Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL and VISL Summit

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's Goffy?

In any event, the World of Disney allstars would kick the FVSL allstars' asses. Everyone else is, why would it be any different?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse- credit where it is due. You and your kids take a lot of stick here- some warranted, some not- but you guys answered a distress call by the sounds of it, and I'm sure the boys showed well.

I guess I just don't get it...I am even less of an Allstar than KNVB. Seriously, I know it is a tough notion to grasp (But would get the nod over him based on my excellent hair...don't hate the player, hate the game bitch), but I do know if I were selected, I'd be honored and give what I could. Last week it sounds like certain old school boys showed all the class they could dispite playing battered and hurt. Well done to Cam, Slaney, Shawn, Baldy, I think Mums, and especially Chuck Keeling. These guys sucked it up and took a ****ing beating on behalf of the disgraceful lads who couln't be fcuked to show. Same w/ the other fill ins, but I don't know them.

The FVSL is not nearly as bad as that scoreline indicated, but maybe you can question certain players' pride in their league. Again, don't get it. With the FVSL top 16, that is a great game. If anything, this does expose the depth of quality, but hey...silver lining?

I had a misdirected go at you last week Cloughie, so...you know. Whatever. Hugs and kisses- now fcuk off, I'm busy.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloughie, how can you call it a BC Allstar Cup with only two leagues in this exhibition series?

Code:
[/COD. "We'll see what VISL brings next week and hopefully we can pick up the BC All Star Cup"

Honestly two weeks ago you guys couldn't even pick up the VMSL Allstars jock strap, and now you are "Hoping" to pick up the BC Allstar cup!:confused:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys would bash your mom if she changed the dinner menue at home,,It takes time to put a team of guys together who dont even know each others names. I was at the 8-0 game and I can tell you the FVSL had a goalie play out the second half as they were short guys and the VMSL had alot of players who have played together before. No excuses but with 4 posts and the guys heads hung low they finnished and have now started over. Say what you want but I will tell you this,,the FVSL will avenge their losses and turn a new page for the Valley. As for the chippy game On the island,yes our guy deserved a red but for the island guy who punched him in the face,the reff seeing it and being told by the linesman about the punch and not even a talking too,,well it went both ways. We lost in the final minutes on a shtie goal as all the Island goals were muckers. look at the first goal the linseman had his flag up for off side yet the ref said play on,,what was that. over ruleing your linesman 2 times ,,mabee you dont need them on the island. Enough said by me as im proud of the guys and look forward to the rematch. Come see what we put on the field this Sunday,It wont be the same team who lost to the VMSL it will be a team of young men who dont like to lose and I guarentee we wont. I also would love a VMSL rematch but that wont happen till next year and that sits heavy with me. Who am I,,A proud FVSL member.

ps If your on my side of the fence ,Ive got your back, If your on the fence, Ill push you over to the other side .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You start by calling out those who "bash" and then proceed to bash the ref - good one.

You also talk about taking time to put a team together - excuse me but were these games not announced months ago?

You guys would bash your mom if she changed the dinner menue at home,,It takes time to put a team of guys together who dont even know each others names. I was at the 8-0 game and I can tell you the FVSL had a goalie play out the second half as they were short guys and the VMSL had alot of players who have played together before. No excuses but with 4 posts and the guys heads hung low they finnished and have now started over. Say what you want but I will tell you this,,the FVSL will avenge their losses and turn a new page for the Valley. As for the chippy game On the island,yes our guy deserved a red but for the island guy who punched him in the face,the reff seeing it and being told by the linesman about the punch and not even a talking too,,well it went both ways. We lost in the final minutes on a shtie goal as all the Island goals were muckers. look at the first goal the linseman had his flag up for off side yet the ref said play on,,what was that. over ruleing your linesman 2 times ,,mabee you dont need them on the island. Enough said by me as im proud of the guys and look forward to the rematch. Come see what we put on the field this Sunday,It wont be the same team who lost to the VMSL it will be a team of young men who dont like to lose and I guarentee we wont. I also would love a VMSL rematch but that wont happen till next year and that sits heavy with me. Who am I,,A proud FVSL member.

ps If your on my side of the fence ,Ive got your back, If your on the fence, Ill push you over to the other side .

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloughie, how can you call it a BC Allstar Cup with only two leagues in this exhibition series?

Code:
[/COD. "We'll see what VISL brings next week and hopefully we can pick up the BC All Star Cup"

Honestly two weeks ago you guys couldn't even pick up the VMSL Allstars jock strap, and now you are "Hoping" to pick up the BC Allstar cup!:confused:[/quote]

To clarify, My comment was somewhat "tongue in cheek". Although this 2 game HOME and AWAY series was planned long before the VMSL
 game was arranged. We were using the VMSL game as a warmup for the BC ALL Star Cup Series or [U][SIZE=3]FVSL/VISL Summit Series[/SIZE][/U] as it's now called. The VMSL had the option to join Kjeld and I in this venture but opted out. I guess that's why they ran the score up on us, it was their only chance for glory. 

We knew we were holding back our Secret Weapons (ACBC lads) till the Summit Series started. We have another secret weapon this weekend (white tape on right wrist).

In all seriousness there are 2 trophies up for grabs this weekend and the valley achieved our goal in the AWAY 1st legs, we'll see if we can finish the job and be BC All Star Champions @ Newton this coming Sunday June 8th 3pm MASTERS & 5pm Premier/Open.:cool:

For anybody wondering the AWAY goals rule is not in effect.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it is tied, will there be a replay or extra time? I need to plan my summer holidays.

visl

May 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re concern about only two leagues playing for the cup. It is our hope that this series will expand and include the VMSL next season. We are always looking for opportunities to provide our players with new challenges and that is why this series was created.
The VISL has also sent in a proposal for a "Champions League" style cup play involving the three leagues.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure how a Champions League format could work involving the island. Putting the travel costs aside, games would need to be mid-week due to league games on the weekends.

It would be awesome if it could be pulled off but I can't see enough buy-in from all teams in order to be successful?

visl

May 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am thinking that it could start small with only two teams from each league and that these games could be played on the weekend and then schedule league games for those teams mid-week. Just trying to find a starting point.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How would the 2 teams from each league be chosen? Previous league and league cup winners?

As you say, a starting point and if the leagues involved are behind it, it's awesome!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To keep things fair, I suggest the FVSL put in the FireRangers and the VMSL put in the 2 relegated teams. You want to make sure the games themselves are competitive.

:D

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondering what team the Valleys goalie on the weekend plays for? I think I have seen him before but I can't quite put my finger on it. ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
He plays for me,,, I wish you luck VISL on your great idea for a champions league,I know the FVSL would be in, I personally tried to put a new winter cup together useing FVSL and the VMSL and the VMSL really was not interested. Funny how the 2 leagues who travel the most are into just that ,travelling. Mabee because I come from Kelowna and am used to travelling every weekend to play, But out here,No matter if its Chilliwack vs Any island team,,that to me is not travelling. Hell Kelowna and Kamloops of the PCSL now we are starting to talk travel. Also to rent a bus for the day is cheep if you divide the cost up between all who goes with you. Every sport i have played has travelled and its no big deal but to hear all this talk of it being a problem only comes from here in Vancouver (soccer) where an away game is across the street. No wonder no one from here goes to Europe to play,,must be cause its so far to travel to get there.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0