Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D1] Results & Banter September 2010

I know its legal, but its not right. Seven call ups??? This has got to change. tell me if I am wrong.

Ok whats the big deal? i know 7 is alot if you think about it but whats the difference with a div one team signing prem players and then being called up for prem compared to a div 1 team signing prem players and not being called up? You realize the Red Devils are a prem side right. Alot of the players are ex abbotsford prem players who were fed up with there crap. (So I have been told many time) so if this is true whats the difference? I know there is no promotion this team but say they dont get promoted are you going to get mad at them and say they shouldnt be playing div 1?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know its legal, but its not right. Seven call ups??? This has got to change. tell me if I am wrong.

Also if you want to get picky there is a team in div 3 that has mostly div 1 players from last year that have restarted a team. So call-ups or no call-ups there are strong squads in every div with players who should be playing at higher levels.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The reason for allowing 7 permits is to reward proper functioning clubs with a competitive advantage.

It just makes sense. The clubs are truly what make the leagues tick. Look at the Board and committees from the FVSL. All club guys. If you remove the clubs the league doesn't function as it should/could.

It makes perfect sense.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't think anyone is disputing having "Clubs", just the amount of call-ups. It's a little unfair for "Clubs" with 1 team.

If you limited just 3 call-ups per week, then a team put 7 of their 1st team into the reserves in a lower division; the following week only 3 could be called back up to the 1st team.

It will require more planning and make it fairer all round. I think anyway.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't think anyone is disputing having "Clubs", just the amount of call-ups. It's a little unfair for "Clubs" with 1 team.

If a "club" has 1 team you could allow 600 call-ups, since it doesn't matter because they don't have another team to call up players from. You want the luxury of being able to call up 7 guys because of a wedding or something? Join a club.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Calling up isn't really the issue, it's temporarily "dropping" 7 guys down to strengthen the lower team which isn't fair. Say a 1st team didn't have a game one weekend - they drop 7 guys down only to be called up again the following week.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

You can't drop guys down. You can only call up. If PAU had a D3 team I couldn't go play for them, but I could play for our D1 or Prem team.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh OK, I didn't know that.

How come you can't drop guys down?

If someone was benched for a few games and needed minutes, ideally it would be nice to give them minutes in the lower team?

p.s. is there anywhere I can read all these rules so I don't have to keep asking stupid questions? :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh OK, I didn't know that.

How come you can't drop guys down?

If someone was benched for a few games and needed minutes, ideally it would be nice to give them minutes in the lower team?

Ideally yes, but that would get exploited just the way you mentioned. You could always find a need for some "conditioning" minutes to get a top player into a lower division game to help out that team.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just noticed both Rangers and Sentinel have a little Striker in them now. Bollocks, is Sam going to be the answer up front for you guys? Scored almost a goal a game for us last year so that's a great addition. Sentinel picked up rookie7 which will definitely strengthen what was already a strong midfield.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah both played well.

rookie7 was a huge difference in Sentinel's midfield even though their game plan consisted of bypassing him 9/10 times they had possession. Good workrate ...

Sam is still adjusting to playing with the "old farts" as we're called. He was a menace up front despite not scoring against Sentinel.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

rookie7 was a huge difference in Sentinel's midfield even though their game plan consisted of bypassing him 9/10 times they had possession. Good workrate ...

Not to sure what you mean by this, and whats this gameplan you speak of? We don't make gameplans? Corey literally joined us on the Wednesday and had 1 practice with us, it will all work itself out, and we will all gel accordingly and that will be that.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I dunno, the top 3 players on a team dropping a level would be a huge game changer.

That would totally weaken the 1st team, unless they didn't have a game that week of course.

But again, that is the advantage of having a tiered club.

Rather than signing guys to a specific team, you would sign them to the club and the managers pick the teams on a weekly basis (on form, fitness, availability, etc...) so the 1st team picks the best 11 that week, the reserve team manager then picks, and so on. And by limiting to 3, you can't stack one team one week then completely change the line-up the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0