Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you're happy with 1 point out of 9?
definitely not happy with 1 out of 9....would be happy with the 5 out of 9 we should of had...only game we shouldn't have gotten any points from were the first one...the delta game we could have one but hit a post late in the game and so it is...gunners game last week could have came away with a point but last minute goal and so we are with 1 of 9 currently. but if you look carefully look at the teams we've played compared to the other new teams that have played...sents, stolo have yet to play gunners or delta utd...lets see how those games go....imo the two best teams in div 1....lets see how we do this week against pau selects.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is your proof of having 1 team come straight from div 3 (Sentinel) and 2 teams from mid pack D2 (Stolo and Coyotes) in Div 1 in a division where there is 2 byes a week...

again you say midpack...going by definition mid pack d2 would mean we were at about 14-16 out of 30 teams, correct? according to points we were 4th out of 30...so definitely not mid pack....look at aldergrove, abby teams that are definately struggling this year. aldergrove so strong last year, already have conceded more goals in 3 games this year then they did all last season...n abby are closing in on that as well...we finished 4th of 30 last year n 2 out of 30 the year before....sure we only have 1 point out of a possibe total of 9....but it is a long season...you're going by 3 weeks of soccer, ffs the athletics have only played one game, had we all played the same teams it would be a little more fair to make those statements, dont you agree?? how bout you save the shite talkin till at least week 10 where half of the season has passed...cause we all know you cant wait till the end of the year.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sents, stolo have yet to play gunners or delta utd...lets see how those games go....imo the two best teams in div 1....

Give your head a shake Coyote!

The Tie-landers just don't get 3 points from many matches!! As for the Gooners, aren't their top 11 getting humped in Premier? After the transfer deadline, their Div. 1 squad will be that much weaker as the "better" Div. 1 players cup-tie with the Prem squad.

Unlikely either of them will finish top 2. :wa:

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love how your calling Wantke a joke, I hope your joking.. Aren't you bench for the Young Guns? I don't remember them having any supersubs?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give your head a shake Coyote!

The Tie-landers just don't get 3 points from many matches!! As for the Gooners, aren't their top 11 getting humped in Premier? After the transfer deadline, their Div. 1 squad will be that much weaker as the "better" Div. 1 players cup-tie with the Prem squad.

Unlikely either of them will finish top 2. :wa:

if you guys finish top 2 will you stay in div1 again too ?

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite, not that wantke deserves all this attention but, he is a great player, supersub your fuked, whoever you are. Also, didn't know till this weeks cooler chat that wantke and kuz from the dynamo last year play for sentinal, holy shite can't wait till that game, kuz I am going to slide tackle you! As for top four finish, I have to say: definately pre-mature to pick top four, and the picks thus far....wack

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
klewis,

Your Sentinel team has some solid potential but needs a bit of direction / coaching. Your sweeper and left mid are definitely your strengths.

If you guys work on tactics and leave the hacking alone, you will do well against most of the division. I predict you will have trouble against the "old guard" - Rangers, NDFC, Dewdney ... maybe Athletics if hacker-Dude permits etc.

My ears are burning.

You can deffinitely count LUFC Athletics out of the "Old Guard" argument. The LUFC Dynamo officially inherit the title of "Old Guard" from Langley. I'd consider them (Athletics) on the same plane as a TWU.

The Athletics are a faster, fitter, and arguably more skilled squad this year. They are deffinitley less experienced (heavy on Metro graduates), and evidence from the weekend shows they need to HTFU very quickly in order to get used to the harder going of Div. 1, and have the success we all know they can have. Sean Kelly and Jordan Roslund are the two "vets", so that should tell you something. Lots of skill and potential.

Looking forward to getting in a few minutes w/ them this weekend against Delta. Going to have to look up the Rangers date too.

Haven't seen Hatman posting. Did you guys finally figure his act out and send him on his way, or is he still jumping out of the way of tackles for the Rangers, to save himself before taking one for the team?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just looked at your line-up, Bullocks. I guess the former.

That Rangers squad is no doubt solid, especially given a healthy Mario, and Peter in front of him. I thought your best player last year when we played was Andreas.

Given what I know about the league, I'll say it: Rangers favored for 1st.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stolo have yet to play gunners or delta utd...lets see how those games go....imo the two best teams in div 1....lets see how we do this week against pau selects.

Aren't these so far only two of the three games you've played?

Wow. Your list of "best teams in Div. 1" is going to grow every week.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Rangers squad is no doubt solid, especially given a healthy Mario, and Peter in front of him. I thought your best player last year when we played was Andreas.

Given what I know about the league, I'll say it: Rangers favored for 1st.

Our best player when we played you guys last year was Barry! LOL - our call-down (up?) from our Masters squad.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Now we Rangers just have to realize that we have to go out and play these games ... we aren't just going to win the division because we deserve it ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
But the question now would be would you turn down promotion again? Premier league will be a watered down next year with 3 teams leaving, so you would think you "old" guys would be able to take the grind of Premier.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My hope is the league fixes the constitution NOW, and mandates a firm promotion / relegation policy. While they are at it, contract div. 1 to 16 teams, then to 14 in 2012, and 12 for 2013.

You earn it, you must go up, not debate, no option. It is a club system, so w/ in a club- in theory- you should be able to figure out how to deal w/ a problem most clubs would love to have.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You want to go there?

We did want the Premier spot - but we also wanted a Div. 1 spot! The club would have fielded teams to both. However the league (who I think is doing a great job this year) ... decided that they couldn't give away a "free" Div 1 spot to our club Surrey F.C.

We would've put a team into Premier and Div. 1 if we got that spot.

Teams like Sentinel, Whitecaps Prospects, ACBC (past) etc. all got free Div. 1 spots ... why not our long-standing club?

Bleh - it is what it is. We're not upset!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I owuld have much rather seen that happen for you guys Bollocks, than to have cannon fodder in Div 1 watering down the quality overall.

The only time something like this should be looked at, imho, is when two teams merge and would absolutely curb stomp the lower division... Like say The Dynamo and Athletics (hypothetically) finishing in the last 2 spots and getting demoted, they merge to make one new team... they woudl run roughshod over div 2, so allow them to stay.

Not Stolo, who was 2 teams from D2 merging, or Coyotes who picked up some players from a folding team, by all accounts, or Sentinel who NEVER even played D2.

mmmmmm. Haterade ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I'm not one of these guys slamming you boys for not going up. I actually saw your side of things. The current system essentially allows a team to refuse promotion. You guys tried having your cake and eating it too- and I can see why. It made sense to me that you'd want that Div. 1 spot.

Why they refused you...I supose it is based on the optics of essentially giving an "expansion" spot to Surrey FC. That being said, they also promoted a team from div. 3, and a few from div. 2 that did not earn, so to me the non-award of the expansion team is moot.

All that said, if there are firm rules and guidelines, teams will be required to operate in the parameters of those guidelines.

Given the current environment, I'd likely have tried doing the same thing you guys did. No beef w/ me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0