Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL DIV 2] Banter & Results March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 2] Banter, Results January & February 09

ACBC 5- LUFC Athletics 0
Congrats to Abby they worked hard for promotion and earned it.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

ACBC 5-0 LUFC Athletics, ACBC played without their backline as they were in card trouble. Poured it on in the second to score 4 as it was 1-0 at halftime.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

We play at 10 am,,with daylight saveings its really 9am...This is the only thing about soccer i truely hate...early morning games are for kids who sit around all day in thier kits waiting to play...10am...on a sunday,...ill miss church

Rich you keep getting the short end of that staw, I remember the same thing happened to us last year, 10am kick off on daylight savings. If I remember right we beat surrey storm 6-0 and I hear you won 5-0 this weekend at the same time. Maybe you should keep that time slot open for next year.LOL

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I really would pay the $150 and take the loss..I got a $365 speeding ticked through a work zone 40 k over the limmit..on the way to the park this am.
I think all teams who like the 10am time should be in the same division.
I had to sit one of my guys today cause he was still drunk from the night before.
I really hate early am games.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I really would pay the $150 and take the loss..I got a $365 speeding ticked through a work zone 40 k over the limmit..on the way to the park this am.
I think all teams who like the 10am time should be in the same division.
I had to sit one of my guys today cause he was still drunk from the night before.
I really hate early am games.

And you missed church:rolleyes: I still went and prayed for ya Ghouse:)

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

yah westcoast, our keeper decided to no show, and we have no back up goalie. so we had to basically rock paper scissor it to see who was gonna play in net. but what are you gonna do ya know.. you guys played ok, we played like crap. we were missing a total of 7 i think, including franchise and our other striker. good luck next week WC. hope you guys stick around in div 2 next

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

yah westcoast, our keeper decided to no show, and we have no back up goalie. so we had to basically rock paper scissor it to see who was gonna play in net. but what are you gonna do ya know.. you guys played ok, we played like crap. we were missing a total of 7 i think, including franchise and our other striker. good luck next week WC. hope you guys stick around in div 2 next

Shitty deal:(

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just seen on the web-site that Port Moody Lions forfeited to the Bullets, after having 3 or 4 forfeits last year. Totally unacceptable, the league should really take a harder stance against teams that simply do not want to show up, they were battling for promotion last week and then do not have enough class to not even bother showing up this week? Did they look at the standings to see if the game meant anything to other teams? Or did they simply just not even care? There could have been a tie with 3 teams at 17 points for the last relegation spot (I'm pretty sure the Bullets would have been OK anyways--but that's beside the point), but that did not matter to P.M. Total lack of class and disrespect to the teams in the league and the $150 fine is not enough. Lots of teams have played with 8 or 9 players this year (we did on Friday), I'm sure they could have scraped up enough players to play, they have 22 on their roster and it was their home game!!! Not sure what can be done to stop this...maybe 3 strikes and your out, we do not need teams that simply choose to not play. Rant over

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco 1 - 1 WRU

We only had 11 players, they had 13. We went one-up from a freekick inside 10mins. Then lost a player to an injury around the 15min mark, so played the remainder of the game 10 vs 11.

They levelled midway through the first half from a one-on-one against the goalie, keeper saved the first attempt, but was stranded to stop the rebound that came straight back to the striker.

They had the majority of possession for the rest of the game, but rarely threaten, choosing to hit 25 yarders all game over the bar. We had a couple of good chances to sneak the win, but wasn't to be.

Special shout-out to C4L for emailing everyone on Fri to remind us about the clocks, and then failing to show up for the game (and his last for the team)...poor showing...luckily our gimp in goal wasn't tested too much!

Season finished...on to summer...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

coyotes 'A' :rolleyes: 2- nomads 0.....just saw the second half...heard nomads had pressure in the first half but couldn't score...second half was some of the worst soccer i've seen in a long time..it would make div 3 teams look good...coyotes got 2 somewhat decent goals....housearrest would have definitely made a difference but the other guy in net today wasn't too great...nomads had one freekick that was pretty sweet JUST missing the far post leaving everyone standing n watching even the yotes keeper....yotes now with 14 points putting pressure on nd titans n the columbia bearcats...titans need a win tonight to stay up....should be close to about half time in that game...

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

coyotes 'A' :rolleyes: 2- nomads 0.....just saw the second half...heard nomads had pressure in the first half but couldn't score...second half was some of the worst soccer i've seen in a long time..it would make div 3 teams look good...coyotes got 2 somewhat decent goals....housearrest would have definitely made a difference but the other guy in net today wasn't too great...nomads had one freekick that was pretty sweet JUST missing the far post leaving everyone standing n watching even the yotes keeper....yotes now with 14 points putting pressure on nd titans n the columbia bearcats...titans need a win tonight to stay up....should be close to about half time in that game...

lmao their roster has 29 names on it. damn

ya we went out there to have fun - me up front, a 5'2" defender in net. Back to div 3 for the yotes.

I guess I only get to score in summer soccer :'(

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Special shout-out to C4L for emailing everyone on Fri to remind us about the clocks, and then failing to show up for the game (and his last for the team)...poor showing...luckily our gimp in goal wasn't tested too much!
hahaha sorry my friend, i got in a little bit of trouble with the men in blue on Saturday night. But dont you worry, Real WR will be seeing all of you really soon, but we will just be on opposite sides of the field this time.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

lmao their roster has 29 names on it. damn

ya we went out there to have fun - me up front, a 5'2" defender in net. Back to div 3 for the yotes.

I guess I only get to score in summer soccer :'(
ya man its pretty funny to see a team with almost 30 guys signed have turnouts like 10,11,12 guys. oh well now they're finally down to d3. now we get to be the 'A' team :)

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

ya I was at the game on the sidelines making my coaching debut! lol! day after the quarter final game vsm sentinel, went to play indoor and messed up my knee pretty bad. popped in and out again. 2nd time in 2 weeks so no way I could play in our last game. and since we don't have a back up keep I give props to Nick for stepping up to the challenge of going in net even though he's never done it before.

we tried a new formation of 3-5-2 as well, testing the waters for some crazy offense next year with some new signings coming in. we looked ****in amazing in the 1st half with about 6 to 8 glorious chances, including 1 from KJ but the real difference of the game was the big Yotes keep in net. he stoned walled us all game. was unreal. great game from him and was the real difference maker cause if 1 or 2 of those had gone in, it would have been game over from there.

well done to the Titans for taking out Columbia and staying up in div. 2. u guys deserve it. hope to be in the same div again next year.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lions could call up from the Gunners U21 team aswell Oldtimer.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just seen on the web-site that Port Moody Lions forfeited to the Bullets, after having 3 or 4 forfeits last year. Totally unacceptable, the league should really take a harder stance against teams that simply do not want to show up, they were battling for promotion last week and then do not have enough class to not even bother showing up this week? Did they look at the standings to see if the game meant anything to other teams? Or did they simply just not even care? There could have been a tie with 3 teams at 17 points for the last relegation spot (I'm pretty sure the Bullets would have been OK anyways--but that's beside the point), but that did not matter to P.M. Total lack of class and disrespect to the teams in the league and the $150 fine is not enough. Lots of teams have played with 8 or 9 players this year (we did on Friday), I'm sure they could have scraped up enough players to play, they have 22 on their roster and it was their home game!!! Not sure what can be done to stop this...maybe 3 strikes and your out, we do not need teams that simply choose to not play. Rant over
I heard they didn't want to get promoted. We played them last weekend in P.M. and all they only came out with 12 players, quite a poor showing for a first place showdown, as we came from Abby with 17. Kinda sad for a first place team(at the time). I guess after we beat them they gave up. Too bad:rolleyes:

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard that somewhere too, the lions not wanting promotion.. anyone know if its true?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard that somewhere too, the lions not wanting promotion.. anyone know if its true?

w/e they should be kicked out entirely, Oldtimer is right, they are no better than Chehalis, the league needs to make it one forfeit is a large fine ($500?) and two you are simply out. I know this is their first this year but it was 3 or 4 last year. Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0