Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD,
Never ever said that.
It doesn't make the game great and we don't more of it.

As STD says,

Soccer is for pussies. Guys that didn't make it in other sports.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never said soccer is for pussy's allthough there are pussy's playing. Plays like that or plays like the Ivory coast player make soccer player look like a joke to the casual observer. My opinion they have got to get it out of the game especially when you have as many camera angles as they do now, it is embarrassing to watch at times. I know you disagree so get back to diving practice.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I might be a bit biased, but I didn't see a whole lot of diving in the Portugal vs North Korea game (other than a couple by Almeida). Portugal actually pushed the pace and wasn't relying on the Ref to give them calls.

Aieeeee!!!

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I might be a bit biased, but I didn't see a whole lot of diving in the Portugal vs North Korea game (other than a couple by Almeida). Portugal actually pushed the pace and wasn't relying on the Ref to give them calls.

Aieeeee!!!
Of course there was no diving, N Korea only committed 3 fouls all game!!!!!!

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They should start handing out cards post game for the blatant dives.

Ahhh-My-Face.gif

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if FIFA and the Vatican are connected. Both seem to be in the dark ages, and stubbornly choose to stay there.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't agree with grabbing your face when your not hit there etc...

Casual Observer = North America

I agree, when you watch the game with the casual obvserver, they don't get it. I wasn't about to explain the game.

Bartending on commercial Drive this past weekend. Had some C.O.'s at the bar watching.
They didn't get it, at all.

I think you either get the game and love it, or don't.
hence the rest of the friggin world to North America.

Its not in the blood here. Might not ever be.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say "Soccer" is going to take here. And here's why.
1. Empire Fields (I was there yesterday) is a cool experience, and that will sell, and at least get some neophytes in seats.
2. Then the next year they go to a new shiny BC place, again that will sell and get neophytes in seats.

Even if it takes the Caps a few years to be good or even competitive, they will have that working in their favor... and WFC have always (at least in the last 4 or 5 years) put a decent product out there as far as winning or not winning and entertaining to watch...

I know that doesn't address all of Canada, and is more Vancouver specific, but in Seattle and Toronto, there are lots of pubs etc that now have TFC stuff all over the place, and you see people walking around in Replica tops etc... you never ever see anyone walking around vancouver in WFC Stuff unless you happen to be in and around Swangard on game days... With the three major markets in Canada becoming MLS cities, and Seattle being an awesome (if not the MLS Jewel) MLS city, the North West and Canada will grow up and the gap between "Hockey Guy" and the purists will start to shrink.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if you can find the highlitght but there was another funny one in the Spain Honduras game about five minutes left in the half.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will say... I spent last week in Savannah, GA... and it was a treat to wake up at 7am to watch the early games.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
PVR isn't too bad either you just have to avoid your cell phone, the internet and co-workers who talk soccer!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
so tomorrow uruguay vs mexico.. sports action oddset odds set at (uruguay to win 4.00 ) (mexico to win 3.30 ) (tie at 1.50)

Looks like FRANCE aka the Diva's are FUKED, as the bookies expect both teams playing for the tie

i dont understand the logic behind mexico playing for the tie and having to face Argentina in the next round!

TAKE MEXICO!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Doubt, although Uruguay will be thinking the same thing i'm sure, and Forlan is currently in amongst the best players so far in the tourney, perhaps the best so far...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN......if you really believe the Whitecaps 'brand' of soccer is entertaining......you must have loved most of the first round games of the World Cup.

Pinkie Pie........agreed......I'm on Mexico and OVER 1.5 goals.........If the game ends a tie, I get a push on the Mexico part of the bet as they are a PICK EM on this particular bet. It really would make no sense for Mexico to go for a draw knowing they would have to face Argentina. Having said that, it will probably end up a draw.........the bookies are RARELY wrong and by them going so low on the draw, there is a damn good chance it is going to happen.

As long as France are out I really don't care who comes first or second.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0