Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div. 2] Banter and results - February 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magpies VS Coachmen

I will tell you this much. This game was the game of the week. Very good on both sides, however the first goal against the Magpies was unlucky it went over the keeper's foot on a breakaway, oh well.

The Magpies scored but were called offside. The Coachmen got a very bad referee goal scored against them when one of the Coachmen players hit the goalie from behind as he was making a throw and put the ball in the net. The ref said the keeper dropped it, that is brutal.

2-1 Coachmen at half.

3-1 Coachmen within the first 5 minutes after a breakaway, and pretty much equal play for the rest of the game, nice saves by the Magpies goalie.

3-2 with 2 minutes left after a nice volley from the Magpies player.

End Game.

My personal thoughts were the Coachmen may be able to play better next game, however Magpies were the better team as a whole on the field, and 2 unlucky goals was the story of the game.

Great game to watch, once again, a lot of emotion from both clubs.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Magpies VS Coachmen

Magpies definitely gave us a better game than last. To say that they were the better team is unbelievable. Sure we got a lucky goal but their first goal was a give away from us from a player that never gives the ball away. We again didn't play well and I think the Magpies thought it was the World Cup Final especially their coach. They only had 2 or 3 chances. We had 9 to 10 clear cut chances. Their goalie made some very good saves and we missed a few relatively easy ones. This was a good game for us as it was a bit of a wake up call and will help to prepare us for future cup games. Mag 17 didn't deliver with any beer.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 6 - Langley 1
Langley had only 10 so they were in for a tough fight to start.
We put in 3 quick ones an then everyone just kinda went through the motions. Game was called 10 min early as it was becoming apparent nobody cared anymore.

Weirdest part of the game was some guy screaming and yelling at our team after the game. I wasn't really listening to what he said, so i can't tell you what he was talking about, but it freaked me out.

Llama

Nov 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
...Weirdest part of the game was some guy screaming and yelling at our team after the game. I wasn't really listening to what he said, so i can't tell you what he was talking about, but it freaked me out.

I think it had something to do with not getting on the pie chart plus old people like to yell at random things.

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Canuckboy,

Watched your game today. What a rip off. I did enjoy the midget toss at the end of the game though.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Woody I lost my temper at the end. I had enough of liitle punks beeking off all game. That guy planted his elbow right behind my ear. I reached behind my head and as I looked at the blood i snapped. Good thing it wasn't a few years ago, I would have killed that poor kid. As it was I just chucked him and put him in a Judo hold until he whimpered.

sigh what a season for Poco

Anyhoo Coquitlam Arsenal 3 Poco Ahtletic 1. Coquitlam looked way better in our first game against them, they better pull up thier socks if they want to test the Coachmen.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 red cards for Coquitlam Arsenal going into a playoff weekend. Not a smart move.:rolleyes:
I hear Kenny Aujula was gonna kill someone today.:D

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well thank you Jack the Lad for the nice comments about my goalkeeping on the weekend. I do believe as a whole our team played very well, but when I said I think the Magpies deserved the win, I was referring to the fact that the 2nd goal against the Magpies was so brutal to say the least that at least we should have came a way with a tie. Brutal, I do mean the fact that the referee believed I dropped the ball rather than seeing myself getting hit from behind. I don't believe in my entire goalkeeping career I have ever dropped the ball once it has been in my hands as I am running. Worst non-call ever. Obviously this being league, it's not the biggest deal, I think we played well against you, and it's big for our cup game next week which is the most important.

However I do agree, the Coachmen did have a wake-up call because I know they could play better.

Good game to watch however.

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Yeah Woody I lost my temper at the end. I had enough of liitle punks beeking off all game. That guy planted his elbow right behind my ear. I reached behind my head and as I looked at the blood i snapped. Good thing it wasn't a few years ago, I would have killed that poor kid. As it was I just chucked him and put him in a Judo hold until he whimpered.

Anyhoo Coquitlam Arsenal 3 Poco Ahtletic 1. Coquitlam looked way better in our first game against them, they better pull up thier socks if they want to test the Coachmen.

I'll join you on the sidelines for beers next week CB. JB gave me a red with 10 seconds left for a meager slide tackle. :rolleyes: We should carpool to our hearings.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Who won the Rams game?

Ahhhhh.....Back to the Beaches in Sunny Dominican:wa:

0-0 draw shite game we missed so many sitters, not me though I was on teh bench most of the game:p

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:

That's brutal CB did he sucker you? in that cass you should have killed him, little mouth twats that think they can get away with cheep shots. no place for that in the game.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bitter_cabbage said:
I'll join you on the sidelines for beers next week CB. JB gave me a red with 10 seconds left for a meager slide tackle. :rolleyes: We should carpool to our hearings.
You call it a slide tackle...everyone else calls in Bitter Cabage falling down (again), possibly being done for the season (again) and possibly requiring surgery (again). Somethings never change old man!!:p

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
United 4 - 1 Royals

Well played game by both...no score at the half...their keeper made a few great saves in close to keep it that way. We opened it up in the second and they were given a gift of a pk. Cabbage with a terrible slide from behind..:bronco: ..oh well at least he can have the dogs ready for us next week.

And my face still hurts from gettin the boot to it. :(

bitter_cabbage

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
You call it a slide tackle...everyone else calls in Bitter Cabage falling down (again), possibly being done for the season (again) and possibly requiring surgery (again). Somethings never change old man!!:p

Argyle, that hurts... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0