Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter November & December 2010

Our game vs Aldergrove was one of the weirdest games I've ever been a part of.

We are all over them in the first half, it honestly could have been 5 or 6 -1 at the half... but their keeper (Who isn't their regular guy) makes a couple of nice stops including one circus stop, we hit a few crossbars and posts and miss a sitter, and it's tight at the half...

Anyways, they came out a different team in the second half and we kept going up by two and they keep closing the gap...3-1, 3-2, 4-2, 4-3... two of their goals are by turnovers from bad passes by our centrebacks, then they get a nice little corner kick flick on goal. They kept coming, all credit to them. Then they have a chance to tie it up with about 15 left in the game, a total sitter that went out for a goal kick... then we get a nice header from Turnbo to make it 5-3. Then the bastids score again, this time on a dodgy PK call where one of our guys flattens one of their guys in our box on a corner kick, the Aldergrove guy runs straight into Doyles elbow as he is trying to get out of the way of IS_21 getting mugged... Ref says "You flattened him wth that Elbow- PK!" But no card ...hmmmm...

anyways Aldergrove guys are a good bunch, nothing dirty or malicious, and that field is in pretty good shape, the rain made for a very sloppy game though.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

They have a habit of playing like that, we had the same problem with them on their field.

Felt like we were on top but they just kept coming back, they never stop, and their forwards know how to finish that's for sure. This div is much tighter than I thought it would be at the start, an interesting few weeks ahead, we have you then Alder again, then GEU Knights first game back Jan, that's when league positions will look a bit more realistic.

Great bunch of guys at Aldergrove too, didn't moan about our clumsy challenges and hit us with a few tough tackles too.

P.S. If anyone in 2B wants to see an up-to-date league table (with correct positions/goal diff etc..) look on our website.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

KH, absolutely LOVE playing on grass, even as sloppy as it makes the game sometimes.

Mikey, you guys have a website with standings? Link? Also, unfortunately for you I've been purposely not scoring all year so I can pot a bunch on Saturday, to make up for my goaltending in our first match :)

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Absolutely LOVE playing on grass, even as sloppy as it makes the game sometimes.

Mikey, you guys have a website with standings? Link? Also, unfortunately for you I've been purposely not scoring all year so I can pot a bunch on Saturday, to make up for my goaltending in our first match :)

You were an excellent goalkeeper though, was kinda hoping to make up for that lame chip too haha

Well sounds like it should be a tight game with you and that Carnie up top :D

Link

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agreed with the Nomads crew... It was a weird but entertaining game yesterday.

First half it did look like we were on our heels a bit and you guys went up 2-0 very quickly (second goal was ridiculously offside) but as soon as we potted one it seemed like we picked it up a notched and turned the match into a game instead of one way traffic.

Second half was probably one of the best half of the year (not for skill but for fun) it was like hockey in the 80's back and forth chances going both ways. Definitely had a chance to tie the game up but it was not to be... as for the PK from my angle it looked like the guy was trying to hold our guy back, not a on purpose elbow, but there was blood trickling down.

Overall I was proud of the boys yesterday definitely did not let up, and our young guy found out what it was like to play an experience well organized team and they responded very well. Nate thanks again for stepping up and playing solid between the pipes!

The season is not over... we no longer control our own destiny... but the way this division has gone this year we still got a chance!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, all the top 5 teams still have a shot. Ppl have counted out bc united, but they have 3 games in hand and still hold their own destiny as well. They are in the exact same boat as us, just with one less game played...win all your games and beat geu and u got the div. So next weeks match vs bc untied is huge for both clubs. We cannot even afford a tie, so it should be one of the games of the year for sure in div.2! Pumped!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just took a look through the BC United updated standings, and if we win the rest of our games we win the group. Sweet. 10 game winstreak here we come!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Didn't I just say that in my last post? Read before you type! Same deal with bc united, that's why this weekends game is massive

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maybe, but I tend to have a short term memory and probably forgot you wrote that. I think.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's always Sunny in South Surrey :p

No way man. This time it is from the man himself. He is getting his snow tires on Wednesday. I think you know where he lives.:D

Attachments

• btp_markforecast.jpg
    btp_markforecast.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 335

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just looked at the weather network, sun and clouds on Saturday. We're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0