Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Reality is that most field allocations are shared by two teams..

Ahhh how refreshing, a voice from above appears to set the record straight.

Boring Week in the Premier thread or are you going to follow the footsteps of Guru and the x-poco premier boys and join us in D2? ;)

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure I totally agree with Suburbanator on the game recap, but I know lots of people don't see things my way either.

They had the play in the first, but were not able to finish well at all. I play defence so I could not see whether their first goal was off side, but several people on the sidelines thought he may have come from an offside position back to the ball. That said they were whistled more than twice for being off when they definately were not. We had one of our best chances in the last ten but failed to convert.

The second half was a much better effort on our part. I thought we had the play for large chuncks and were rewarded with an ugly goal. They went to a kick and run style for the last 20 and got some chances as a result. But our D did just enough to keep it even.

Over all a very spirited game, a little chippy at the end for both teams but nothing serious.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I am part of the 3 in a row club...

I hereby declare BAD FORM to Shaven for not allowing a rebuttle on his rant directed towards me in the MOTW forum.

My thoughts.

I don't think we ( the Nationals ) are the be all and end all in 2c. I just think we deserve more than our prestigeous mod gives us. Consiquently(sp) we finished Langley's chances of finishing first in the Division tonight by way of a tie. Spoiler are we. I also think that if any other team other than Celtic takes us lightly we may just spoil thier chances too. Not to say that we are going to roll over for them either.

When we got promoted last year we were cocky, and we got served in Div 2. But I still maintain that we will finish in the top half which is pretty good for a team in their first year. Not to mention we lost our Best striker to NDFC ( now he plays mid ) and one of our best mids to Langley Premier. I will PM you the names if you need them. Your repeated shots at us do not go unnoticed and I, for one, am tired of hearing all your BS. You think I am over sensitive....go eat a bag of shite (shaven) I've stepped in stuff that knows more about soccer than you on Cliff Avenue's home park.

As for the Celtic congratulations on winning Div. 2c, can't wait to see what happens to you in Div 1. I will keep tabs on you from the VMSL next year. This is the last post from Backline16....................................................................................................................................................................................

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
When we got promoted last year we were cocky,
Why would winning Div 3 make you cocky ??
Backline16 said:
As for the Celtic congratulations on winning Div. 2c, can't wait to see what happens to you in Div 1. I will keep tabs on you from the VMSL next year. This is the last post from Backline16
Me thinks you are several games premature on that one there are at least 2 teams that have something to say about who wins this league.

Is that the last post ever or just today?
Geez at the start of the year everyone was full of piss and vinegar, now, everyone has just about bailed out.
Piss taking, you don't have to win the league to participate.
Canuckboy has disappeared (thanks for all the beer) Walls has disappeared (thanks for the beer, don't forget to keep the next 12 cold too) Now Backline has slipped out the back door too.
I am going to get too much work done during the week now.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU - Clones cancelled. We were told the turf was closed. I know the Athletic played on it last night. Was the turf flattened out with too many games on it yesterday Curious? What's the deal?

Now I have to go watch my wifs game. :(

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 6 Rams 0, it's was the biggest ass kicking we have ever had, LUFC are the most focused, well coached, team that we have ever played, they get stuck in hard on tackles, they don't take more then two toches on the ball, they know where each other are always, it looked like boys against men last night we SUCKED!!! sick of my team thinking they can go play at a higher level when we can hardly play Div2, give your facking a heads a shake boys!!! Our Keeper on the longest car ride back to MAple Ridge from Langley ever, said he has never faced as many scoring chances as he did last night, I had to stop him from jumping off the ferry, Nextweeks game LUFC Vs The Gunners is going to be amazing!!!! I think if you want to watch a cracker of a game this would be the one, I would have to say watch of the year.

Dude I wish you guys all the best for the rest of the year, the thing that pissed me off more then lossing was the cockney little bastard on your side lines mooning our team when the score is 6-0, at that point in the game why? you go and piss someone off then they get in a bad tackle and someone's season is over and maybe worse, anyway thanks for the leason, I hope my guys learned something from it.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
GEU - Clones cancelled. We were told the turf was closed. I know the Athletic played on it last night. Was the turf flattened out with too many games on it yesterday Curious? What's the deal?

Now I have to go watch my wifs game. :(

I checked the fraser valley website last night and it didn't say postponed. I'm sure I checked it after 7 o clock, and now this morning it says postponed. But if you call the parks board it says that the field was closed for saturday and sunday games. So hopefully the athletics don't get hit with a fine or anything. I think who ever updates the website must have missed one game cause it says that Langley Krand play at 1 on our field. I'm pissed I wanted to play today, i got a babysitter and everything.:mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
I hereby declare BAD FORM to Shaven for not allowing a rebuttle on his rant directed towards me in the MOTW forum.

My thoughts.

I don't think we ( the Nationals ) are the be all and end all in 2c. I just think we deserve more than our prestigeous mod gives us. Consiquently(sp) we finished Langley's chances of finishing first in the Division tonight by way of a tie. Spoiler are we. I also think that if any other team other than Celtic takes us lightly we may just spoil thier chances too. Not to say that we are going to roll over for them either.

When we got promoted last year we were cocky, and we got served in Div 2. But I still maintain that we will finish in the top half which is pretty good for a team in their first year. Not to mention we lost our Best striker to NDFC ( now he plays mid ) and one of our best mids to Langley Premier. I will PM you the names if you need them. Your repeated shots at us do not go unnoticed and I, for one, am tired of hearing all your BS. You think I am over sensitive....go eat a bag of shite (shaven) I've stepped in stuff that knows more about soccer than you on Cliff Avenue's home park.

As for the Celtic congratulations on winning Div. 2c, can't wait to see what happens to you in Div 1. I will keep tabs on you from the VMSL next year. This is the last post from Backline16....................................................................................................................................................................................
You're a fcuking baby, end of.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said. Jack in the Box, anyone? BL16 and Walls are both being played like one by Shaven, of all people.

Hector, see your point w/ the mooning. In fact, that's the first I heard of that...I know there was a fair bit of banter between he and a player from your side, but didn't know it degraded to trailer park. I can see why your guy was so pissed, now. We dodged a bullet, by the sounds of things.

On a whole, and the one incident aside, I think the teams were respectful enough to each other. Some chippy play from both sides, but nothing big boys can't handle, and nothing out of the ordinary. As for the score, it's tough when you go down early like last night, and are always trying to play catch-up. We did come out hard, because the last time we played you guys hung around a little too long to make things uncomfortable.

~Dude, with my last post EVER on TTP.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, Chopper: Gary called the City yesterday to check, after first inspecting the field, and seeing it was in good condition to play. He got clearance.

~Dude, with my last post EVER, and I mean it this time.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think our game was chippy it was just a normal game, other then the fact we didn't deserve to be on the same pitch as your team. now maybe guys will show up at practise after watching a team with a goal and focus, the Rams think they should be pushing for top spot, Ego's and pipe dreams have blinded you guys we played Div Facking 3 last year and we win and half my team thinks we should be in Div 1??????? fcuking wake up!!!! just because a few guys go to Div1 (and by the way they are last) the other guys think they should be there???? I'm sick of this shite, Dude did you notice all the one man shows on my team last night trying to be the hero? worked in Div3 won't work here. but keep up the great work.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector, the mooning incident will
be brought up and discussed at practice.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City Athletic 2 North Coq God Awful Unis 2

Three ties in a row. **** thats good for us. Coq went up by two and started trash talking. Then we got the two ugliest goals I've seen in my life. God damn, first one our guy kicked the goalie, hand balled it, tow punted the ball back into the goalies gut, then cleated the ball into the net.
Looking forward to Langley next week.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
I don't think our game was chippy it was just a normal game, other then the fact we didn't deserve to be on the same pitch as your team. now maybe guys will show up at practise after watching a team with a goal and focus, the Rams think they should be pushing for top spot, Ego's and pipe dreams have blinded you guys we played Div Facking 3 last year and we win and half my team thinks we should be in Div 1??????? fcuking wake up!!!! just because a few guys go to Div1 (and by the way they are last) the other guys think they should be there???? I'm sick of this shite, Dude did you notice all the one man shows on my team last night trying to be the hero? worked in Div3 won't work here. but keep up the great work.

now tell us what you really think, im not sure the Michel Therrien technique is going to be the best to improve team morale. should be an interesting week at Rams camp, lets us know how it works out, and shouldn't you be working kevin.:rolleyes:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Cheers cascadesoccer who the Fcuk is Michel Therrien? and that was posted before my shift started :rolleyes:

he's the pittsburgh penguins coach, who called out his team in an attempt for improvement, don't you watch sports center

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 2-0 Surrey

An alright game, nothing too spectacular. Their goalie was thrown out so that was the third goalie this year to be tossed in one of our games. We might get a reputation possibly, who knows. First goal was a pk that was nearly saved, I barely got it past the guy. Second was a nice passing play finished off nicely by our centre mid with a solid strike. That's too bad about backline, he(sp) always had(sp) something poinient(sp) to say(sp), and he was a terrific speller. And what is happening with Port Moody? They tie us, and not on our best night and then do the same with a team regularly spanked (not by us, we prefer the up close kill of narrow scorelines). For their sakes, one would hope the trend does not continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0