Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results and Banter - November '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just thought I'd post after reviewing the standings in my former division..... Seems like GN and SUFC have really jumped on board the Premier / Cat System. They must be fielding some really BS teams to allow almost 50 goals each in 11/12 games.

What a load of crap.. Glad I got out when I did.......

Nice to see ND and Whalley fielded some reasonable teams however, then again they know all about the cat system.

Anyhow goodluck.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lilhank said:
Shouldn't you be able to talk these kids, who, "look up" to the premier team, and "stick around for autographs", and work out some sort of deal for indoor time. Sounds like the little men at the rapids are giving you the finger. I was under ther impression your club helped each other out. I'm starting to think every club shouldn't be like that. Anyways ...
Short answer: Yes, you're right. We're working on it and are close to solving our dilemma...and still winning despite the unfortunate hurdles this year. Weird huh?

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhank
Shouldn't you be able to talk these kids, who, "look up" to the premier team, and "stick around for autographs", and work out some sort of deal for indoor time. Sounds like the little men at the rapids are giving you the finger. I was under ther impression your club helped each other out. I'm starting to think every club shouldn't be like that. Anyways ...

Rivermouth said:
Short answer: Yes, you're right. We're working on it and are close to solving our dilemma...and still winning despite the unfortunate hurdles this year. Weird huh?

Rumour has it the Chilliwack school board has finally come up with training facilities for the Rapids Soccer Club. After heated negotiations, the Rapids have secured access to the local elementary school gym every Wednesday and Friday during recess. I also heard that the swing set and monkey bars are available for a 15 minute warm-up and cool down period.

Can anyone please confirm.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
and still winning despite the unfortunate hurdles this year. Weird huh?

It is weird, but i guess everyone get's lucky in one season or another.
Look at GEU last year. Premier and CAT champs.
:eek:

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lildank said:
blah blah blahblah blah my mom says that all clubs should not be like that blah blah

that was great lilyank, keep up the fukin hilariousity :rolleyes:

FTM said:
Quote:

Rumour has it the Chilliwack school board has finally come up with training facilities for the Rapids Soccer Club. After heated negotiations, the Rapids have secured access to the local elementary school gym every Wednesday and Friday during recess. I also heard that the swing set and monkey bars are available for a 15 minute warm-up and cool down period.

Rumour has it? Word on the street is... HaHa?? Swing set and monkey bars...
Do you two work on material together or what?
"After heated negotiations FTM and Lilspank agree to take turns receiving to the sounds of 'Slow Motion'" :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday's game wasn't what I'd call a thriller. Belfast will probably agree...very tough for either team to generate much flow. The chances on goal were few and far between, and whatever possession either team has was neutralized by the other pretty quick. Most of the match was played in the middle...very choppy. Not much happening on either wing.

I think the teams match up well. PAU is pacey, and have a couple of skilled mids. As these games tend to go, we sat back too much after our goal, trying to protect. As a result, PAU spend the bulk of the final 15 or so in our end, and were rewarded.

We were disappointed in the result, but not the effort. The tie 1-1 tie was pretty much well earned both ways. Peter "The Tanned God" Thomas was very good in the middle. Let us play, and only showed color once. Lot's of advantage calls, which we like.

Belfast: are any of these guys getting calls up?

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Weird" isn't the word I'd use to describe it. It's my opinion that this is a damn good (relative competitive) division this season. The unlucky teams in the bottom have probably only been a bad bounce or two away from trading places with most of us this season. Week in week out the games have all had the potential to go either way. We see the occasional "upset" but it never really shocks me when teams are playing for pride. Fortunate is a much better word to describe a teams run of good luck. So far every team has made their own luck by sticking it out and workin hard. We don't have our own cup really... we either play for the prem div's pak cup or the regular div one's new cup. We play for bragging rights... Props to every team in our division for busting hump for nothing mroe than the chance to WIN! Thats awesome...

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
It is weird, but i guess everyone get's lucky in one season or another.
Look at GEU last year. Premier and CAT champs.
:eek:

Hahahahaha...*Falling Down Laughing*...Hahahahahaha....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

That's a good one! Lucky?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Whoo...nice one. Great joke! You're killing me! Hahahahahaha

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FTM said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhank

HEY! Get it RIGHT! It's at LUNCH, not recess!

And anyway, the Rapids had to do SOMETHING, since our players muscles were atrophying from lack of use (other than running around opposing players during games, handing them their shorts on a weekly basis and putting goals into our opposition nets). The Rapids simply do NOT have enough of a margin on the Goals For and Against average, and just HAD to do something to make it wider.

On a more serious note: The combination of new "bad weather, lunchtime-in-elementary-school" option, coupled with the monkey bars, tether ball, and jungle gym "warmup" facilities will most definitely assist our clubs players to increase their already "gorilla-like" strength, stamina and quickness to previously unheard of proportions. Women will swoon as the newly "jungle gym engorged" atheletes from the Rapids, continue to score "highlight reel-style" goals into their opposing, and simply "man-like", un-monkey-barred, competition.

Hahahahahahahaa!

I'm laughing AT you, not WITH you.

JBergen

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
6-0 win....nice job Rapids....what is the problem with these city teams....showing up 2 minutes after the game was supposed to start...we got a little worried there on Sunday and thought the other team wasn't showing up. Some advice: If your Driving from Surrey, you may want to leave an hour early when coming to CHWK.
in regards to our next two games...Whalley and Langley...do you play all of your prem. players against our CAT team or do you actually have a proper set up with two teams?

JBergen

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, what I mean is ... do they/you have a club system where you have most of the players set for each team Cat and Prem - with some moving up or down...or do most of the players play for both teams?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was obviously a question not requiring an answer. Can't speak for Whalley, but our Cat team is made up of mostly "cat", or 1st division, caliber players- but every week we do have a couple or few guys playing down. Typically guys whom haven't seen a lot of time, or are coming off injury. Makes for different line-ups week-in, week-out, but no big deal.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only two weeks till our rematch Dude! Hopefully this weekend's match, against the Whalley "kings of ties" squad, serves as a tune-up match and we can survive them to meet you firing on all cylinders for chapter two of our seasons series. That first one was a fun game, very hard faught.

What's the book on Whalley so far... in our first visit they pretty much used force to smash their way to a tie with us... any other takes on them?

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, to answer your question about call ups. Very limited and very little time our one outside mid with the scruff and fancy boots gets called on but mostly for minutes in the prem game. The other player was our young centre mid also with the scruff (must be the style cannot afford a razor?) other that that we are a self contained P.D.D team with the "P" talent in our youth but not with the "P" exposure. Such is life when both teams have signed so many players.
Good summary in the game, funny the last 15 was when I was subbed on ?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBergen said:
Dude, what I mean is ... do they/you have a club system where you have most of the players set for each team Cat and Prem - with some moving up or down...or do most of the players play for both teams?

What he wants to know is if he can use the "they had all their premier players out today" excuse for losing to you.
:D

JBergen

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda...I'm not a person to use excuses...that being said, I think someone else said this ealier...it's all about the results- show it on the pitch..we'll see how the games go.

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff if you can take a piss on here then do it... don't come with this weak changing what I said in a recent piss take or changing my name three different times in one reply. Lildank, lilyank, lilspank ... sounds like a cryuff friday, saturday, sunday, can't get your pal rivermouth off your mind ? Call him, tell him you love him keep all of us out of your bizzare little world of "soggy fields" and name changing. blah blah blah??? Good one cryuff you got me there...Is that what you would call a "zinger" I know it's hard for you to do while sitting but piss or get off the pot...

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I took the shite then? Or just gave you the golden shower... I musta missed the pot. Splashed some on your chin, pass me a Whalley jersey and we can both wipe off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0