Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2013/14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw the updated sight and 9 teams in Prem, 12 in Div.1 and 10 in Div.2
I can understand why there is 9 teams in Prem, but I'm not sure why Stolo (finished 4th last year) were asked to go up and a new team

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw the updated sight and 9 teams in Prem, 12 in Div.1 and 10 in Div.2
I can understand why there is 9 teams in Prem, but I'm not sure why Stolo (finished 4th last year) were asked to go up and a new team

This stolo situation is quite peculiar, considering their team was suspended near the end of the past season and now a promotion out of no where, sometimes it makes me wonder why teams like us and Port Moody blues and Celtic and dynamo work so hard all year to have a 5th place team make the jump up...

I know I know... It's all about angles :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is this info coming from? however on a positive note, if Stolo move up we don't have to drive to hope for a mid day sunday game .

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume you were looking at "check registered players"??? If so, I am sure there are mistakes. Div 3A has 11 teams, Div 3B has 10. the "11th" team in 3A finished 3rd in Div 4C last year.

Changes will continue to fly.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is this info coming from? however on a positive note, if Stolo move up we don't have to drive to hope for a mid day sunday game .
fcuk that noise then we'd have to go out there again! ( ironically we probably won't... the last time we were away to stolo was 4 years ago and they didn't even show up to the game, and they've been in our div every year. Weather keeps messing it up for them ! ) but hopefully they go back to div 2 n cascade n friends can make the trip to hope !

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume you were looking at "check registered players"??? If so, I am sure there are mistakes. Div 3A has 11 teams, Div 3B has 10. the "11th" team in 3A finished 3rd in Div 4C last year.

Changes will continue to fly.
ya and now there are 2 more added teams in Div.2 to also make 12- CCB and Burnaby have now joined Div.2 (at least for now).

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
For some reason N.D. Sundowners are now in div 3. i'd like to think it's fair, we did finnish tied for 1st in 4b last year. lost on tie break.
On a side note, I like the updated site Regs. Lookin good. i haven't visited in a few months and the change is nice. well done sir.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although things can change, it looks like CCB India FC has joined, Div 2. Any idea where this team came from or formed or who they may have been before? Sparta has joined the Langley Club, looks to be a very competitive season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are lots of teams in divisions where they shouldn't be, everyone went to so much trouble of making committees n shi t and setting up divisional alignment meetings and giving the league an overhaul and making the league better and more competitive.... For 2 years..........after that it's back to who you know n possibly how much money you have to throw around.... From 10 teams in d1 n d2 we now have 12 in each, in a few years we'll be back up to 30 in d2 and 20 in d1. Teams that have been around awhile have to work hard and earn promotion and here we have newcomers starting in d2 or teams that shouldn't be in div 1 who are, nothing against the young guns , but did they not play a div1 playoff game vs pmo blues and lost yet they are in div 1 still. Stolo were suspended as a team for the last month n a half - two months and they get to go up , I'm sure they could do well up there but surely there are better teams to go up, no!? Why go through the hassle of playing the game when it makes no difference....

CFC pa B won div 1 and are still here ? I thought the league was standing firm on making teams go up if they earned the promotion... If it's the club saying no then why field a B team that has nothing to play for....isn't that why we got rid of the cat div so teams had something to play for ?! I feel sorry for the peace arch team that won div 1 last year, definitely wasn't easy and if they don't go up, that's a lot of hard work gone where ???

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know Reggsy...A little suprised also. I was hoping to make the transition this year and at the same time we could bring in players as the teams demographic is getting a little more aged.

The group of guys we have here are awesome and still looking forward to the season.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are lots of teams in divisions where they shouldn't be, everyone went to so much trouble of making committees n shi t and setting up divisional alignment meetings and giving the league an overhaul and making the league better and more competitive.... For 2 years..........after that it's back to who you know n possibly how much money you have to throw around.... From 10 teams in d1 n d2 we now have 12 in each, in a few years we'll be back up to 30 in d2 and 20 in d1. Teams that have been around awhile have to work hard and earn promotion and here we have newcomers starting in d2 or teams that shouldn't be in div 1 who are, nothing against the young guns , but did they not play a div1 playoff game vs pmo blues and lost yet they are in div 1 still. Stolo were suspended as a team for the last month n a half - two months and they get to go up , I'm sure they could do well up there but surely there are better teams to go up, no!? Why go through the hassle of playing the game when it makes no difference....

CFC pa B won div 1 and are still here ? I thought the league was standing firm on making teams go up if they earned the promotion... If it's the club saying no then why field a B team that has nothing to play for....isn't that why we got rid of the cat div so teams had something to play for ?! I feel sorry for the peace arch team that won div 1 last year, definitely wasn't easy and if they don't go up, that's a lot of hard work gone where ???

Can someone help JJ put all his stuffies back in his crib?

-Yes, the league accepts bribs.
- Yes, the league puts it buddies teams where they want. Failing that, we throw darts at a big board of names after we spin round and round on a baseball bat.
- there were no open spots for new teams in the VMSL Prem so we put them in FVSL div 2
- pomo blues and young guns had a boat race instead. You weren't invited? The who's who were there. Epic.
- PAU B and PAU A joined forces to make a super PPAAUU C team. You weren't invited to that either, huh?

did I miss any questions? any suggestions for running a better league please do post them.

Last edited:

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone help JJ put all his stuffies back in his crib?

-Yes, the league accepts bribs.
- Yes, the league puts it buddies teams where they want. Failing that, we throw darts at a big board of names after we spin round and round on a baseball bat.
- there were no open spots for new teams in the VMSL Prem so we put them in FVSL div 2
- pomo blues and young guns had a boat race instead. You weren't invited? The who's who were there. Epic.
- PAU B and PAU A joined forces to make a super PPAAUU C team. You weren't invited to that either, huh?

did I miss any questions? any suggestions for running a better league please do post them.

Mr president, the league is taking lots of steps in the right direction, however also a few backwards, what was the big deal having a league wide division alignment year moving teams down, teams having to win their divisions to stay in the same one the following year, not even being promoted when two years later when just allowing teams to start from div 2 or even 1...

Since you like answering questions -- If we wanna compete and compare the FVSL and vmsl it would be very nice if we could bring in some provincial cups instead of bragging bout facilities and match balls all the time...jokes aside, lots of standards are being met in the FVSL which looks very neat and professional but what would be neater is if the on field product was of the same quality, wouldn't you agree? mr president, there's so many teams in the vmsl that regionally reside in the valley, can you explain why they're choosing to opt out of playing in this growing league with all these great standards and fantastic facilities ? Teams like peg, ccb and surrey united, are the bribes not big enough or are their boats not good enough for your race :rolleyes:

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You might want to look up boat races.

Also, it should be mandatory that all tie breakers be settled by boat races, as true Fraser Valley quality is only displayed in such a post game competition. Losers also have to bring in the corner flags and take down the nets regardless of home field.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta agree with JJ, believe it or not. Some very odd promotions and lack thereof.

The CCB India Div 2 situation deserves explanation (who are they and why do they start in Div 2?), as does the Sto:Lo promotion (and yes, I am one who thinks their on-field performance will be perfectly sufficient for D1 - but how last year ended....).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0