Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & Banter Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks said:
PAU goalie stood on his head ... and they finished their only real two chances. First one in the first half off a deflection ... second half they scored on the counter while we were gambling on a corner.

First team to get 2 goals on us in a game. :eek:
wait what shot deflected the first goal was not deflected by anyplayer?/
soo many injuries and people away was tough with 11 guys out there threw jersey on backup goalie and he gave us few shifts upfront

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
predator said:
soo many injuries and people away was tough with 11 guys out there threw jersey on backup goalie and he gave us few shifts upfront
ditto for us, except we had a few call ups...i mean call downs and we lost. I think at this time of year everyone has injuries...we just lost due to lack of heart.
BTW, the shot went off our stopper and changed directions enough to go off the inside of the post. Our goalie was pissed as he had the original angle/shot:mad: .

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 1 Aldergrove 3. well, once again we got on the good side of the ref right away :rolleyes: . i think we managed only 6 yellows and 1 red :confused: . aldergrove was up 2 - nil at half, stayed that way until about the 85' when we made it close. then, 30 seconds later they scored off a corner; and by that i mean the guy scored with his corner kick :( . kinda dissapointing, and the last 4 min or so were just the motions as it was over.

oh yeah, i took it in the nads in the first half. voice actually rose an octave like in the cartoons and movies :eek: . it hurt.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Athletic 4-GEU 2

Langley potted 3 in the first half, taking full advantage of geu's terrible play. IMO I haven't seen nor played in a worse first half in my life. We could not get passes going, shots on target and just couldn't put anything together. We came alive late in the second half potting one on a great single effort from our left mid. Langley came back up with a weak goal on our behalf, but they played hard and simply out worked us. We picked it up with about 20 to go but it was to little to late and we fell short.:(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade,

All due respect, wasn't even close.

One goal called offside late in 2nd, where your right back kept us on.

2nd half, we simply weren't interested. We were pissed after for the summer league approach to the game we took.

It is absolutely shocking on our part that we allowed you to score twice. Shocking, terrible give away on one, shocking, terrible greedy play on the part of our striker on the 2nd.

Whatever. 3 points carrying on in what is now a meaningless season.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That being said, how was the reffing?

:rolleyes:

Dude:
Your summer league approach seems to work though.
Tainted victories, but victories none the less yeah?

:D

Bagofdicksforever

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Cascade,

All due respect, wasn't even close.

One goal called offside late in 2nd, where your right back kept us on.

2nd half, we simply weren't interested. We were pissed after for the summer league approach to the game we took.

It is absolutely shocking on our part that we allowed you to score twice. Shocking, terrible give away on one, shocking, terrible greedy play on the part of our striker on the 2nd.

Whatever. 3 points carrying on in what is now a meaningless season.

There was no questioning you guys deserved the win, and even if you were offside, (I couldn't tell from where I was standing), im sure you would have potted one of the 7 or 8 breakaways, that were called "offside" I just wished we gave a summer league approach, I don't think a telethon would have helped us today:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Kev, sorry I didn't come over. Was still pissed at our 3/4 retarded forward for coughing up the ball. It's one thing for Utah to give one away- the guy rarely gives up possession in any situation- but this guy has yet to learn that when defending a lead, one striker can not try to turn and take on three defenders. It's a recurring dream going on 21 years now. Needs to lay the ball off to wings to maintain control. But, as it were, ball coughed up, both flanks and midfields all caught up trying to support the half wit, ball ends up back of our net.

He really fcuked my plus minus on the day.

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mariners 2 Rangers 1.

Good game... probably not a great one to watch though.
Both teams missing a couple players.
We went 1-0 up (bit lucky!!) Cross turned shot was looping, GK was backing up tripped while back tracking bounced off him and in:eek:
We missed 3 or 4 more chances in the first half.

They came out looking alot better in the 2nd half. They also then missed a couple good chances.

With 10 to go we went 2-0 up. With in minutes they then hit they bar and missed another couple good chances.

They then scored with 2 or 3 minutes to go and we managed to hold on.
For sure a game that could have gone either way!!!

Now 2 huge games for us next weekend with Gunners Friday night at home and Aldergrove on Sunday. Get two good results and that should be the promotion all wrapped up!!!

Long Ball

Oct 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raiders over North Delta 6-0.

Nice to finally play a game where you actually know the name of all the players on your team. Even though it was 6-0 our Keeper played outstanding like he has all year and earned a much deserved shutout.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, we actually WON a game. Royals 2 Sporting FC 1. Went up 2-nil to end the first half, held them off for only 1 goal for the last 45 minutes. boring game, though 1 of their players punched one of ours in the back of the head when the ref wasnt looking. what a cheap little shi*t he is. of course he wouldnt do sh*t when the guy turned around, what else could you expect? oh, and the ref was bad. not only on that play (where you cant really blame him cause he doesnt have eyes in the back of his head) but he was way too old. first time, and hopefully last, that we have had him this year, though we have had him before. he blew many calls, and just made others up for both teams. well, hopefully we can get another one this weekend.

Sir Shagalot

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal14 said:
well, we actually WON a game. Royals 2 Sporting FC 1. Went up 2-nil to end the first half, held them off for only 1 goal for the last 45 minutes. boring game, though 1 of their players punched one of ours in the back of the head when the ref wasnt looking. what a cheap little shi*t he is. of course he wouldnt do sh*t when the guy turned around, what else could you expect? oh, and the ref was bad. not only on that play (where you cant really blame him cause he doesnt have eyes in the back of his head) but he was way too old. first time, and hopefully last, that we have had him this year, though we have had him before. he blew many calls, and just made others up for both teams. well, hopefully we can get another one this weekend.

I cant believe you ****s are having a whine about cheap shots, and late tackles... You guys have had the cheap **** Mongo running around all year hacking anything in sight... It's not as if your team are a bunch of saints like TWU and Columbia, who apologize just about every time they land a hard or late tackle... Sure, our player retaliated, but only after the little **** on your team threw an elbow to his face, and this occured well behind the play... Your player should thank his lucky stars that our guy calmed down as he's got about 15 years of mixed martial arts training and could of done some serious damage if cooler heads hadnt prevailed...

I agree the ref was sub par... Splitting image of Gordie Howe though...

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/2 PINT said:
Mariners 2 Rangers 1.

Now 2 huge games for us next weekend with Gunners Friday night at home and Aldergrove on Sunday. Get two good results and that should be the promotion all wrapped up!!!

Thanks for putting the pressure on us sean, you feckin wanker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts