Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool would still beat the Strikers! They would be too busy fondling themselves to focus on the game. In fact, the pages of Stallion's Liverpool calendar are all stuck together.

Have you seen how good looking we are? I'm surprised everyone isn't trying to fondle us too. :rolleyes:

Mainoffender

Sep 14, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it true that NDFCs new manager Corrado Lenzi spent the summer being tudored under Marcelo Lippi in Italy? Wow!...Think about the all the tatics he must have learned.

snaps

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 Rangers over the Abby goons

Goons, ha... good one. Take the blinders off mate, everything was going both ways and thats a fact. A team that doesnt back down from your same kind of play and gives right back from your tactics are goons. The first action I saw of the game was your striker giving me a nice studs up ankle stomp with the ball nowhere even near us. The same thing went back and forth all game. You guys won fair and square, but come on

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers 2 - NDFC 2

Tie that felt like a loss. Can't believe we gave them any hope after 45 minutes of 30 yard long balls. Our finish comes back to bite us in the end. Too drunk to really post, better sumamry tomorrow.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goons, ha... good one. Take the blinders off mate, everything was going both ways and thats a fact. A team that doesnt back down from your same kind of play and gives right back from your tactics are goons. The first action I saw of the game was your striker giving me a nice studs up ankle stomp with the ball nowhere even near us. The same thing went back and forth all game. You guys won fair and square, but come on

How do you stomp on an ankle with your studs up?

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blinders, ya maybe :rolleyes: but we defin. had our first game in years against a true div 2 team. Quality all around, felt like we were in the paint during basketball...elbows everywhere and great picks from their d-fence. I don't follow basketball, but isnt it the offence that runs picks? I guess that is why your defender got burned for both goals when he actually tried playing defence. Congrats on your first win btw, hopefully you can score against another team this year.
Summary, we kept them in the game with our lacksidasical attack thus the score line and second half goals.......most teams will handle them easily.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blinders, ya maybe :rolleyes: but we defin. had our first game in years against a true div 2 team. Quality all around, felt like we were in the paint during basketball...elbows everywhere and great picks from their d-fence. I don't follow basketball, but isnt it the offence that runs picks? I guess that is why your defender got burned for both goals when he actually tried playing defence. Congrats on your first win btw, hopefully you can score against another team this year.
Summary, we kept them in the game with our lacksidasical attack thus the score line and second half goals.......most teams will handle them easily.
pretty much.....

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you guys were angels out there right? Yeah maybe we're not qiute div.1 material anymore but a least when we win our division we take our promotion like men and suck it up. Unlike some other teams out there.:rolleyes:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you guys were angels out there right? Yeah maybe we're not qiute div.1 material anymore but a least when we win our division we take our promotion like men and suck it up. Unlike some other teams out there.:rolleyes:

Nice one, that hurts......
As for us, I believe we started to return the favor as we were sick and tired of the shiiit you guys call soccer. As I said, good luck to you and all the teams you guys play.:(

Anfield Road

Oct 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the Rangers, before you criticize anyone, why don't you guy's finally take a promotion and have some integrity. The only year I've seen you guy's truely make a genuine attempt at winning the league was when a few of us back then were with the Aldergrove team that went undefeated. Most of us on the Abby team are past it now and we're man enough to admit that...but as Megr says at least we had the integrity to win our division and take promotion! We may go down to Div 2 and that's fine at least we took our promotion.Do everyone on TTP a favour and save the explanations we've heard them all from you guy's for years!

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the Rangers, .Do everyone on TTP a favour and save the explanations we've heard them all from you guy's for years!

You guys share the same brain? I don't believe we have said anything about promotion, are you on crack? I have heard it is a problem in Abby, perhaps this is why you are talking about promotion and such. Maybe I'm on crack, cause I sure don't know what the hell your on about. How does this have anything to do with your 2-0 loss and your team? I mentioned div 2, I don't recall anything else like that. Am I even awake, I'm so confussed.

Anfield Road

Oct 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point is you're saying" we're a true Div2 team," and I'm saying you guy's over the years should have been a premier team! Seems pretty clear to me! That's where the promotion comments came in!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oddly enough, the archives are missing 03-07 for Div 1 but maybe someone can dig up the standings for those years. Might clear up Anfields point.

Previous to that 2000-2001, Rangers won it. :)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
genuine attempt at winning the league was when a few of us back then were with the Aldergrove team that went undefeated.

If i remember correctly, the year you guys gained promotion, you lost to us at Newton.
We were down 2-0 at half and came back and won 3-2.
I recall, cause I had a bit of a tantrum in the changeroom at half time.
:rolleyes:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oddly enough, the archives are missing 03-07 for Div 1 but maybe someone can dig up the standings for those years. Might clear up Anfields point.

Previous to that 2000-2001, Rangers won it. :)

Here's 2006/2007 from http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/Archives/2006-2007FinalStandings.htm:
Code:
 	Division One   	 		GP  	W  	T  	L  	GF  	GA  	PTS
  	Abbotsford Mariners  		17 	13 	3 	1 	69 	28 	42
  	Aldergrove Warriors 	 	18 	12 	4 	2 	42 	24 	40
  	Port Moody Gunners 	 	18 	12 	2 	4 	43 	18 	38
  	Peace Arch United 	 	18 	10 	2 	6 	42 	32 	32
  	LUFC Athletic 	 	 	17 	9 	4 	4 	39 	29 	31
  	Surrey FC Rangers 	 	17 	9 	3 	5 	35 	16 	30
  	Poco City FC Reserves  		18 	9 	3 	6 	46 	28 	30
  	Delta Metro Highlanders 	18 	7 	5 	6 	31 	28 	26
  	Dewdney FC Razorbacks  		18 	8 	2 	8 	39 	41 	26
  	TWU Titans 	 	 	17 	8 	1 	8 	37 	36 	25