Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2: Results and Banter Jan '05

Best record in Div 2, based on possible points from games played, by season's end?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry lads, had to edit the poll question...should have put "...by season's end" in the first place. Apologies to any who's vote this effects. :(

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone have any info on which, if any, matches have been called off already due to a poor pitch or the impending white substance commonly referred to as snow? We're scheduled for Cloverdale Athl. turf on Sat. night, but due to the cold spell we're under, I have a feeling that will be a no-go with that and the impending whiteness. I saw Sands North on Boxing Day, and have to add that it is in sad, sad shape. I feel for NDFC having that as a home pitch...well, i feel for them a little bit...okay, feeling's gone now. :D

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its okay shaven after the 22nd of january all our home games will be at the turf saturday at 9p.m. that will be nice for all the make up games, cup games, and our last home game. Sands is in a pathetic state they have resheduled our game to seaquam but I don't think it matters anyway. We had practice last night at 9pm under the lights wow gets alittle nippy out there the balls(soccer balls that is) were actually frozen felt a bit like kicking a rock. I don't think turf games should get cancelled unless there is snow but i am sure they will cancel it anyway

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since we're approaching the transfer deadline, and also since the snow is putting a damper on the banter lately...anyone have the skinny on any player transfers or impending signings for the stretch run? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

~Shaven

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Since we're approaching the transfer deadline, and also since the snow is putting a damper on the banter lately...anyone have the skinny on any player transfers or impending signings for the stretch run? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

~Shaven

We are probably picking up a player plus dopeashell is back from injury. Although he may choose not to play, although my bet is that he will

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
We are probably picking up a player

Where might said player be coming to you from, if this happens? Is he a transfer, or a non-league walk-on?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
coming from premeir Vmsl

Wow...that'll be a nice pick up. How did NDFC get a lead on him? Is he just unhappy with his current squad, or is he associated with one or some of your players?

~Shaven

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes have signed a couple of University players. One from North Dakota and one from the University of Manitoba. Both are still at school and won't be available for any league or Cup games, but the Hurricanes are preparing for a repeat trip to the Provincials where we don't plan to be shorthanded this time.

shaven said:

~Shaven

B

Blahzay

Pilsner said:
Hurricanes have signed a couple of University players. One from North Dakota and one from the University of Manitoba.
wow, that's unbelievable......especially since neither of those schools have mens soccer progams.

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One plays at Mable State which I believe is in North Dakota. Not sure if the other guy is playing for the Men's program or as part of some other university soccer in Manitoba (either University of Manitoba or Winnipeg). Coach is also working on securing the starting striker from Bowling Greene University. He played with us in the summer and would be unstoppable if we get him.

Blahzay said:
wow, that's unbelievable......especially since neither of those schools have mens soccer progams.

B

Blahzay

I checked the Bowling Green site out and was suprised to see you're talking about Omari. I played against him in youth and he wasn't a top player on Metro Ford but I haven't seen him play in a while.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also used to play against him good, but far from unstopable. The hurricanes are hilarious trying to recruit players from the states for Div 2 soccer absolutly priceless. Like are you guys just trying to pick them up for provincials. Its the B provincials and its pretty low budget and winning is not some huge feat. I think its alittle pathetic to bring players from the states who will not even be apart of your team just for the provincials but i guess if your team you guys constantly brag about isn't good enough you got to do what you got to do. we have just contacted Michael Owen, and Paul scholes they are going to try and make it for our cup run. hopefully it works out

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with bulljive's sentiment about the Hurricane's recruitment efforts currently, assuming of course that that information is accurate and factual, which as we all know is always debatable coming out of the Hurricanes camp :eek: ...in light of these recent developments, I pose this question-at-large: If the 'canes feel there sqaud, one they trumpet as being so great at the moment in its current incarnation, is not strong enough to compete for a title this year, then will the addition of outside players (way, way outside in some cases :rolleyes: ) make a title warrant a bit of an asterisk due to the fact that a winning 'canes squad will not exactly resemble the one that competed in Div. 2 all season and was built at Cup time for just that purpose? Is there really glory in that? Just a question to throw out there for all your ponderance. :D

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
...we have just contacted Michael Owen, and Paul scholes they are going to try and make it for our cup run. hopefully it works out

If dope doesn't make it back onto the pitch, you may want to enquire about Ferdinand as well to shore up the backline ;) .

~Shaven

Keeper #1

Dec 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For your information, these players aren't just playing for the Hurricanes for the B cup but rather are joining the team for good. They have played with them all summer long and from what I know, enjoyed it. In addition, to winning the cup and division title with these players, they are building a strong team for the next season as they want to make a jump from Div 2 FVSl to VMSl, so why wouldn't they start solidifying their team now?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would they want to jump to the VMSL? On the surface, it would appear that it is much tougher to gain a provincial cup berth there than it is in the FVSL?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
another question keeper #1 they aren't even getting these players until the provincials, if they make it and they will probably all go back to school next year meaning they are really just bulking their team up for one tournament and perhaps the summer. but I am sure if we had the opportunity to sign the players we would too so everything I have said is useless

Pilsner

Jan 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of these players played in the summer for us and indicated they would like to play winter full time with us when school is finished. They will be playing again this summer with us, so if they want to sign and play in the Provincials with us, then why shoudn't we sign them? It would be stupid of us not to! Like HP said here previously, our goal when we made this team was to build towards Premier and that is what we are continueing to do. By the time we get there, these guys will be finished school and will be full-time Winter and Summer Hurricanes. No need to hate on us for looking at the future. Shaven asked a question about player signings, and I answered it for him.

bulljive said:
I also used to play against him good, but far from unstopable. The hurricanes are hilarious trying to recruit players from the states for Div 2 soccer absolutly priceless. Like are you guys just trying to pick them up for provincials. Its the B provincials and its pretty low budget and winning is not some huge feat. I think its alittle pathetic to bring players from the states who will not even be apart of your team just for the provincials but i guess if your team you guys constantly brag about isn't good enough you got to do what you got to do. we have just contacted Michael Owen, and Paul scholes they are going to try and make it for our cup run. hopefully it works out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0