Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter November & December 2010

Agreed 2B is a great race four teams in the hunt. it's going to be interesting to see what teams drop points to teams they may have beat in the first half and see what teams focus and play hard with theyre team showing up week in week out. it's harder then most think. I think Aldergrove have a good group of guys, they will give most teams fits and they'll stayed focused.Nomad have the best striker in the Div if he's not playing Hockey and shows up. The Knights have a core of guys that played Prem/Div1 and won't Play Div3 so they have to win the league or this team might not be around next year IMO. Don't know much about the fourth team. but four teams it's going to come down to the last of the yaer IMO.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The other thing to remember is this whole D2/D3 thing will work itself out, it always does... every year there is a debate about teams that either got gifted moves up or asked for promotions... that team Guildford Marga (if they're even around next year) would get shite pumped by every team in Div 2B... and they're in D1 FFS...

7 games played, 0 wins, 0 draws, 7 losses, 3 goals for 27 against... BRUTAL.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

The other thing to remember is this whole D2/D3 thing will work itself out, it always does... every year there is a debate about teams that either got gifted moves up or asked for promotions... that team Guildford Marga (if they're even around next year) would get shite pumped by every team in Div 2B... and they're in D1 FFS...

7 games played, 0 wins, 0 draws, 7 losses, 3 goals for 27 against... BRUTAL.

you don't actually think they'd get "shite pumped" by EVERY team in 2b ? there are some teams that can beat them and probably some that will lose to them. but i wouldn't say shite pumped by every team in your division. its anyones game on anyday. would any of you have predicted a 1-0 result in favour of div 1 PM gunners(undefeated) v now 7th place BC united in 2b ? i wouldn't think the game would have been that close, on paper things all seem on way but when the games get played its a whole different story. kinda like at the start of the year everyone had you guys picked to run away with 2b after first few weeks and here you guys are fighting for 2nd-3rd spot let alone 1st. honestly i didn't there was a big difference in play from div 2 to div 1 but ask aldergrove guys, cantuzzi can tell you himself, no offense but 2 years ago that aldergrove team went undefeated i think? and then last year did not fair so well and this year they're playing well again. but on topic regarding to the marga team i remember talking to one of their players in our game earlier this year and they said they asked for a div 1 spot knowing bottom 6 teams go down to div 2 (they were pretty sure they weren't gonna finish top 10), so instead of starting lower and having a longer route up they asked to start in div 1 and play the slow, painful way down.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

OK, to clarify for JBN, they would get shite pumped by the top 4 teams, beaten by the next four, and probably win against the bottom 2. I have seen them play and they are awful. Very, very awful.

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

you don't actually think they'd get "shite pumped" by EVERY team in 2b ? there are some teams that can beat them and probably some that will lose to them. but i wouldn't say shite pumped by every team in your division. its anyones game on anyday. would any of you have predicted a 1-0 result in favour of div 1 PM gunners(undefeated) v now 7th place BC united in 2b ? i wouldn't think the game would have been that close, on paper things all seem on way but when the games get played its a whole different story. kinda like at the start of the year everyone had you guys picked to run away with 2b after first few weeks and here you guys are fighting for 2nd-3rd spot let alone 1st. honestly i didn't there was a big difference in play from div 2 to div 1 but ask aldergrove guys, cantuzzi can tell you himself, no offense but 2 years ago that aldergrove team went undefeated i think? and then last year did not fair so well and this year they're playing well again. but on topic regarding to the marga team i remember talking to one of their players in our game earlier this year and they said they asked for a div 1 spot knowing bottom 6 teams go down to div 2 (they were pretty sure they weren't gonna finish top 10), so instead of starting lower and having a longer route up they asked to start in div 1 and play the slow, painful way down.

well that was exhausting, thanks for clearing that up for JBN. I know your all in a huffy cause they account for 50% of your W's this year.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

well that was exhausting, thanks for clearing that up for JBN. I know your all in a huffy cause they account for 50% of your W's this year.

yes, thats in league play. we are still in the bradner cup...we play tonight? who do you play this round ? :rolleyes: ...and if aldergrove beats you this weekend you too will have only won 50% of (league) games played this year :)

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

yes, thats in league play. we are still in the bradner cup...we play tonight? who do you play this round ? :rolleyes: ...and if aldergrove beats you this weekend you too will have only won 50% of (league) games played this year :)

I guess you dont get what my point was so lets try again. you have 2 wins this year (in league) with 1 of them being against the highly touted Marga team. Nothing to write home about would you agree? And IF we lose on sunday, which is possible as aldergrove are a proven team, we will still have a chance to take the division. However, it's pretty obvious you are bottom feeders in div 1 and will be joining the lowlifes in div2, which you might be ok with as you always have so much to say in the div 2 thread. I hope you win tonite, nice to see an underdog cinderella run :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mission 2-0 Celtic

Good game tonight out at Mission Athletic Park. very even through 35 then Mission scores a cracker off a corner cleared by us and GT5 ( I think) cracks a beauty from 30 yards into the far corner. 1-0 at half. It stayed tight until about the 65th minute when Mission scored another highlight reel, 30 yard laser off the crossbar and in. We had our chances and played well for about 60-65 then mission had us in the last 25-30 minutes no question. We had our chances tonight but didnt finish them. Good game tonight and you can't be upset when you lose with goals like that. Onto the Royals next week.

kaspro

Mar 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

can't judge a team on one game, is what im saying, the way we played saturday against you we didnt deserve to be in div 2 or div 3, just shocking. Will be a different team when we see you next, I can gaurantee it won't be another drubbing.

Couldn't be more true, You guys defended better than any team we've played so far. Forwards had no time on the ball, tight marking and physical. Do us a favour and take some points off of Inter would ya.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mission plays very nice system and its very hard to defend against for sure. It was all Celtic in the beginning as we had boat load of chances. After GT5 hit that nice strike from 30 yards out it took the wind out of our sail..... Second half we switched the system we were playing and we look alright until 13 hit that missle from 30 yards out which sent us packing....Good game for sure. Good luck the rest of the way Mission!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nomads 5-4 aldy

This game was nuts. Back and forth, too many chances, lots of mistakes. Grass field was hard to play on today with ppl falling all ovee the place. Awesome game to watch I'm sure, but frustrating to be a part of.

Great guys on aldy. Was fun to play against them and never gave up. Kept pushing till the end. We will take the 3 points and move on to bc united next week

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 5-4 aldy

This game was nuts. Back and forth, too many chances, lots of mistakes. Grass field was hard to play on today with ppl falling all ovee the place. Awesome game to watch I'm sure, but frustrating to be a part of.

Great guys on aldy. Was fun to play against them and never gave up. Kept pushing till the end. We will take the 3 points and move on to bc united next week

Does that pretty much throw aldy out of contention now?

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No, not really. They have a few games in hand as well. They will be 4th after this weekend, with still two games in hand i believe? They will need to beat Trinity and GEU knights to have a chance

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trinity had their lunch handed to them 7-0. Mikey, you played them on Sunday right? :D Sets up a HUGE game this Saturday against BC United. Both teams are going to be very prepared, should be a great battle.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah played last night, could have been more than 7, finally we're firing on all cylinders (and subs turning up), should be a cracker next weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0