Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They changed the game three times in week on three seperate days and guys had to re-arrange there schedule,
Like I said, the same thing happened last year to us.... ask Thomas about that. Some things can't be helped. Suck it up!
we have 12 guys missing, would you like me to list them for you??
Please do!
Worry about your own team you lost to the TITANS:eek:!
Don't underestimate the titans.... they're every bit as good as our team is.... maybe better :rolleyes:

If Whalley wants to say they put the first lose on our record best from a forfeit by all means but carma will bite them in the ass. Hey but it least they will pass us in the power rankings:rolleyes:

For the last time.... it's loss not 'lose'.... friggin french fry! !

The power rankings mean very little.... we're in 11th, and we should be in 31st!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like it guru, I will side with the Rams Boys on this one. Moving the game once inside a week is one thing, but three times is a joke...My Team should do that, we'll just move the games around and finally the team we are playing will forfeit.

it bollox and it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

scottish_kiss

Aug 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok here's what happened, the LEAGUE changed the game from saturday the 27th to sunday the 28th on Oct 15, then the LEAGUE changed the game from sunday to friday night on Oct 21. By my count that is only twice. We still have the same problems as the Rams with guys changing schedules then rechanging.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't that contradictory to what Itallian_Stallion21 posted?
I thought he mentioned the club gave back the Tom Binnie park time and then yanked it again...who is right here?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the street is game may change to 8:30 Friday night at Tom Binnie turf to make sure we get it in. I'm off to Whistler for the week so you may or may not be graced with my presence :D

evidence exhibit A- how would a player know the "League" has plans to move the game? He doesn't, the club or coach does though, and rumours fly as coaches and clubs tend to let thingss slip easier than the "League" Does

Sorry about that, though it's out of our hands, and believe me, we don't want to play Friday night at 8:30 either. First Whalley gives away our field time to U-15 so none of their games will get cancelled and give us Kwantlen on Sundays. Then they decide they'll be nice and give us turf time on Fridays at 8:30 so we won't have to worry about getting games cancelled. All the more reason for us to leave Whalley next year. Not looking forward to the running part of the game as I've been drinking my face of in Whistler all week. I will still predict a 3-1 win for us, especially if Franchise isn't going to be there. Kind of saddens me, if we win it won't be against their best (although we won't have a full squad either). Have a good week boys and I'll be back to the banter Friday morning.

exhibit B

since when is "Whalley" the "League" ???

scottish_kiss

Aug 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright next time i will have my facts right before I comment. :eek: Hopefully Rams can get a full squad. Should be a good game if they do.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alrighty, seems there's a lot of commotion from this, understandably so. This is what I've been told. Whalley wants the field for U-15 or whatever. Takes our time, gives as Kwantlen on Sunday. We like the time and the fact we're on grass now, even though the field sucks. We still bitch though as it's a piss off having to change around our schedule for the year 7 weeks in. Whalley then says they have found turf time on for us on Friday's at 8:30, which no one wants again, for the same reason as the Rams don't want to play. Our coach calls me and asks my opinion on whether we should try and postpone, move etc. (for example, I said play the Lions even though they were short, as one days notice is brutal, especially when some guys are missing for a birthday). When I talked to him last there wasn't an option of trying to get it changed again, apparently we're Friday nights at 8:30 now, although the team has voiced their displeasure at that time, but who knows what Whalley will do.

We want to beat the Rams, and I would much rather do it against a full squad, but like Guru said, the games have to get played. We went 15-0-1 last year and we only played 9 games. Tons of forfeits because of games that were cancelled and couldn't be made up. I really, really, really hope the Rams can field a team tomorrow, otherwise we'll have to wait for the rematch to beat their full squad :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I just checked the updated schedule, and our next 2 home games are different. First one is Kwantlen Upper, Sunday at 2 PM. Next week it's the Tigers , 8:30 Friday at Tom Binnie. Now we don't even have a freaking consistent time. Fcukin Whalley.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you guys don't go through Whalley for your fields, the league assigns you one.

Our home time is sunday nights at 8pm at cloverdale turf #3
probably one of the best turf fields in the league.

Next year tell your coach not to go through Whalley. This is mens league there goin to take care of the youth over you guys.

fridays at 8:30 sucks but there are teams who play saturdays at 9pm now that sucks

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you guys don't go through Whalley for your fields, the league assigns you one.

Our home time is sunday nights at 8pm at cloverdale turf #3
probably one of the best turf fields in the league.

Next year tell your coach not to go through Whalley. This is mens league there goin to take care of the youth over you guys.

fridays at 8:30 sucks but there are teams who play saturdays at 9pm now that sucks

We're leaving Whalley after this year, too much BS again this year. We don't know where we're going but we either want to play at MAP or CAP, which would mean Surrey, Langley or independent.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Day and Shaven is on the 1040 waaaay to early.....grant rant Shaven!

Ah, you heard that did you 'chise? What were you doing up so early?? Oh, wait...might not have gone to bed yet...?!

Thanks bro, just tryin' to do the Rams proud by keepin' the rants real!

~Shaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0