Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
in regards to how new teams are fairing in div 1....since the gunners don't count i think we are the only team to get point(s) from div 1 teams...stolo n sentinel tied each other...not saying we're better but those are the facts...aldergrove is having a hard time keeping the balls out of the net and abby seem to be having a hard time putting them in.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding. Gold star. A for effort, F for result.

Athletics took a hum-ping in their season opener Saturday at the hands of the Waderbacks. Wade w/ 3. The LUFC Athletics are much younger...oldest guy is 25. They got themselves a bit of a rude awakening. They still contend Wade sucks, is nothing special. I always laugh at this...I guess the guy sucks about 20 times a year on a regular basis.

All told, I understand there were some flashes, but serious deffensive shortcomings. They had Rob Keam- back from a business trip- out last night, working on shape, communicating, etc.

A couple of vets will likely help out on Saturday for a few minutes here and there. I hope to get in 20 or so, if the kids will have a broken, cranky old Dude around.

Keep an eye on these kids.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is your proof of having 1 team come straight from div 3 (Sentinel) and 2 teams from mid pack D2 (Stolo and Coyotes) in Div 1 in a division where there is 2 byes a week.

Now look at Div 2 where there is a huge talent and togetherness gap between the top Div 2 teams... Do you honestly think Sentinel would make it out of a division with Us Nomads, ACBC, and Guildford United (Who honestly hasn't played anyone of note yet), or in 2A with the top teams there?, or even 2C With this years version of Sentinel, the hypsters and LUFC Young Guns and Athletica!?

Maybe, but nothing would have been a mortal lock.

Div 1 is worse for it by not just culling teams and only promoting the bare minimum based on the FVSL Constitution...

aside from the Athletics who seem to have only played one game (diabolical :rolleyes:) the bottom teams are all the new teams to the division save the Pomo Gunners... :rolleyes:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is your proof of having 1 team come straight from div 3 (Sentinel) and 2 teams from mid pack D2 (Stolo and Coyotes) in Div 1 in a division where there is 2 byes a week.
Div 1 is worse for it by not just culling teams and only promoting the bare minimum based on the FVSL Constitution...:

THis is an old debate....10 teams yada yada
As for those coming up, never a surprise. Sentinel will come around, they just haven't figured out that their prior success will not help in div 1. Of the teams that moved up, they will be the best of them.....give them time. As for the others, I haven't seen them so I cannot comment.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look, Sentinel is, from all accounts, the same team from last year plus Brent Wantke and Kudzai Zimbiti from LUFC Dynamo. Kudzai is going to be average on their team, but Brent is a pretty good player and was a big factor in the Dynamo mid to late season success last year... But the same team from Sentinel last year plus basically Brent is not good enough.

I'm not sure they will come around, i figured the might surprise a few teams with their long ball up the wing to klewis thing and then teams would wise up to it... I'm not sure they are going to "come around"

As far as the others, they are a blight on the division :p

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You think?! :D

But they do have Wantke, who can make guys miss, so maybe they are multi-dimensional now that they have two methods of attack

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played Sentinel last weekend and from what they brought to the pitch I will bet they will finish the season mid-pack. They have a few guys that can play, but there work ethic is next to none. Once they learn to tighten the backline they will steal points from "the better teams". On a secondary note, after the first couple of week what are the predictions for the top 4 finishers, given they may be playing prem next year.

I'll start it out

Rangers
North delta
Strikers
PAU

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
All you guys need to simmer down and stop getting your panties wet. It is 3 games into the season - and yes.. we should have 6 points out of 9.. but that is not the case and instead we have a huge 1 point. All because we can't finish.. yes we have some work to do as far as working better as a team, but it will come.. we have no practice field, and since it gets dark so fast now, we can't practice.. so if some team has a half field or something and is willing to help us out and give us some of there field, we will gladly pay for it. We haven't been as active as most of these other teams, but that's our fault, we got kicked out of summer league early on, so we haven't really kept in game form, plus a few injuries aren't exactly helping us right now.

Here's to hoping things turn around!

:knvb:

P.S.

JBN, stop drinking that damn hatorade, its not good for you. ;) & Stallion, what position do you play?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All you guys need to simmer down and stop getting your panties wet. It is 3 games into the season - and yes.. we should have 6 points out of 9.. but that is not the case and instead we have a huge 1 point. All because we can't finish.. yes we have some work to do as far as working better as a team, but it will come.. we have no practice field, and since it gets dark so fast now, we can't practice.. so if some team has a half field or something and is willing to help us out and give us some of there field, we will gladly pay for it. We haven't been as active as most of these other teams, but that's our fault, we got kicked out of summer league early on, so we haven't really kept in game form, plus a few injuries aren't exactly helping us right now.

Here's to hoping things turn around!

:knvb:

P.S.
Stallion, what position do you play?

So easy to wind up :D Did you call who I suggested for a field time? As for position, I'm not quite sure to be honest. So far I've been a central midfielder this year, never played it before but seems to be going alright :eek:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a secondary note, after the first couple of week what are the predictions for the top 4 finishers, given they may be playing prem next year.

I'll start it out

Rangers
North delta
Strikers
PAU

Rangers ... (are there any other teams? :confused:)
North Delta
TWU
Waderbacks / Whitecaps Prospects

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
klewis,

Your Sentinel team has some solid potential but needs a bit of direction / coaching. Your sweeper and left mid are definitely your strengths.

If you guys work on tactics and leave the hacking alone, you will do well against most of the division. I predict you will have trouble against the "old guard" - Rangers, NDFC, Dewdney ... maybe Athletics if hacker-Dude permits etc.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Bollocks, appreciate the constructive critism.

Stallion you never gave me a number or talked to me about fields, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0