Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2013/14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB answered that - they accept "bribs" (slang for rubber tires that are excellent for burning).

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL has this cool thing that is just like festivis with the airing of the grievances except Mills likes to hold the pole, (take that any way you want) it's called the AGM. Feel free to come.

JJ, I really wish I had time to go into some of the rational of all these decisions with you guys, but quite honestly I don't. Regs just broke another monitor in his office and I need to sweep up. Bottom line is we're about creating as much competition in each competitive division as we can with the teams and clubs we have. If we can create the competition, we hope the teams can create the results.

At the end of the day the league is not the one on the park playing the games you and your mates are. Although Mills does fancy himself up front if you're interested? I can't do anything about teams playing out of the valley that have been in the VMSL for over 10+ years now, but we're working on it.

Our job is to get you to the water so one day you'll take a drink.

... PS we have awesome facilities and match balls.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Bottom line is we're about creating as much competition in each competitive division as we can with the teams and clubs we have. If we can create the competition, we hope the teams can create the results.

What difference do the results make when teams are being handed promotions or teams being relegated aren't going down? What does that show, it means regardless of your results just be in good standing with the league ( stolo ?!) and just ask for what you want very politely....

It's one thing to have teams that have been playing out of the valley in the vmsl for 10+ years, they're probably comfortable where they're at, but what are we doing when it comes to losing quality teams like poco castillians mp or guildford fc u21 who were both in the FVSL just a couple of years ago ....

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please do share the standards, policies and/or guidelines the league follows when deciding new teams can start in a division higher than div 4. Please clarify how one determines if a new team should start Prem-Div 4. If it's an option, and there is process for this decision-making then publish it. The league demands its laws be respected, so let's see that respect go both ways.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Replace them by starting in D4 as was stated as the requirement.
Brilliant idea. Im sure you'll get loads of good new teams chomping at the bit to join your league starting at Div 4. You should be president.

Welcome aboard Surrey United. I know you just won the Provincial Cup, again, but here is your fast track ticket to div 4.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've always advocated that the league should officially have another tier, officially called recreational instead of competitive. The perennial D3 and 4 teams that have not and never will escape to D2 are not good competition for new young good teams eager to climb the ladder.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've always advocated that the league should officially have another tier, officially called recreational instead of competitive. The perennial D3 and 4 teams that have not and never will escape to D2 are not good competition for new young good teams eager to climb the ladder.

I'm on the side of JBN here, We've been in the league for 15 years, we started in Div 4 then made our way through 3 up to Div 2 for a couple years then got old and started the downward slide, We are 70% over 40 with a few young guys.

I love where we are at right now, a couple of semi competitive rec Divisions would be a great idea. I mean don't get me wrong I love competition as much as the next guy but I'm also realistic, we will never be a Div 2 team again, I'm sure we could get up to and do well in 3 but why take that away from a young team that wants to keep advancing.

Maybe something to consider in future years KNVB before i don't have any more future years, as at 48 its not a lot of fun chasing down these guys anymore but will never stop trying!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fully agree, but so you guys don't consider 3 & 4 on the rec side of the equation?

at 40+ that's what Masters 1 & 2 are for, yes?

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant idea. Im sure you'll get loads of good new teams chomping at the bit to join your league starting at Div 4. You should be president.

Welcome aboard Surrey United. I know you just won the Provincial Cup, again, but here is your fast track ticket to div 4.

Wow, yer a super guy.

My point is this - if there is a way to bypass leagues then make that known and publish the steps/requirements needed. You want a league to be taken seriouly then kep everything above board (yes, that was a dig at the MLS). Seeing FC Sparta's record the last two years my best guess is they started with their sites set much higher than Div 3, for example.

Two tiers is definitey the way to go. If teas think they are strong enough to start competitively or win consistently in rec then have that changeto play competitively. If teams struggle relegate them to the rec tier. Great idea.

I agree D3-4 are mostly "rec" in nature but to force some teams who want to move up start D4 but not others is.....choose your own adjective. but haha, if you are good enough you are young enough e: 40+ guys in D3-4! Keep it up!

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't have enough players in Bradner to form 2 teams , so we can't go to masters with the team we have. We can definitely hold our own in 3 or 4 for a few more years yet.

If 3 and 4 are considered by the president to be just rec then the U21 Rep teams should not be starting there.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't have enough players in Bradner to form 2 teams , so we can't go to masters with the team we have. We can definitely hold our own in 3 or 4 for a few more years yet.

If 3 and 4 are considered by the president to be just rec then the U21 Rep teams should not be starting there.
Don't put words in my mouth now... I just asked JBN et al a honest question.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised to see Abbotsford go straight into Masters Div 1 when Poco Rangers finished 2nd in Div 2 last year tied on points with the first placed team...good bunch of guys too...thought they would be up for playing Div1 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0