Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter and Results March 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed Pomo Lions forfeited this weekend, how gay would it be for Langley and the Rams if we won the league because of a forfeit?

PK Howler

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed Pomo Lions forfeited this weekend, how gay would it be for Langley and the Rams if we won the league because of a forfeit?
That would make your second win of the season by forfeit. Good way to collect points. On the other side I think that would be 4 games this year that POMO would forfeit if they do it for your game as well. They should use some of the POMO U-21 Gunners team. Like a goalie and a goal scorer.:cool:
Stall;:)Good win on the weekend good luck in the Final !!

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that would be 4 games this year that POMO would forfeit if they do it for your game as well. They should use some of the POMO U-21 Gunners team. Like a goalie and a goal scorer.:cool:
Stall;:)Good win on the weekend good luck in the Final !!

How many games can you forfeit without getting kicked out of the league?.
that should be looked into. money fines for the first game i guess. but if you have more than 2 games that means your players are not commited and you have no control over the team... so I guess you should get kicked out and give the spot to some other team who wants to win... thats my thought!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And they tried to forfeit our first game against them as well. The FVSL did take steps to try and stop teams, like the $150 fine which must be paid before playing again, but what if they just decide to not play anymore? It's a home game so maybe they'll show up for that, just hope we get some notice.

PK Howler, as for 2 of our wins being forfeit, how can we blame teams for not wanting to play us? :D It's not our fault.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have said it before, and will say it again...Fine should be $500 for a forfeit, And the subsequent forfeit should be expulsion from the league.

It is Mickey Mouse, inconvenient for everyone else, and just plain wrong. Don't committ to the FVSL period, there are rubbish rec leagues out there you can play in...believe it or not ;) and there is a difference between folding and forfeiting...(which is what they should do)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have said it before, and will say it again...Fine should be $500 for a forfeit, And the subsequent forfeit should be expulsion from the league.

It is Mickey Mouse, inconvenient for everyone else, and just plain wrong. Don't committ to the FVSL period, there are rubbish rec leagues out there you can play in...believe it or not ;) and there is a difference between folding and forfeiting...(which is what they should do)

I agree, although it would be nice this weekend, picked up quite a few injuries in the semi's so a weekend off to heal would be great for us.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
even tho everyone seems to be more interested in cup play right now (congrats IS) i'll update 2a division title race.
PA 4-0 over surrey coyotes, though score not indicative of play. we really had one of our worse games. coyotes started with 7 players and went to 9/10 (not sure which) for most of game. for some reason, we want to just have everyone chase the ball and not play our game... case of "this is going to be easy" slapped in our face.:mad: we finally start some normal play in last 20min of first half and I convert a cross into box while battling a d-man to go up 1-0.:D about 10 min later, after some nifty passing, our right dman makes amazing run to endline and puts a beauty cross to our high centre mid on far left post just outside 6-yd box... hard one-timer and 2-0 by half. then we play another 25 min or so like crap, including having another centre getting a perfect pass to his foot at the 12 yard spot with 3/4 of an empty net and decides to put the ball over the backfence....:eek: finally settled again and got another 2 sweet goals, one from a cross and another a hard work in and cracker shot from our slumping forward... also, a bunch more chances including a header by me that went just wide (dammit - would have been my first header goal...:(

well, we'll have to work harder next week as the clones always bring numbers and we need to get back into our groove...

fyi, wru beat nationals 3-0, so we are both still in division race with 1 game each and us up 1 pt... go us!:D

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
even tho everyone seems to be more interested in cup play right now (congrats IS) i'll update 2a division title race.
PA 4-0 over surrey coyotes, though score not indicative of play. we really had one of our worse games. coyotes started with 7 players and went to 9/10 (not sure which) for most of game. for some reason, we want to just have everyone chase the ball and not play our game... case of "this is going to be easy" slapped in our face.:mad: we finally start some normal play in last 20min of first half and I convert a cross into box while battling a d-man to go up 1-0.:D about 10 min later, after some nifty passing, our right dman makes amazing run to endline and puts a beauty cross to our high centre mid on far left post just outside 6-yd box... hard one-timer and 2-0 by half. then we play another 25 min or so like crap, including having another centre getting a perfect pass to his foot at the 12 yard spot with 3/4 of an empty net and decides to put the ball over the backfence....:eek: finally settled again and got another 2 sweet goals, one from a cross and another a hard work in and cracker shot from our slumping forward... also, a bunch more chances including a header by me that went just wide (dammit - would have been my first header goal...:(

well, we'll have to work harder next week as the clones always bring numbers and we need to get back into our groove...

fyi, wru beat nationals 3-0, so we are both still in division race with 1 game each and us up 1 pt... go us!:D

I think your up two points.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think your up two points.

They are, and have slightly better goal difference. Don't see PAU losing to the Clones, probably a draw at best, so think we need to beat the Titans by 3or more - which will be tough to say the least.

BTW Titans - u guys really want to play this weekend? Some of our kids are still at the Easter Egg scavenger hunt stage, and their ma's won't let them come out to play.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't you guys have a playoff if they tie and you win ScotKop?

The Reverend scoring goals? Damn had we known that we could have stuck him up front for us back in the day.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't you guys have a playoff if they tie and you win ScotKop?

The Reverend scoring goals? Damn had we known that we could have stuck him up front for us back in the day.

Dunno what bush league rules are...conventional leagues (e.g., EPL, etc) are decided on goal difference as opposed to head2head.

I'm sure some stato will be able to tell us...c'mon 'Chise, KH, ItalStal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0