Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & Banter Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mariners Gunners friday night showdown has been taken off the schedule for this coming weekend... any idea why?

cant say the gunners were complaining seeing abby was playing the 2nd and 3rd place teams in one weekend

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir Shagalot said:
I cant believe you ****s are having a whine about cheap shots, and late tackles... You guys have had the cheap **** Mongo running around all year hacking anything in sight... It's not as if your team are a bunch of saints like TWU and Columbia, who apologize just about every time they land a hard or late tackle... Sure, our player retaliated, but only after the little **** on your team threw an elbow to his face, and this occured well behind the play... Your player should thank his lucky stars that our guy calmed down as he's got about 15 years of mixed martial arts training and could of done some serious damage if cooler heads hadnt prevailed...

I agree the ref was sub par... Splitting image of Gordie Howe though...

not sure what mongo means, hope it aint a racist comment though. and yes, a cooler head prevailed; as in his when he realized his cheap shot hadnt done any damage and he was in danger of being sh*t kicked so he decided he didnt wanna get hurt. and im not sure what a splitting image is, but am i to assume it has something to do with taking one image and making two images? keep me posted on that one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mongo = retard.

Royal...don't start talking tough on behalf of your team. You guys are right up there w/ Columbia and TWU as being the softest in the division.

"That guy almost took my head off ref!":D

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Mongo = retard.

Royal...don't start talking tough on behalf of your team. You guys are right up there w/ Columbia and TWU as being the softest in the division.

"That guy almost took my head off ref!":D

ah, thank you for the definition of mongo, though he probably used it wrong. he probably meant our player was an enthusiastic tackler; though how he would know this, not having played him, is strange.

as for talking tough, not doing anything of the kind, just saying that the one guy was not at all interested when his sucker punch did no damage. as for being soft, all i hear about is how hard we go in, cheap we are, etc. not quite sure what the quote is from, but i too would complain if a guy almost took my head off:p .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, goes back to our uninspiring tie a few weeks back.

Our midfielder, Gus, goes in aggressively for header against one of your guys- the soft I-tie looking guy in the middle. Gus wins the header with a bit of an elbow to the guys ear...you know, to complete the transaction.

The guy goes off on a complete tirade..."REF! WHAT THE FCUK! THAT GUY NEARLY TOOK MY FCUKING HEAD OFF!!!"

As the kid is getting his caution for abusive language, Chuck calls Gus over:

"Hey Gus, you almost took that guy's head off."

Gus: "What?"

Chuck: "That guy over there, he says you almost took his head off."

Gus: "Really? Oh my God!"

Gus walks over to the nearly headless midfielder, "I'm sorry buddy, I didn't know I almost took your head off..."

He says this with 100% conviction and sincerity, and extends to shake the guy's hand...who is dazed and confused, and sheepishly accepts Gus' "apology".

:D

It was pisstaking 101 at it's finest.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Z,

Are the Geegers making an appearance tonight @ NAP?

Interested parties want to know! :eek:

-Bollocks

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desptie being a perfect oppurtunity to do such (since I will watching the game, again)....I will have to get back to you on that one.

Geegersforlife

Z

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my bad,

it finished 4-1 with a late Lions PK scored by some 60 year old coach....they were missing a bunch of players.

Sunday!
Looking forward to playing again...:wa:

Ace

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we finally got to play the Mariners. We tied 1-1 and I have to say they are worth the hype. I don't think i've seen a team with that much skill on the ball in a while. That being said, I can't help but be a bit dissapointed as we lead for the whole game until about 7 minutes to go when they got one off a corner. Good luck to you guys in your upcoming games..... Premier will definately suit you.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC DYNAMO 1 - SFC RANGERS 0

We scored early in the 1st.. Held the lead for the balance.

I was happy with our effort. The Rangers seemd a little tired and bitchy...after all it was their second game this weekend.

#7 (Zaurinni?) went down early in the box with an ankle/leg injury but despite what they might have to say, it was incidental contact...I doubt he saw our defender coming. He was obviously missed in the center. PS: We have video if you want a replay.

We had many "geegers" as I believe the Rangers call them after the match and carried on at the pub till now. Just enough time to change and return to the pub for more "geegers" and the Canucks PPV game.

Later.

PS: The beluga bar is shite.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
LUFC DYNAMO 1 - SFC RANGERS 0

We scored early in the 1st.. Held the lead for the balance.

I was happy with our effort. The Rangers seemd a little tired and bitchy...after all it was their second game this weekend.

#7 (Zaurinni?) went down early in the box with an ankle/leg injury but despite what they might have to say, it was incidental contact...I doubt he saw our defender coming. He was obviously missed in the center. PS: We have video if you want a replay.

We had many "geegers" as I believe the Rangers call them after the match and carried on at the pub till now. Just enough time to change and return to the pub for more "geegers" and the Canucks PPV game.

Later.

PS: The beluga bar is shite.
sub, gotta get this in before i go get jonny browned......but u honestly say our team was bitchy. F. that, you team was a bunch of GOOFS..........thats right.........GOOFS. The comments and shite that was said during the game.......and especially from the sidelines put a sour taste in our mouths for a while. For the record, we sucked and lost but that is not our complaint. Its the shiiit your team said from the start that got us pissy.
I have never been called a fag before....nice one by 19...real original...tell him to learn the off side rule before he bitches. 3.....class act by the way when your goalie hit our player...I believe the comment was ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE DID HIM....nice, check your video for that. The play was clean, but fu..ck that guy. How about the submarine late in the game that everyone called a dive. how does a guy trying to head a ball and jumps at full speed get tossed by some guy who bends over and hits him with his hip.
Your team showed no class today at all....
Good on you for the win, but your team acted like a bunch of 5 year olds that had nothing witty to say.
enjoy your win
GOOFS.....not u...the rest of the team./
for the record....a mid fibular shaft fracture does not happen unless contact is made. Update Z's condition when i hear it.....tomorrow.
we sucked ass

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Really? The name just screams cute waitresses.

:rolleyes:

To be fair they are 4 for 6 for cute waitresses.

I forgot to mention one of the funny post-game highlights...

Hobo# 1 arrives post game looking for empties. He dives into the trash can beside our parking lot drinking area and I feel badly and offer him up the dozen or so in the back of my truck. Then Hobo #2 arrives, sees the free-for-all in the back of my truck and dives right in, helping himself while we watch (without permission I might add). Hobo #1 then tells him off, and waits around for an hour grabbing each empty as fast as we can drink them. While hobo #2 works the periferal area, sneaking in to grab the odd one missed by hobo #1.

It was like frikken bum fights if anyone remembers the ill fated show filmed by some jackass wanna-bes.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
sub, gotta get this in before i go get jonny browned......but u honestly say our team was bitchy. F. that, you team was a bunch of GOOFS

1st off I will apologize if anything was said in poor taste, not our style EVER but I didn't hear it.

? Wow. I appreciate the fact that you kept me out of your tirade but get real. Bitchy? Yeah you were, thatsa ok, it was not really a critizism. Goofs? Don't lump everyone into the same category as one or two guys that were battling hard with a couple of your mates.

There is a reason we go year after year winning the lady bing trophy. "goofing" and hacking are not one of them.

#19? Tyler Pahlke? a 19 year old that would not have your worldly experience so yeah, a grade 8 comment? Not far off...lol. The only battle I remember him having was with some guy that was gooning late in the game. Good on him at 160 lbs for not backing down from that mid 30's guy weighing in at about 2 flats more.

Sidelines? Must have missed it dude cause anyone that knows me knows I do not tolerate a whole lot of that from my guys. We only had 3 subs and the only thing I kept hearing was "Put me on coach!"

Fracture? Yeah I heard, I was there after the game and I am sorry anyone got hurt, but seriously, I will post the video... You will apologize for implying anything other than freak accident. Martin agreed.

Goalie? So the play was clean? Then whats your complaint? My goalie is a xcience user and fit, he wins most battles. As far any post asskicking comments I didn't hear them, but am sorry if that was said, though it would make no sense since previous to that attack on goal there had been no other so what the "It's about time" thing relates to I have no idea. Maybe he meant its about time they had a shot?

I guess after years of reading the D1 forum and gaining a ton of respect for the Rangers and their achievements, and props from many sources in Langley that said good things about your squad the last thing I expected was what we saw today.

Honestly? I'd be pissed too if we didn't show up like you guys didn't today, but i don't know if I would call out our opponents for being "goofs".

You lost, you were frustrated and I understand why you'd be upset. Get on with it and to please you, I will remind my guys to Be "witty" while being "goofs".

Seriously man, if we showed no class at least do yourself a favour and show some yourself.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have played against Sub and the boys for probably about 4 years now, and I have never seen anything that comes close to matching the coments posted by the Rangers. Not calling you liars but I suspect that some minor bitching went on but nothing of the dirty sort.

LUFC Dynamo for the 2007 Lady Byng !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0