Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off Mikey C came out about how he wasn't impressed with Surrey united of the VMSL and then went on as if he would choose which top team to play with. He settled on a div.2 squad so quite clearly he should be taken out of the running just for that. A div.2 player being a midfield maestro... really you're too much. The award should be called "Top Mucker" and the trophy should be a guy with a knee brace humping a 60 yard ball on a muddy pitch. I mean really have fun with it, a bit of a farce isn't it. The top guys are usually playing well below their level and don't deserve any recognition. There are 40-50 year olds in the division for fukc sakes.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off Mikey C came out about how he wasn't impressed with Surrey united of the VMSL and then went on as if he would choose which top team to play with. He settled on a div.2 squad so quite clearly he should be taken out of the running just for that. A div.2 player being a midfield maestro... really you're too much. The award should be called "Top Mucker" and the trophy should be a guy with a knee brace humping a 60 yard ball on a muddy pitch. I mean really have fun with it, a bit of a farce isn't it. The top guys are usually playing well below their level and don't deserve any recognition. There are 40-50 year olds in the division for fukc sakes.

someone didn't get a team nomination :rolleyes:

kaspro

Mar 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess we should also mention Mission...

from memory isn't ttp's own gt5 the man there?

really this mvp should be from the following teams: Inter, Mission, BK's, Nomads, BCU.

nobody else need apply imho

IMO, our little scottish striker would be our MVP, multigoal games almost every game including the quickest hatrick ever last weekend, always one of the 9 players we have out for away games. I haven't kept his goal count but I wouldn't be surprised if its over 20

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are you fcuking serious? Surely you jest...

There are guys playing VMSL Prem that should be playing pro either here or domestically, there are guys in the Portuguese League that should be in La Liga, etc etc etc...

Guys play "below their level" for lots of different reasons...

come down out your ivory tower Mr. Bigshot and see the world the way the rest of humanity with half a brain sees it.

Its just a nice little thing the league is doing to increase the interest level from the participants, it's good for banter and adds interest to what would otherwise just be Sunday hack footy.

What does ttp offer to the local soccer community? I know... it was so hard to get info and I was dying for the banter while it was down for those two days last month.

...and I've never seen a 40-50 year old playing in this division, I know Ronny is still rocking out in D3 for Sundowners though :p

~FootyGeek

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just surprised they don't have a Manager of Year award, they have to recognize who gets all these players together in the first place. :) And believe me in a Non-Professional setting where players don't get paid to play and have to work, I give every manager props who can get a starting 11 with subs out every game and keep them focused, motivated, and playing well. Fcuk even the manager has to work. Anyways, that award would also between Knights, Inter, Nomads, and BCU. :) Get together FVSL, Manager of Year award! :)

Seriously though, Good on the league for getting the Awards Night going, I think the Divisional MVP award starts something positive and the league can tweak it later on. Maybe adding a Golden Boot also for every division, keep stats online, that usually gets some friendly competition going. Whatever the division, players need something to play for to keep it interesting. If a 40-50 year can tear it up in Div.2 than he should be recognized for it, I know there are a couple Master Prem Players that could easily.

Will be interesting though how the voting for the MVP award takes place though, many don’t the names and numbers behind the faces.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just surprised they don't have a Manager of Year award, they have to recognize who gets all these players together in the first place. :) And believe me in a Non-Professional setting where players don't get paid to play and have to work, I give every manager props who can get a starting 11 with subs out every game and keep them focused, motivated, and playing well. Fcuk even the manager has to work. Anyways, that award would also between Knights, Inter, Nomads, and BCU. :) Get together FVSL, Manager of Year award! :)

Seriously though, Good on the league for getting the Awards Night going, I think the Divisional MVP award starts something positive and the league can tweak it later on. Maybe adding a Golden Boot also for every division, keep stats online, that usually gets some friendly competition going. Whatever the division, players need something to play for to keep it interesting. If a 40-50 year can tear it up in Div.2 than he should be recognized for it, I know there are a couple Master Prem Players that could easily.

Will be interesting though how the voting for the MVP award takes place though, many don’t the names and numbers behind the faces.

the manager part is easy, sign players who are committed. The golden boot would also be pretty easy ;)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a manager note, I would have to say Mission has it top notch with David Shanklin (pardon the spelling mistakes if I made them) great coach, trained with him when I was young, mission is lucky to have him out there. Our manager (celtic) has been awesome all year, young guy, just had a kid, still makes every training session, takes the jerseys home, washes them (unreal benefit) manages the beer fund and keeps everyone up to date. Definitly deserves the credit on it.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

good post.

I have a feeling that a league official will be out to watch the remaining presidents cup games to have a look at the players who have been voted in.

and ya I agree on the golden boot for every div. It would have to be on the honor system but with a website like this , it would be pretty easy to keep it updated and competitive.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager part is easy, sign players who are committed. The golden boot would also be pretty easy ;)

Couldn't disagree more. Our manager has had a rough go ever since we lost 7 players to over 35s 2 weeks before our season started a few years back. We almost didn't have a team this year either. Unfortunately we don't benefit from a large club system like GEU. Injuries, work and personal life always become an issue. I think a lot of our guys could play at a higher level but we play div 2 because we can't commit.

Cascade also forgot to mention our manager had knee surgery and hasn't even had his name on the roster all season, not to mention he didn't have much of a choice to manage the team. Managers do not get the credit they deserve.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you fcuking serious? Surely you jest...

There are guys playing VMSL Prem that should be playing pro either here or domestically, there are guys in the Portuguese League that should be in La Liga, etc etc etc...

Guys play "below their level" for lots of different reasons...

come down out your ivory tower Mr. Bigshot and see the world the way the rest of humanity with half a brain sees it.

Its just a nice little thing the league is doing to increase the interest level from the participants, it's good for banter and adds interest to what would otherwise just be Sunday hack footy.

What does ttp offer to the local soccer community? I know... it was so hard to get info and I was dying for the banter while it was down for those two days last month.

...and I've never seen a 40-50 year old playing in this division, I know Ronny is still rocking out in D3 for Sundowners though :p

~FootyGeek

Toss out a line and watch the muppet that is JBN bite.

jdbelle

Sep 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the D2 MVP, not the Pres Cup MVP, some teams only played one game in it ffs...

Strength and Honor is our MVP Selection, and it was unanimous amongst our teammates in a vote... "baldy" is Nate Meier, he is a rock, but not the sparkplug Tre is. Canny hasn't played enough game to really garner the votes, and Housearrest was also voted up, but he was kept out of the first 1/3 of the year through rehabbing his knee surgery, so he's out.

Tre is someone you all might not remember but he is our midfield maesto.

In the game I was at vs. the BK's nobody aside from Brenden Reilly stood out (He scored that 30 yard screamer on us in garbage time)
I wasn't at the BCU game vs us that we lost, but I know Mikey C 9 is the straw that stirs the drink there,

If we're voting on our pools, 2B being it, I'd have to say it's a coin flip between our nominee and Mikey,

Just my $0.02

As far as other teams, from what I've seen in 2C Collin Robbins would have to be the Young Guns nominee, although Scrivens is their best player.. but I don't know how many games he's played this year.
2A, I haven't seen Inter play this year, but in years past it's MB-10 and the guy Franny is talking about, if he's the same guy I'm thinking of, that runs shop in the midfield.

Haha how about someone off our back line? After all, we've only conceded 15 goals this season, including all cup play ;)

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gotta say award should quite easily go to Carniehore, the guys got more skill in his left foot than anybody ive seen in Div.2... But that being said, he did miss a lot of games due to suspension. But the guy is a class act and works harder than 99.9% of people. Just my $00.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0