Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league back in the day used to run a geographical alignment for division 2. It was split into central, west and east. The problem was when it came time to promote teams they used to have a moan about the sides not being even etc. It's nice to not have to travel to "Chehalis" for a noon game from ladner or Chilliwack for a 10 am game when the other team shows up with 8 guys.Or the CFB Chilliwack games where you would go out there and the game would be cancelled as they were all on manouvers or it had sno0wed next to the mountain and the field was unplayable but because the game was scheduled for 10am noone informed you before you got out there. Although these games did mean an apres game round of mini-golf at the Fun park in Abbotsford.

Not that i was bitter.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league back in the day used to run a geographical alignment for division 2. It was split into central, west and east. The problem was when it came time to promote teams they used to have a moan about the sides not being even etc. It's nice to not have to travel to "Chehalis" for a noon game from ladner or Chilliwack for a 10 am game when the other team shows up with 8 guys.Or the CFB Chilliwack games where you would go out there and the game would be cancelled as they were all on manouvers or it had sno0wed next to the mountain and the field was unplayable but because the game was scheduled for 10am noone informed you before you got out there. Although these games did mean an apres game round of mini-golf at the Fun park in Abbotsford.

Not that i was bitter.

How could you be bitter about Mini-golf at Castle Fun Park?

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or the CFB Chilliwack games where you would go out there and the game would be cancelled as they were all on manouvers or it had sno0wed next to the mountain and the field was unplayable

Hey I played for CFB Chilliwack from 93-95 Blaze and we didn't cancel that often although we did hate the 10am games due to the activities from the night before :)

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotkop, how's the squad shaping up? Many changes from last season, or have you managed to hold on to most of the young guys you brought in last season? They showed good promise, from what I saw.

~Shaven

Squad is shaping up, lost a few players, but brought in around 5 over summer. Got my first proper look last week at practice. Could be an interesting season depending on how we start.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see a big turn out at practise tonight. Shaven, Franchise,Mag17 and the rest of the new look Rams. I would like to thank Shaven for trying to help motivate me to run lol as if. I didn't work as hard as I did to get the shape i have. but thanks for trying.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that a good thing or a bad thing.

I'll let you now at the end of the season. In all honesty I'll miss playing soccer with most of the guys from last seasons team. but they'll be playing for Bluebird in Div1 and If I wasn't a Div3 player with no skill I would love to be playing Div1 with them but I suck so I couldn't.

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll let you now at the end of the season. In all honesty I'll miss playing soccer with most of the guys from last seasons team. but they'll be playing for Bluebird in Div1 and If I wasn't a Div3 player with no skill I would love to be playing Div1 with them but I suck so I couldn't.

You know what: stop feeling sorry for yourself. Like you always remind us, since it’s your team you’re going to play as much as you want; people can either take it or leave it. Guess what, the guys who went to Div. 1 chose the latter option. And I don’t blame them. With no Bluebird around to curb your minutes it’s entirely possible that in a game where the Rams are trailing by a goal in the 89th minute you will be the one lining up to take the free kick, when the fact of the matter is you shouldn’t even be on the pitch at that point in time.

As a striker you’ve scored 1 goal in 2 years in Div. 2. It’s one thing to thing to come on here and say you suck (and so on), but do you actually believe it or are you just fishing for compliments? The fact is you’re always going to be a guy who puts his own playing time/well-being ahead of the success of the team and that’s why guys are always looking for the exits. Nonetheless, good luck this year Todd, I’m mean Hector.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
...thank you, Captain Obvious...I think that's widely held here as a 'given'...;)

~Shaven

next time i guess i won't riddle you so.......
....i was speaking of the age on your player card Captain Sideline :eek:

the only thing "held widely" here is your arse-hole at the begining of each season.

ahhhhhh......i love being on strike!

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to thank Shaven for trying to help motivate me to run lol as if. I didn't work as hard as I did to get the shape i have. but thanks for trying.

You're welcome, but don't think I'm done trying yet...I was re-thinking my methods from last night, and believe you just need the proper motivation. Thus, next training session I'm going to have Franchise backpedal in front you with a Whopper in hand - the carrot-on-a-stick method, if you will - and perhaps that might be more effective... :D

To the point about only five returning players, I say this: As one of the new blood on the Rams, change is a good thing if the changes mesh together well. I like what I see so far, and think that if things continue to mesh together as smoothly as they have then the Rams will be/are a solid squad who will compete for wins week in and week out...and be on the plus side of the win/loss ledger by season's end.

Apologies, 'chise...I've overshot the .500 prediction ;)

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
next time i guess i won't riddle you so.......
....i was speaking of the age on your player card Captain Sideline :eek

Don't be jealous of the fact that I'm older than you means that I actually know how to spell...that's just bitterness rearing it's ugly head...oh, and not to mention that at my 'age' I can run, and play, circles around you while you struggle to catch your breath after 10 not-so-strenuous minutes on the pitch...stop me if this is familiar, wallsie: "Sub ref! - Where's the linesman's flag, I need to look like I'm having an impact on the match..." :rolleyes:

the only thing "held widely" here is your arse-hole at the begining of each season.

It always results in this with you, which surprises no-one at this point...almost not worth acknowledging, except perhaps to say this:

Ah, silence is golden...

~Shaven

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedule for 2B is finally up, KH and Franchise Oct 27th is getting ever so close :D We open against an Aldergrove team I thought got promoted, or are they new? Do they play the same style as all Aldergrove teams do?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what: stop feeling sorry for yourself. Like you always remind us, since it’s your team you’re going to play as much as you want; people can either take it or leave it. Guess what, the guys who went to Div. 1 chose the latter option. And I don’t blame them. With no Bluebird around to curb your minutes it’s entirely possible that in a game where the Rams are trailing by a goal in the 89th minute you will be the one lining up to take the free kick, when the fact of the matter is you shouldn’t even be on the pitch at that point in time.

As a striker you’ve scored 1 goal in 2 years in Div. 2. It’s one thing to thing to come on here and say you suck (and so on), but do you actually believe it or are you just fishing for compliments? The fact is you’re always going to be a guy who puts his own playing time/well-being ahead of the success of the team and that’s why guys are always looking for the exits. Nonetheless, good luck this year Todd, I’m mean Hector.

And some of you thought Hesky had it tough playing for England:rolleyes: this guy is supossed to be one of my best friends:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0