybody in contention starts losing, which is unlikely. If you win your game in hand and then beat Celtic (our game in hand) then you are still a point behind us. If you lose or tie your next game then you will need to beat Celtic and win 2 more games than we do, doesn't sound likely.

That said Celtic still play Hades, Delta and Langley, I think it is unlikely (but possible) that we will lose all three games. Langley beating Celtic will do more for Hades and Delta regarding winning the league than it will for Langley, and Langley beating Hades will help Celtic and Delta more than it will Langley.

I still see Celtic as the one to catch, Langley can play spoiler but thats all thats left for them.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I expected a little more activity. Perhaps with the knowledge and now realisation that Celtic can't be caught in the battle for Div 2 C the rest of you have packed it in.

Perhaps too, Walls has been forbidden from making stupid comments, that keeps him pretty quiet and those related to him pretty content. Whats it gonna take to liven this up, a Celtic loss?

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starting to think that Hades should petition their wealthy neibourhood for some money to build a field that can be played on during the winter season. They have not played a home game since Nov.6!!! They are the reason there are so many make ups in 2c. It's not like this is the first year they have had trouble playing games at home... I think it's time the league did something. Every other municipality has fields that can be used in the rain. Why dosen't north coquitlam???

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because North Coquitlam doesn't have a turf field. Also put in the fact that it gets more rain up here than the rest of the municipalities you play in and I think you can add it up. There is a field at the top of the Plateau that used to be great even in the rain and when I played for Eagleridge a while back they used to have access to it. I wonder why they don't try getting that pitch. It used to be a million times better than that shitehole Panorama.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the FVSL pages it says that if a game
is cancelled due to bad weather,(assuming
that 24 hours or more is given) that the game
should be played at the other teams venue
if a field is available. I would like to see this
start to happen.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently it is up to the away team.
If they can come up with a field then
it is game on.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
In the FVSL pages it says that if a game
is cancelled due to bad weather,(assuming
that 24 hours or more is given) that the game
should be played at the other teams venue
if a field is available. I would like to see this
start to happen.

Reality is that most field allocations are shared by two teams. So when one is away, the other guys are home that week. Most away teams simply don't have access to a slot on an away weekend. Irregardless, still your responsibility to try as I believe the FVSL does have a couple extra slots each weekend that they can fill if needed. Done so with a Langley team a few times this year due to Ron Ralph being closed.

r0y4l

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
titans 0 - royals 0.
not much to say about this mucker game. both teams should have scored, we should have won. we really could use a new field though, im sure the titans, a turf team, really enjoyed it out there.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't realize that Hades had tied last weekend, that wasn't posted on the FVSL website for some reason.

How Hades is going to make up 4 games is beyond me. They play Celtic, Langley, Delta and the Nationals in their make up games. If they beat the Celtic and win 2 of the other 3 and then Celtic lose their other game in hand to Langley then Hades will be in first provided that they beat Delta and that Delta loses or ties their other game in hand(against Langley).

I think Hades has the league wrapped up....
.... or they will finish 4th, I'm undecided.

Boy is the pressure on Langley this weekend, if they lose they probably can't win the league. Can the Nationals make it 2 ties in a row - that could spoil Langleys chances.

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
r0y4l said:
titans 0 - royals 0.
not much to say about this mucker game. both teams should have scored, we should have won. we really could use a new field though, im sure the titans, a turf team, really enjoyed it out there.

Ya it was a messy field....but better than the cow patch we played on lasy year. Chippy game with some strange calls by the ref for both teams. He really hurt the flow of the game....and he showed up 30 minutes late. Tsawassen held more of the play...but either team could have won. A little frustrating to shut them out and still only walk away with 1 point.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Can the Nationals make it 2 ties in a row - that could spoil Langleys chances.

I hope I'm not giving any thing away here but we intend to run real fast and shoot real hard on Saturday night. Defensively we want to tackle everyone and stop all shots.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointing game at Mackie for Langley tonight as we only managed 1- All draw.

The bright side? Our guys played one of the best and most inspired games we have played to date. We definately outplayed ND for good portions of the match, save a brief period early in the 2nd when we were really pinching to get the win and had to give up some chances. ND's goal was crap, our keeper miss played the shot and it dribbled into the net.

We can thank the $180 gloves for that?

We hope to run into them in cup play.

I cannot believe we lost to this team earlier in the season. They are not very good. They will finish in 5th or 6th at best this season even with the 4 points we gave them. Good job by their keeper who stopped some very important shots late in the game.

We really moved the ball around well, but finish was still on the slim to none side despite all our effort and heart.

Anyhow, good luck to DFC keeping all us wolves at bay. I will consider them to be my "second" favorite team in 2c now because for the most part they at least have some class and were fun to play.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0