Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL and VISL Summit

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You start by calling out those who "bash" and then proceed to bash the ref - good one.

You also talk about taking time to put a team together - excuse me but were these games not announced months ago?

I never bashed the ref I called it as it happened and for your information I was asked to get involved 3 days prior to going to Victoria. If you were meaning the previous game vs the VMSL, ya they should have been a little more prepaired but in the FVSL defence I was told alot of guys who said would come out didnt show.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
He plays for me,,,

No, no that's not it. I swear I have seen him some place before though. Cloughie, can you help me out here?

Tony Carillo and Dylan Fagliato play for ACBC the other guy is a Poco goalie, Dumbledorowitch I think. 1 of the best around but currently coming off a serious knee injury. Now why don't u go back to polishing yer snowboard there LARRY and stop trying to stir! The guys missed u on the bus, how was Bellis Fair Mall, did u get some nice things for the new pad with the missus?:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of curiosity, were any of the PAU boys- who were away playing PCL for the game vs. VMSL- able to make the Island trip? Lots of travelling over two weeks for footy if that is the case.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of curiosity, were any of the PAU boys- who were away playing PCL for the game vs. VMSL- able to make the Island trip? Lots of travelling over two weeks for footy if that is the case.
studs posted about the fantastic bus/ferry ride...

just to remind us of the fact he was selected.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Studsup was there with shades on at night and Liam played 90 in the OPEN game:cool:

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Island a leg up on Valley

By Travis Paterson - Victoria News - June 04, 2008
| | | |

NewS.36.20080603122347.VISLAllStar2bwJune0408_20080604.jpg

Victoria star Chris Merriman gets by Fraser Valley all star Liam Breen Sunday at Hampton Park. Victoria won the game 4-3.
Sharon Tiffin/News staff​

Annual all-star contest physical, emotional battle
Players were clearly on edge for the first match of the two-game, all-star soccer series between the Vancouver Island and the Fraser Valley men’s leagues.
Spectators were treated to a fast-paced and highly motivated game – much more emotional then an all-star title might suggest.
VISL completed a comeback to win the first game 4-3 Sunday. The contest featured high-level plays and a flurry of yellow cards, many of which could have been considered red-card infractions had it not been an all-star situation.
A lone red card was handed out midway through the second half, handicapping a spirited Fraser Valley side.
Bays United coach Rich Fast, who had the honour of managing the VISL side, was surprised by the way it turned out.
“I didn’t expect the level of intensity to be this high, I guess this is what you get when you have players who’re competitive, want to win, and don’t know much about each other.”
Fast cited the unfamiliarity factor as the biggest reason. “The only time our players see them is in (the provincial cup).”
At no time did the pace slow, as each VISL man played at least a half, although the shape of the game changed dramatically once Fraser Valley’s Andrew Slane received a red card.
Mike Baldwin opened Fraser Valley’s scoring on a penalty shot in the first half while Chris Kydd and Slane chipped in their second and third goals, staking the Valley to a 3-2 lead.
Late in the second half the Valley’s midfield and forwards picked VISL apart to tie the game 2-2, and it controlled the flow of the game.
But a Pat Gawrys tap-in and a Craig Robertson header from a corner-kick scramble gave the Island club the lead.
VISL controlled the final 10 minutes after the Valley went to nine players.
“It was the most competitive all-star game I’ve seen in a long time,” said Fast. “At the return game over there, we’ll have to match their intensity. Whoever commits to travel over will play at least a half.”
Steve Gateley and Kellen Holden scored the first half goals for VISL.
Thomas Mills, president of the Fraser Valley soccer league, and coach of their all-star team commented on the rough aspect.
“Sometimes you get to that edge, and it’s hard not for it to spill over. It was a little distasteful today and the banter was edgy,” said Mills, adding, “it’s better than an easy win where nobody cares.
“It shows there's bragging rights with that trophy up for grabs. I’m proud of the players for leading the game twice (before VISL came back).”
“It’s full value – their heart is in it, and that’s what you want,” said Kjeld Brodsgaard, president of the VISL and co-organizer of the tournament with Mills.
The masters game was a much more composed affair that saw Fraser Valley win 2-0 on goals by the Clarke brothers, Gord and Mike.
All 17 of VISL’s over-35 players made it into the game.
“We carried the game for the first ten minutes,” said striker/midfielder Tim Slevan, who is part of the B.C. champion UVic Alumni team who made up the core of the all-star team.
“They just crossed a couple of balls and got good deflections which fell right on the foot, and that was the difference,” said Slevan.
Things may change next weekend in game two of the all-star challenge when the Fraser Valley Masters team will feature five of the Surrey Rangers players, the team who faced the UVic Alumni in the B.C. final last month.
Just as Gorge is heavily represented in the VISL open mens the Masters team is heavy on UVic Alumni, who will want to re-assert their strong play by evening up the 2-0 deficit on aggregate.
sports@vicnews.com

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it? I think Clint has lost "that edge" that made him the impact player he once was.

Perhaps he is just using this opportunity to get his career back on track and jumping into the big league.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I had to take a break from work and post my comments at this great news.

It's great to see Clint back in the game playing at the level he should be. Hopefully, he can show glimpses of the player he was and still can be.

We believe in you Clint.

Thanks for letting us in on this special little item cloughie.:rolleyes:

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not trying to get away from the previous posts....but is not this a little bit of a difficult time to stage a "allstar" type of summit. i just looked at the visl site and it appears they are going to be in tough what with at least 8 of their players playing against surrey on sunday...of course i have no idea who is playing from the fvl allstars in the PCL on sunday. might help the visl tho as i was told they changed 7 or 8 at halftime in the "friendly", which someone mentioned was like a scrum after every debateable tackle, gotta love a ref who has control!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the FVSL Premier AllStars ,,4-1 and the Summit Cup.
Masters too. (not sure the final score there)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0