Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't get me wrong, I'm not watering down peace arch or sentinel's wins over whitecaps, just thinking over what I heard about them having to field weaker teams some weeks, but hey, in the end; good wins and I hope for the same result when we play them

Now, will someone please beat Pomo!

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 2 - aldergrove 2......ref was just terrible couldn't call a foul if his life depended on it. we scored early on a pk as our guy beat 3 of their guys and as he was rounding the 3rd one, he got taken down just in the box. aldergrove scored on a defensive gaff 1-1. we scored off a cross and aldergrove came back with a sloppy goal but they seemed content with it. we should have won as we missed several chances in the second half. aldergrove really had one other chance that hit the bar from in close. they play very physical, kind of dirty. late tackles/body checks after the balls gone almost everytime. it was pretty bad in the first but they played properly in the second half. unfortunate not to get 3 points. i think there was only one caution all game when there should have been 4-5 possibly even more. with so many injuries and lotta guys sick 2 byes in a row doesnt sound so bad rite now.....congrats to sentinel on the win over the caps'

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps can be scored on....They offer little to no physical resistance. And the Keepers, all seven of them, are small and sketchy when coming off the line. So again....Big guy up front and swing them in...you'll win 90% of the balls. Their center backs aren't puny, but still maybe 175 6'0 tops? They are however very agile up the wings, but didn't focus penetrating up the middle. So fast fullbacks is the medicine? Just line up to neutralize their strengths, and they won't adapt with their limited soccer sense. I guess I have it out for these guys as when they played us they all had their dad on the sidelines behind our bench whining and mouthing off about every bit of contact on the pitch...half were dives anyhow, and some were just the nature of mens league....and I won't lie...but their lip might have earned them a couple late shots as well...Whomever still has to play them goodluck and enjoy that game. We certainly wish we had them again, but we only play everyone ONCE dammit.

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 2 - aldergrove 2......ref was just terrible couldn't call a foul if his life depended on it. we scored early on a pk as our guy beat 3 of their guys and as he was rounding the 3rd one, he got taken down just in the box. aldergrove scored on a defensive gaff 1-1. we scored off a cross and aldergrove came back with a sloppy goal but they seemed content with it. we should have won as we missed several chances in the second half. aldergrove really had one other chance that hit the bar from in close. they play very physical, kind of dirty. late tackles/body checks after the balls gone almost everytime. it was pretty bad in the first but they played properly in the second half. unfortunate not to get 3 points. i think there was only one caution all game when there should have been 4-5 possibly even more. with so many injuries and lotta guys sick 2 byes in a row doesnt sound so bad rite now.....congrats to sentinel on the win over the caps'
Everyone is getting sick eh! Combined with the usual injuries this could be a funny month for all teams. Picking any line up must be a bit challenging until the day of.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP is awesome.
lol i didn't even realize it but if he didn't call that one then all hell woulda broke loose...guys running in to strike the ball just inside the 18 and you can hear the clash of boots quite well. OTHER then the pk all the bodychecks, late slides, couple careless tackles and there might have been a wreckless one in there somewhere. but it calmed down afterwards. if the whitecaps/parents don't like rough stuff then they definately won't like aldergrove.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Supersub got it right. We were lucky to get out of that game with a point. Especially in the first half we should have been down by 4 for sure. Our keeper did keep us in the game with some great saves on some crackers by Langely.

Stallion should note that we had one of our midfielders playing in goal because our starting keep had the flu. Was that not an excuse you used earlier Stal? I think I am going to made a Top 10 Stallion excuses for losing a game.

Back to the game. Langely deserved the 3 point and we were lucky. Definatly our worst game in the last 2 years in Div.1.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol i didn't even realize it but if he didn't call that one then all hell woulda broke loose...guys running in to strike the ball just inside the 18 and you can hear the clash of boots quite well. OTHER then the pk all the bodychecks, late slides, couple careless tackles and there might have been a wreckless one in there somewhere. but it calmed down afterwards. if the whitecaps/parents don't like rough stuff then they definately won't like aldergrove.

I have to defend our side a little here jimmy... I agree there was some late stuff but it was going both ways... and to be honest I am surprised it didn't get worse with that ref.

We also felt as though we could have walked away with 3 points - 2 point blank chances in the first 5 minutes, the PK was deserved... Grove happy to get the first point.. hopefully we can build on it.

Cantuzzi

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't even going to be in town this weekend till I pulled the plug on my other plans yesterday. I still have a bit of a conflict w/ this game, even being in town, but badly want to play in this game. Also, we have a Masters game Friday night, so we'll see how I feel.

50/50 right now.

Predictions...tough to say. You guys have been on the upswing over the past year, and the Athletics of present are essentially a completely new team w/ some young "vet" holdovers. What they lack in veteran savvy and experience, they make up for in, erm...athleticism. They are actually worthy of the name.

Plus, you won't have Johnny K on Saturday, as I plan on lacing his beer w/ X-Lax Friday night. Don't tell him.

It'll be a good game, one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0