Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter and Results March 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in, Whalley is the first team to clinch their place in D1, with PoMo forfeiting early this morning. Objective 1 met, number 2 is on the line next weekend.

Brutal!! No class to forfeit like that with the Rams still in the hunt. POMO should be relegated for that stunt. I am just praying mission doesn't get promoted. To many teams in butt fukc nowhere as it is. Whalley to finish in 12th place place next season.

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in, Whalley is the first team to clinch their place in D1, with PoMo forfeiting early this morning. Objective 1 met, number 2 is on the line next weekend.

Thats Gay, I was praying sooo hard for a double loss from both the Rams and Strikers :p

I think we should have a play-off or a skills competition to determine it :rolleyes:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To many teams in butt fukc nowhere as it is. QUOTE]

Dude you live in butt-**** nowhere and have a cement patch for a pitch.;)

I will take our cement patch over the cow patch that we have to play on out there. ND also looks to be the new locations of 3 school soccer academies. ND senior secondary will most likely be the new location of the White Caps youth acadademy players as soon as september. Also a brand new turf field is opening within the week about 2 minutes from Mackie where they will be training out of during the day. We most likely will be playing out of this new field as well. Beautiful little city we play in over here.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal!! No class to forfeit like that with the Rams still in the hunt. POMO should be relegated for that stunt. I am just praying mission doesn't get promoted. To many teams in butt fukc nowhere as it is. Whalley to finish in 12th place place next season.

Although it is brutal, it's not like it mattered, the outcome would have never been in doubt. We thrashed them 6-0 the first game, and it would have been the same this time. We're not like Langley ;) we don't lose to bottom feeder teams :D I'd also be surprised to see us in 12th. I don't think we'll dominate by any means, but I'd say top half based on what I've seen this year. Any reason you think that? Start of this year everyone said we'd struggle to be top half and we win our group and we're in the Knights Cup final.

PK Howler

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If this is true then that will be the 4th time that the POMO Lions have forfeited a game this year. They show no pride. (sorry) Strikers will now have 2 wins and 6 points this year gained without leaving the comfort of their living rooms in their doublewides.;) POMO Lions should be fined and dropped to Div. 3 or kicked out of the league altogether. The GEU Tigers were fighting off relegation and deserve to stay in Div. 2 over the toothless and spineless POMO Lions.
Stall; we beat your Strikers twice this year (both 1-0 Wins and no they were not forfeits) and I hope you guys go out and win the Cup vs MSN to show that the title race that we had in div.2B was a quality one despite the likes of POMO Lions.
Sad way to decide the title in Div. 2B by giving you guys another 3 points. The league should force them to play with pickups from the U-21 Gunners. :rolleyes::(:(

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If this is true then that will be the 4th time that the POMO Lions have forfeited a game this year. They show no pride. (sorry) Strikers will now have 2 wins and 6 points this year gained without leaving the comfort of their living rooms in their doublewides.;) POMO Lions should be fined and dropped to Div. 3 or kicked out of the league altogether. The GEU Tigers were fighting off relegation and deserve to stay in Div. 2 over the toothless and spineless POMO Lions.
Stall; we beat your Strikers twice this year (both 1-0 Wins and no they were not forfeits) and I hope you guys go out and win the Cup vs MSN to show that the title race that we had in div.2B was a quality one despite the likes of POMO Lions.
Sad way to decide the title in Div. 2B by giving you guys another 3 points. The league should force them to play with pickups from the U-21 Gunners. :rolleyes::(:(

I'm actually surprised they never tried to get pickups. It's definitely a gay way to win the league, but like I said before, we wouldn't have had trouble beating them. It's been good races in every group, especially ours, it's too bad we're all in the same grouping otherwise we could all potentially be going up.

I agree 100% that the Lions should lose there spot in D2, 4 forfeits is ridiculous. I know it's only D2 but completely classless, how can you not be able to field 11 guys, I think our lowest total this year was 15 guys.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone needs to talk to the league. Port Moody Lions should be dropped from the league. Teams wanting to play and making it out to games shouldn't be relegated over teams that forfeit 4 times.

My team doesn't want to be in a division were a team would forfeit. It's different if your in Div.3(new teams, old teams) but not Div. 2.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree 100% to the above post...for two reasons
#1 because it makes sense
#2 because we may be relegated:D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My team doesn't want to be in a division were a team would forfeit. It's different if your in Div.3(new teams, old teams) but not Div. 2.

It shouldn't be different in any Div, forfeits just shouldn't happen, it can't be that hard to find 11 guys a weekend.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree. And even if you can't find 11, fine, play short then. But if you can't even have 8 guys committing on a regular basis, then you had no business having a team in the first place.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats bs they should be relegated, i know shalley would of won but still have some class and actually play, i mean if teams forefit against us then thats unfair because surrey still have a chance, i feel bad for teams that was wishing for a whalley loss, but as is life congrats whalley hopefully play you guys next year aswel as next weekend ;)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It shouldn't be different in any Div, forfeits just shouldn't happen, it can't be that hard to find 11 guys a weekend.

It shouldn't but when you enter the league with a new team you have to go into Div.3. And some guys start a team and think its going to be easy(I know I started my team from stratch.) then they realize those 18-20 guys that commited really aren't and you can't field a team. So its more understandable but still not liked. Port Moody shouldn't have these problems and need to be dealt with.

Girth ,contact the league requesting to stay up in Div.2 and if they say no tell them to read this thread.

WestCoast...What??? happy we'll finally be playing some soccer next weekend. Sorry drunken soccer.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really does suck for us to "win" this way too, we played solid and consistent all year, made the finals for Cup, and all we hear now is how forfeits gave us the league. Same thing last year, but it was even worse for forfeits (I think we had 12 or 15 points from them).

The worst part for us is we're going into finals against Mission who have been on a tear and are playing great, and we'll have not played a game since the semi's. Would have loved to play this weekend, just to get a run in.

the_caged_keeper

Nov 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that Port Moody deserves to be dropped because of these forfeits. It's just not sportsmanlike. Anyway... On a brighter note, Pumas 1, Abby Storm 0 in the last game of the season for us. (Just a warning, this could be an overly positive post :) ) First half opens with some good pressure from the Pumas, good ball movement, decent communication, but not too many chances. The one or two we got were cleared away (although shakily) by their giant stick of a keeper. Our best opportunity before half came on a free kick taken by our central midfielder which just grazed the outside of the post. So, good half overall, with the only blemish being an incident involving our left back getting a yellow card for swiping at their player's head (but this wasn't all bad as it gave me the opportunity to sub into the game for the first time as a non-goalie this year. :-D :-D :-D) Second half starts up with a change of strikers and some good overall pressure. We mounted at least six or seven good attacks, resulting in some missed opportunities at net. About midway through the half we finally broke through on a weird goal. Striker left by himself for what seemed like ages before getting a shot away. Not a hard shot, but it took a deflection off of a defender in front and changed direction enough to get around the keep and in. Striker goes nuts and celebrates like it was the world cup, and is then subbed off the pitch by laughing teammates. Rest of the game goes by mostly uneventfully as our back line plays as strongly as it has all year. End result, a good end to a pretty damned decent year of soccer for everyone involved. Oh, and there's a moral for this story; if you're a keeper who hates playing in net, take your chances and score the game-winning goal in the last game of the season. It feels really good. :-D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
mission 1-0 port moody. definintly one of our worser games of the year, we went in with the attitude that were unbeatable and we was shocked cuase they came out hard and had something to prove but in the end we got the points we needed only another 3 to secure the league now. All i hope is that we don't play like that next saturday or whalley will kill us by at least 5 goals.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 2 - White Rock 2

Had this game been at any other point in the year, I'd be pretty upset, but looking back this was just plain funny. At no point, none, was White Rock in this game. We controlled it the entire time, went up 2-0 in the first half, and could have easily been 3 or 4. With probably 5 minutes left, White Rock gets a free kick at the top of the 18 on a ridiculous call, our keeper makes the save, then with a bunch of feet in his face it squirts out and one of their players was waiting on the goal line where it went right to him. Then last few seconds of the game, we clear a corner out, then a White Rock player wiffs a rainbow from 40 yards that floats in. Game over right after that. Probably two of the worst goals I've seen in a long time, and for div 2 that's saying something.

But anyways, you're welcome Peace Arch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0