Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Div 1] Pre Season & Sept '08 Results and Banter

with the bks this yr ... and ya its a seriously better time...the liquor strore is still open when the final whistle blows... you can't really compare the two

Cheers to that!! best of luck this year, look forward to watching you guys on opposite weeks;)

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

seriously better time...the liquor strore is still open

novel idea, buy it before.....You have all day. waiting....for a 8 pm game on a saturday. Nice debate, I can now see how a 9 pm friday night game is a shiiit time.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

For those wondering about the Royals, after some reshuffling of the VMSL, the TSA Royals just appeared in VMSL Div 3

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

For those wondering about the Royals, after some reshuffling of the VMSL, the TSA Royals just appeared in VMSL Div 3

damn. sick of playing house league? :rolleyes:

Less travel I supose.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

As someone who played in the FVSL and then went to the vmsl there is way less travel.
Fields generally are not as good but the travel considerations are huge. The farthest we travel is North/ West van if we have one of those teams on our schedule.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

yeah no doubt.

TWA to Abby or Mission is worse than to North Van.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

yeah no doubt.

TWA to Abby or Mission is worse than to North Van.

It really is. Hwy 10 is a bitch to travel on and it is like 35 minutes to get to hwy 1 by langley from Tsawwassen. Especially if it is 10am out there like we used to play. We were meeting at like 815am to arrange rides and More importantly to get enough mcdonalds to feel a bit like a human by game time.:D

I havent played in a league game before noon since joining the vmsl.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

They were a shitty team and shitty club that didn't offer much anyhow. One of the "silver platter" promotion teams from a couple years back, so this is a step in the right direction.

Another step would have been sticking to the relegation policy, and reducing the number of teams. Oh well.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tsawassen got free promotion twice once from div3 to 2 and again up to Div1. I always liked playing them good hard fought games.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

To make the league stronger, we need 10 div. 1 squads, not 20. We need to move towards that direction.

Lost opportunity.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree. 10 div. 1 teams. The bottom half should make up div. 2 and the current div. 2 should be div. 3 and div. 3 should be div. 4. Why water all the leagues down. Why settle for mediocrity.

JTL

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

me..we're going to get run over. We have about 8 at practice and 3 important starters not at the game. We should have it least 3 pairs of bitch tits on the pitch chasing shadows. I can't see us cracking top 5 this season.

i agree with this man..lack of heart from the boys so far this year. wont be able to duplicate last year by any means. pm will be a good squad young and fast. as this game will be many guys first taste of soccer this year i predict that we are in trouble.....out...

ps..im in for the game bulljive got it all worked out

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Word from last night the first Friday night lights at Newton is not to be. 2nd turf not ready yet so our game vs. Dewdney United will be moved to Sunday at 2 on the worst grass pitch I've played on in years. Awesome.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

And for exhibition results, we played Real Richmond from the RRSL to a 3-3 draw last night. 3-0 for them after 60 minutes, our goalie finally shows up and we score 3 to tie it up. Would rather play all games on turf, seeing as we're night and day compared to grass. 2 of their goals were gifts based on having a centre back and then a striker in net. Would be nice to get a game in where everyone can play their proper positions before the season starts.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Word from last night the first Friday night lights at Newton is not to be. 2nd turf not ready yet so our game vs. Dewdney United will be moved to Sunday at 2 on the worst grass pitch I've played on in years. Awesome.

It's on the FVSL site now, and it's actually NAP #5, which is a substantially better pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0