Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gotta say award should quite easily go to Carniehore, the guys got more skill in his left foot than anybody ive seen in Div.2... But that being said, he did miss a lot of games due to suspension. But the guy is a class act and works harder than 99.9% of people. Just my $00.02

But TBL said he's nothing because he didn't win us the game against Whalley. And way too big of an ego :rolleyes:

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
No awards should be handed out to Nomads or Inter. Thier whole team is made up of guy who refused to be promoted. BCU, BK's and Mission need only apply.

Mike C has one of the best set pieces in the league. ( against TWU + Clones to name a couple )

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF are you on about elbowroom? We were asked (by the league) to take a step up at one point but we have never ever earned promotion to Div 1, so don't call us refusing to be promoted...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No awards should be handed out to Nomads or Inter. Thier whole team is made up of guy who refused to be promoted. BCU, BK's and Mission need only apply.

Mike C has one of the best set pieces in the league. ( against TWU + Clones to name a couple )

I would really look into this further because you dont have your facts straight

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh yeah, when they won... ummm... right, never refused a promotion, because they never won promotion. Carnie and Mike C are both very, very scary when it comes to set pieces. I'm sure half of Carnie's goals are from set pieces.

HotSauce

Mar 4, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just surprised they don't have a Manager of Year award, they have to recognize who gets all these players together in the first place. :) And believe me in a Non-Professional setting where players don't get paid to play

Yea they dont get paid, "THEY GET SPONSORED"..........give me a fcukn break they dont get paid.....

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just surprised they don't have a Manager of Year award, they have to recognize who gets all these players together in the first place. :) And believe me in a Non-Professional setting where players don't get paid to play

Yea they dont get paid, "THEY GET SPONSORED"..........give me a fcukn break they dont get paid.....

Definitely get paid, how do you think the Nomads got me to play D2? Our entire team has a fantastic "sponsorship" agreement. I'm sure Inter has the same too.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets really be honest about this mvp thing.....

If your team isnt finishing first in the division your player isnt going to win MVP.... So arguing who deserves it more is simply pointless.

If I was a betting man and there team nominated them Aj (Inter)or Rich (Knights) or Strength and Honor will win this award

Thats my thoughts

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were asked to fill a void. We didn't earn it, ie we weren't promoted. Taking a spot in D1 to ensure a round schedule is different than winning your way there.

We carved teams for taking gifted promotion in the past as we were of the opinion that D1 and thus D2 were too watered down... thus the refusal to go up. Now the league is rectifying it by re-aligning the divisions for next season based on this season.

It would have been pretty hypocritical and cynical for us to have taken the promotion after being quite vocal about those that have taken the gifted spots and moved up, just to see them next year in "D2" (Stolo, and Coyotes as two examples) ;)

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would really look into this further because you dont have your facts straight

Close enough. Inter has been in div 2 for how many years? Their a Div 1 team ffs. Nomad refuse a spot ???

Just pullin yur strings , LOL.
JD Belle is right though, your striker's wouldn't even get the ball if it wasn't for the Backbone of the team , otherwise known as "THE BACKLINE".

You're all mvp's... except JBN. hehe

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
To squash the debate of nomad's playing div.1 (from an outsider view)... I was in the locker room the day they received their call to go play div.1 ( I was there when HA was hurt). All players felt the same way (aside from a few) they wanted to earn their way into div.1 which is very respectable. Eithere way, their going to be disliked for what they do... EX: Called sandbaggers for staying in Div.2, or be made fun of cause they didnt earn their way into div.1.. So they were pretty much Fcuk'd either way... I think what they did is smart, and they wanted to prove they can win the league.
And elbowroom, as for Mikey winning the award.. Well he's Enlgish, they always fall short when they are supposed to succeed (rooney?)

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter is in it's 2nd year together? So that would mean we're in our 2nd year in div 2. Last year we finished 2nd, but we still tied and drew a lot of games to teams like Poco Royals and CMF and Mission. We didnt earn anything last year. It was a good building year, nothing more i'd say.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So...Inter finished 2nd and didn't accept promotion and Nomads were asked to go up but didn't accept promotion. Is that correct???

Piss off Franny:D

yes we finished 2nd, as chris said it was our first year. Not to mention we only made the quarter finals of the cup, we tied poco royals, cmf titans, gunners, and lost to mission, gunners, cmf, and royals. explain how we deserved promotion? also we let in 4 against a team that went on to finish bottom of the league, and only beat ncu 2-1 when they had 10 guys. i believe our biggest win in the league was a 4-0 win, hardly respectable. Don't worry we will be gone after this year though weather we win cup or not.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes we finished 2nd, as chris said it was our first year. Not to mention we only made the quarter finals of the cup, we tied poco royals, cmf titans, gunners, and lost to mission, gunners, cmf, and royals. explain how we deserved promotion? also we let in 4 against a team that went on to finish bottom of the league, and only beat ncu 2-1 when they had 10 guys. i believe our biggest win in the league was a 4-0 win, hardly respectable. Don't worry we will be gone after this year though weather we win cup or not.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you'll be in D2 next year and not gone. Unless you're folding. Then you're gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0