Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Allstars v. VMSL Allstars

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the wonderful site:

Sunday, May 25, 2008 against FRASER VALLEY ALL-STARS at Coquitlam Town Centre Stadium. Final score: 8-0 in favour of the VMSL. Goalscorers: Kevin Crouch 4; Johnny Sulentic 2; David Morris; Rizal Ganief:eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Oranje. Tough night for me, couldn't sleep. Nervous about the Scotland vs Netherlands game I guess.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a bit rough isn't it? The FVSL is a league of its own. Why not recognize and celebrate it's 'all-stars'? Shall they continually bow down and take a back seat to the VMSL just because they lost (badly) last year?

They had a pretty neat home and home with the island the VMSL brass balked at and now if I hear right are now begging to get in on. Also, If I remember correctly the FVSL all-stars beat (or drew) the whitecaps the week before or after they wiped the floor with the VMSL all-stars didn't they? Why bother? Why not.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point ... I guess I'm just not sure what this type of an ass kicking does for the confidence of these players on the receiving end of it? Was this team full of the right players as to lose by this amount would say different? i've seen closer games between these two in the past.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Oranje. Tough night for me, couldn't sleep. Nervous about the Scotland vs Netherlands game I guess.

Hup Holland!

As for the all-star game itself. I think it is mistimed. Most VMSL teams start training sometime in August and can play right through April and May depending on success in various cup competitions.

Then the summer leagues start, including the new (insert shameless plug here) Italian League.

By then a lot of soccer has been played and many players are tired, hurt, disinterested, or otherwise not available for an unnecessary all-star game.

That being said, who was the FVSL missing that would have made a difference last year?

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point ... I guess I'm just not sure what this type of an ass kicking does for the confidence of these players on the receiving end of it? Was this team full of the right players as to lose by this amount would say different? i've seen closer games between these two in the past.

Last years game that went 8-0...the FVSL was missing all selected players from both PAU, and Langley...With Pocos back up keep in net.

2-0 at the half, and then the wheels fell off...

Im sure this years game will be much more competitive...

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think its only 2 games this year visl & vmsl
so the comitment that was rqd last year will not be the same

last year seemed a lot maybe to much for some as you say end of a long season, summer lg etc

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im sure this years game will be much more competitive...

I really do hope so, but I just don't think so. I think it will be around 4-0 this year.

On the Masters' side, you'll be seeing a lot of Sapperton players. I'm guessing 7 or so.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the FVSL side, it'll be interesting to see what the flake quotient is this year.

Last year, Ghouse and ACBC pretty much had to field a full team due to a lot of flakiness on the FVSL all-star side....and I think this was game 2 onward. The first game was a disaster.

WAB...w/ two full / complete all-star squads, I see a good match. If it comes down to 2nd string for the FVSL, I see it being bad again. I'm betting that Cloughie has some committed players this time around, because I knew he was pissed at the no-shows last year.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately ACBC will be playing in the PCSL and have games on the nights in question this year. :(

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob, despite your wishes, you are only allowed five. As for the open game, if FVSL was missing players, please bear in mind that there were zero WVFC players available for selection for that side that day.

Sir M.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob, despite your wishes, you are only allowed five.
Sir M.
Well, I'm going to have to talk to Azzi. After all he did ask me to do him a favour and engrave the trophies.:confused: WTF?:mad:

I know, 5 guys, unless a few of your guys can't make it.:eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you get the trophy engraved, that will be one step ahead of Metro Ford/Surrey U who I guess won it year before last, did not play a final, and had the trophy engraved by the following years champs for them.

They should get a new trophy though, it still says WCOTSL on it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would surmise that because we didn't play a final, neither team ever had their hands on the trophy.

Hard to engrave virtually.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0