Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter and Results March 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I think the rules are the same. Head to head first. Which for you 2 is tied. Then goals for and against each other which again is tied (only difference being in some leagues they might count away goals as more but not in the FVSL). So a playoff it is if they draw and you win. Simple really.

Batman14

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is not that we added players it is just our attitude and we where not all drinking the night before lol playing sobber helps lol

Soccer_player

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the fraservalley constitutions web page for declaring division winners :

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
didnt feel like starting a new thread but anyways.....
surrey vs mission 2mora night in surrey could be 2C decider, a tie or a win for surrey will see them crowned champs and as for us, a 1-0 win will be enough to go to goals for and against which favours us. In the case of us winning also means we can go and lose in one of our other remaining fixtures.
so what do people think will happen?

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the case of us winning also means we can go and lose in one of our other remaining fixtures.
so what do people think will happen?
will u be able to make up all 3 other games? that's alot!:eek: tho' i predict coyotes with the win, just to make those games moot...and based on fvsl rules as soccerplayer above quoted, you'd need to win 2-0 or win all 3 of yer other games...coyotes beat u 1-0 first go around.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the fraservalley constitutions web page for declaring division winners :

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

so if we win 1-0 that would mean our records are tied so that would mean we would go to goals for and against which we have allowed way less goals

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
so if we win 1-0 that would mean our records are tied so that would mean we would go to goals for and against which we have allowed way less goals

Nope, you would play them in a playoff. It's GF and GA in the 2 games you played each other. Happened to us last year, we won 2-0 and lost 3-1, they had way more GF but we played them in a playoff. With all those games you have left hopefully they don't make you play the night before the final again. I can see you guys beating Surrey, I don't think they've played in a while but jimmy_jones would know better.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh thats how it works, pretty dumb but thanks for clearing that up and i hope we dont play the night before the final or we'll get rocked we play on sat night to so then we only got 2 more league games after that im sure we can squeeze them in sumwere

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happened to the westcoast boys...

im disappointed to see the slip up in the standings..

was it too much beer/smoking?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh thats how it works, pretty dumb but thanks for clearing that up and i hope we dont play the night before the final or we'll get rocked we play on sat night to so then we only got 2 more league games after that im sure we can squeeze them in sumwere

I think FVSL field times end in March so you may have a Tues-Thurs games for the week before. Good practice at least. Or maybe they'll do one durign the week and back-to-backs so you'll play Sunday. I'd rather play you guys fully fit than have you play the night before, just so there's no excuses :D

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, you would play them in a playoff. It's GF and GA in the 2 games you played each other. Happened to us last year, we won 2-0 and lost 3-1, they had way more GF but we played them in a playoff. With all those games you have left hopefully they don't make you play the night before the final again. I can see you guys beating Surrey, I don't think they've played in a while but jimmy_jones would know better.
we haven't played a league game in a while but we've been practicing twice a week and playing exhibition games on the weekend...tomorrow night shall be one hell of a match...stal you should come watch..maybe you can learn a thing or two :cool: ;)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think FVSL field times end in March so you may have a Tues-Thurs games for the week before. Good practice at least. Or maybe they'll do one durign the week and back-to-backs so you'll play Sunday. I'd rather play you guys fully fit than have you play the night before, just so there's no excuses :D

oh yah without a doubt i doubt that we will play the night before tho but the day after is a possibillity

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happened to the westcoast boys...

im disappointed to see the slip up in the standings..

was it too much beer/smoking?

Pretty much. Played one last game against Wheelhouse Caps, didn't try to hard and had a couple of suspensions(including me). So we slipped to third it's okay another year in best division in the FVSL. If Clones tie or win we go to fourth which at this point doesn't matter.

WestCoast...What??? see everyone at the finals.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
we haven't played a league game in a while but we've been practicing twice a week and playing exhibition games on the weekend...tomorrow night shall be one hell of a match...stal you should come watch..maybe you can learn a thing or two :cool: ;)

You playing at Tom Binnie??? if so I'm going to have to check it out. Hang with the crack whores.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would but Canuck's game and off Friday. I believe my coach is coming though, doing a little scouting I guess.....

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So our coach decides to call PoMo Lions coach to see about the agme this weekend, we have some guys that want to go away but will stay if we have a game. The PoMo coach responds by saying, "we have a game this weekend? On the long weekend? I guess I should call my guys to see if we can field a team." Wow, talk about being on the ball :rolleyes:

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, you would play them in a playoff. It's GF and GA in the 2 games you played each other. Happened to us last year, we won 2-0 and lost 3-1, they had way more GF but we played them in a playoff.
we're in the same boat... if we somehow only tie the clones and wr wins, we need to go to a playoff... i think our scores were (PA vs WR) 2-0 and 1-3.

scottish_kiss

Aug 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So our coach decides to call PoMo Lions coach to see about the agme this weekend, we have some guys that want to go away but will stay if we have a game. The PoMo coach responds by saying, "we have a game this weekend? On the long weekend? I guess I should call my guys to see if we can field a team." Wow, talk about being on the ball :rolleyes:
Speaking of that, What going on any news yet?

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
we're in the same boat... if we somehow only tie the clones and wr wins, we need to go to a playoff... i think our scores were (PA vs WR) 2-0 and 1-3.

Don't think you need to worry Rev, we're missing our keeper and 4 of our starters for our game.

In any case I don't see you guys tying at home to the Clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0