Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL and VISL Summit

visl

May 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
June 1st will be the first games in the home and away summit with FVSL and VISL in the Premier and Masters Division. VISL are hosting FVSL with the Masters game starting at 13:30 followed by the Premier game at 15:00. Each league is putting up a trophy as it is hoped that this will become an annual event and will hopefully include the VMSL in the future.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch out for the FVSL Premier team, they will be very very hungry after their first run together on sunday. Did you know that they beat the WhiteCaps a few years ago?

hos

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now does this date work with the PCSL games? Or will they too play our FVSL "B" team?

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just talked to Whistle Blower & he asked me to post the score from the Masters game today ( looks like someone has beaten me to it though )
VISL - 0 FVSL - 2
I'm sure Whistle blower will post a report when he's sober.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks PNE for the post now i am sober i guess i can post ?????

The game today was well played by both teams but the FVSL took there chances very well, Paddy Moore and his brother Brad played very well today.
As did the Clark twins's from Aldergrove, no really the lads where ALL heart today and gave there all today for 90 mins .

Hats off to the VISL for there hospitality both over 35's and premier, top class. See you next week lads.

Bluecard

Mar 10, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the game. What a joke. Aren't these games supposed to be "friendlies"? Who is going to want to play in these games knowing that "nothing" is on the line and it's going to be goon/bitchfest. Good luck having this set up next year knowing that players will whack and 2 foot one another over "what"! You boys better smartin up for next week or this Summit thing is over! It is supposed to be for fun and have some beers afterwards. Relax!

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
great games today!

Something is on the line! Pride in your league! The referee in the premier game didn't do a good enough job of controlling the game, by the VISL staff's own admission. After last week the FVSL were not here to be walked on and the VISL (9 gorge players in their squad) crew got their noses outta joint because they were challenged by a very tough and skilled team sunday. FVSL had leads of 2-1 and 3-2 with 25 min left. FVSL keeper got injured and striker got RED for a dubious late challenge, this ref was under pressure from the HOME lads for that decision, off he goes. 2 unfortunate late goals to give the Island the lead coming to Newton for the 2nd leg...............should be fun!:cool:

Kjeld and fellow executive members, Thanks for the hospitality, very well organized!

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great day yesterday, had a fantastic time on the bus ride home, ferry ride was a little scary (is there a doctor on board?? over the loudspeaker), turns out one of lads knocked his head. Games were both good, and hospitality was first class as usual. Sweet Caroline....never felt this good before!!!

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
6 Gorge players in the lineup not 9. Reffing was terrible and the reason for the chippiness was do to the ref not being able to control the game. The red card was warranted but bad tackles happened both ways.

All in all a good game and we are looking forward to next weekend.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet Caroline,,Who the hell is she and how do all you Masters players know her so well. LOL
What a great day and so much fun,,VISL hats off for a great time and thankyou FVSL for inviteing me and my lads.
Oh and thankx for letting me dress and feel like a winner.(Masters)
Thats right I dressed,,never played but I road the bench as well as Kevin.
FVSL you can be proud of the younger guys as they played a super game and what a game it was from start to finnish. I recommend you all come out Sunday to Newton for a beer and watch the 2nd leg of this home and home cause it will surely be cracker.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
great games today!

Something is on the line! Pride in your league! The referee in the premier game didn't do a good enough job of controlling the game, by the VISL staff's own admission. After last week the FVSL were not here to be walked on and the VISL (9 gorge players in their squad) crew got their noses outta joint because they were challenged by a very tough and skilled team sunday. FVSL had leads of 2-1 and 3-2 with 25 min left. FVSL keeper got injured and striker got RED for a dubious late challenge, this ref was under pressure from the HOME lads for that decision, off he goes. 2 unfortunate late goals to give the Island the lead coming to Newton for the 2nd leg...............should be fun!:cool:

Kjeld and fellow executive members, Thanks for the hospitality, very well organized!
Where was the pride last week?

Ok to post when you lose 4-3 but not 8-0?

Stir Stir... :D

Bluecard

Mar 10, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly my point, they get the shite kicked out of them week, decide that skill isn't going to work, so lets bang and crash because that's all we can do. Come on, the guy who got a red could have broken the guy's leg (IN A FRIENDLY! for Pete's sake). Mind you they did score three goals so maybe it worked but still...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knowing full well what a depleated line-up and the quality of players who couldn't give a fcuk to show...well done FVSL.

Quebec stribbers rock.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where was the pride last week?

Ok to post when you lose 4-3 but not 8-0?

What was the point in posting about an embarrassing result. I wasn't about to justify the slagging with some lame excuses about the why's and how's. I take full responsibility for that loss as I was left to run the show when our selected coaches couldn't be there. Players didn't show and it won't be forgotten.

The pride was there from some last week but NOT the quality, no disrespect to anyone who played but some just weren't interested and when their (VMSL) 2 of their best players were still trying to score with 5 minutes left against what was obviously a depleted squad you have to ask why?

For this weekends game we knew the same talent level would be on display from the VISL (6 Gorge players played) and the challenge was if we play like it's a friendly with no desire or fire shown we will get the exact same result. The ACBC players who came in because we were still short of bodies from our top 2 teams in Premier, did us proud. Some people suggested that we should pack it in and cancel the VISL games, I said absolutely NOT because we had made a commitment to the VISL President and commitment was what we got from a great bunch of lads who bothered to be arsed to get up at 6.30am and go to Victoria for what potentially could have been another weak sauce performance. and wasted day. We'll see what VISL brings next week and hopefully we can pick up the BC All Star Cup. All in it's been a tiring project but no matter what happens next weekend I am proud of the lads who played yesterday for the MASTERS and PREMIER, it was a terrific day.:cool:

Which All Star team are you involved with Dave?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dave is looking for who ever will pay more for water, I think that the fvsl team is running on beaver buzz, and don't want anything to do with knut. I can't wait to get out to Newton next week, because G-house is now in the show and I am hoping that O-Dog may get a half in net for the FVSL team, if that happens, don't expect many goals in Slurrey.

ACBC/Rangers saving the FVSL.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, we're on a first name and taking things personal basis now are we? Well, Th…..Cloughie, I'm not officially attached to an All-star side as of yet, thanks for asking, but I'm hopeful, with a wee bit of polishing, to make either the Fraser valley Summmer or the Ladner 035's all-stars. I have 6 goals in 4 game you know. Time will tell if all the extra effort was worth it.

Fingers Crossed.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The pride was there from some last week but NOT the quality, no disrespect to anyone who played but some just weren't interested and when their (VMSL) 2 of their best players were still trying to score with 5 minutes left against what was obviously a depleted squad you have to ask why?

They were trying to get to 18 - 0.... :eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0