Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results December '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've seen them play obviously then, whats the deal? They just really young/fast? They have a couple ringers? Soft division(no offence 2C)? Why you think they are having this much success? All the stats tell is that they score lots and dont let much in their own net. tieless, lossless, WTF?:confused:?

Answers welcome from anyone who knows whats what. on the topic.:confused:

They are young,fast and organized. They will do well in Div.1 next year. We have a couple of fast guys on our team and but they have a team of fast guys. I mean fast. Sometimes they try and be to fancy and it messes with them. There sweeper(#16) is good in the air and on the ball. I have not seen you guys play but from the competition in your division it doesn't match what these guys have. WRU and Titans are mid level Div 2 teams and Guildford is a team that never gain promotion it was handed to them. Also the Nomads are good but they can even say they're not the same team as last year. Coyotes A are not a strong team as well. You also have so called the worst team in Div.2 in your division in Columbia Bear cats. Oh and I forgot SFC Caps, because they are no good.

But come cup time you will see how you match against other divisions. Last year we were branded the "weak division"(Div.2A) but we knocked off a ton of teams and had a couple in the semi's.How it was WRU and The Titans boggles the mind still. but they were there.

Also you guys will be playing them next year so have fun.

WestCoast...What??? whens cup because this season is shot.

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM LIONS vs North COQ. Sunday
Four reds ,four yellows, line brawl or wtf ? thought we would have heard something on it ?

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure if you looked back at what we posted last year it was team and footy related though :rolleyes:

Probably for the most part. But there were a ton of Nomads posts last year. and they were mostly in the Div.2 banter when you guys were Div.3. But it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. No one hurt yet.

We need some more shite talk. Miss that from last year, oh yeah it came from me because we were good. So much for that.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the Pomo Div 2 team play and the Div 1 team play...seemed like a lot of the same guys. Do any Pomo guys post on here? Did you guys sign 11 to your div 1 and everyone else to Div 2? From what I've seen of the Pomo div 2 team they wont have a problem winning the cup.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the Pomo Div 2 team play and the Div 1 team play...seemed like a lot of the same guys. Do any Pomo guys post on here? Did you guys sign 11 to your div 1 and everyone else to Div 2? From what I've seen of the Pomo div 2 team they wont have a problem winning the cup.

11 guys signed to div 1 --7 call-ups

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah but there Div.1 team will be moving up to Premier and so they will continue with what works. They don't have any shitty players from what I see and they always have a full squad sometimes 20 guys.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha, ha, yeah like 8/10 ten posts are from the 'yotes on that/this page....:rolleyes:......

fCK you had a good game on sunday hey?..(midas touch).. you kept your team in it all game, and (from my position on the back line) didnt lose your optomisim much if at all:). Looking back at who we had playing and where they were playing, it could have gone way differently, you guys deserve another chance, much better than the last time we met, hopefully we see you in cup!

CHEERS!:)

lol, ya I tried but only so much I could do. stopped one breakaway in the 1st half, let in 2 in the 2nd and that was the difference. almost had that 2nd goal too! guessed right but just went under my arm! so devestated! but like u said it was a great game all around and could have gone either way....could have been 5-5 really with all the breakaways missed and posts hit

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah but there Div.1 team will be moving up to Premier and so they will continue with what works. They don't have any shitty players from what I see and they always have a full squad sometimes 20 guys.

So most of their players are signed to div 1? or its the other way around?
They show up 20 deep every game? :confused: That is some serious orginizational/managment skills.:eek:

About our division being the softest(different post from WC): if you look at the power rankings, the latest anyway, (which dont mean a whole lot) there are four 2a teams in the top ten, more than c or b has, in fact the only team there from c are the gunners, thats it, 1 c team in the whole top ten, power rankings.

Heh, I'm not that stupid I did notice,........ 2a also has the most teams in the bottom ten besides c which has four in the bottom ten as well.:rolleyes:

So fair to say our div is the best and the worst in all of div 2. Bearcats and titans totally screw us in these standings like the rangers and players screw the gunners. But when you consider c has the worst team in the whole div (rangers), its hard to say really, almost a toss up as to who between a and c is the softest. the best in both a/c are really good, but the worst just suck soooooo much:(.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So most of their players are signed to div 1? or its the other way around?
They show up 20 deep every game? :confused: That is some serious orginizational/managment skills.:eek:

About our division being the softest(different post from WC): if you look at the power rankings, the latest anyway, (which dont mean a whole lot) there are four 2a teams in the top ten, more than c or b has, in fact the only team there from c are the gunners, thats it, 1 c team in the whole top ten, power rankings.

Heh, I'm not that stupid I did notice,........ 2a also has the most teams in the bottom ten besides c which has four in the bottom ten as well.:rolleyes:

So fair to say our div is the best and the worst in all of div 2. Bearcats and titans totally screw us in these standings like the rangers and players screw the gunners. But when you consider c has the worst team in the whole div (rangers), its hard to say really, almost a toss up as to who between a and c is the softest. the best in both a/c are really good, but the worst just suck soooooo much:(.

You'll see by the end of cup, the finals will most likely be played by 2 teams leading their group. If not, it will be 2nd place teams. Unless it's the Titans, they seem to be the only team to make finals after having a crappy season :D

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope we get in their way;).

You wont. Gunners > div.2

This weekend, Div 1 gunners had arguably their biggest game of the year, only 2 players that played sunday (for div. 2) were called up to play div 1. Dont think they were just resting players for the Westcoast game.

Regardless, we have explained the system we use, why we use it, in previous months. if understanding it is over the average div 2 players head, then so be it. Im sure Franchise can explain how sandbagging work again to anyone interested.

Check out the U21 standings, and I am sure you will see some similarities in the program. But I guess they're just sandbagging that division too. :cool:

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You wont. Gunners > div.2

This weekend, Div 1 gunners had arguably their biggest game of the year, only 2 players that played sunday (for div. 2) were called up to play div 1. Dont think they were just resting players for the Westcoast game.

Regardless, we have explained the system we use, why we use it, in previous months. if understanding it is over the average div 2 players head, then so be it. Im sure Franchise can explain how sandbagging work again to anyone interested.

Check out the U21 standings, and I am sure you will see some similarities in the program. But I guess they're just sandbagging that division too. :cool:
you call it a program but it really not that beneficial for your div 2 guys. showing up every weekend and winning by landslides...they've become so accustomed to getting a lead and screwing around....what happens when they get a challenge and actually need to struggle...maybe we'll find out this weekend when you guys play stolo but they're not really a challenge, they're very beatable as you already know. regarding the u-21's there's another port moody team there too but obviously they're not a part of your club. how come you guys didn't decide on letting the u21 division having only one port moody team like you decided with division 1?

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the right forum for this, the 2nd U-21 team is part of our club. We had a lot of kids coming up from youth wanting to play, and lets face it div 3 is no good for anyone's development. Our coach didn't want to see them have no where to play, so we put in another u-21 team. They're not a bad bunch, the U-21 league is alot stronger than in previous years, and seems to be turning into a half decent transition league to mens soccer (as long as you can skip div 3)

Your half right, maybe playing div 2 isn't the ideal place for the gunners that are there, and our over-confidence is starting to show, we've gone from blow outs, to allowing goals, to now getting scored on first before we turn the game around, and this is the only reason we might not win the cup, but I'm betting on this not happening, once we start playing for something meaningful again (this weekend for example) I'm sure we'll see a better attitude. Regardless, if both div 1 and div 2 win promotion, everyone in port moody will be happy. Till then, we'll keep blowing you guys out.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the right forum for this, the 2nd U-21 team is part of our club. We had a lot of kids coming up from youth wanting to play, and lets face it div 3 is no good for anyone's development. Our coach didn't want to see them have no where to play, so we put in another u-21 team. They're not a bad bunch, the U-21 league is alot stronger than in previous years, and seems to be turning into a half decent transition league to mens soccer (as long as you can skip div 3)

Your half right, maybe playing div 2 isn't the ideal place for the gunners that are there, and our over-confidence is starting to show, we've gone from blow outs, to allowing goals, to now getting scored on first before we turn the game around, and this is the only reason we might not win the cup, but I'm betting on this not happening, once we start playing for something meaningful again (this weekend for example) I'm sure we'll see a better attitude. Regardless, if both div 1 and div 2 win promotion, everyone in port moody will be happy. Till then, we'll keep blowing you guys out.
fair enough...good luck this weekend, obviously don't need it but you know...;)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are you saying we were the first team to score on you guys first????

That would be something to take out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0