Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Favourite Sports Movie

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk that keeper!

If you can mention your love of Huey Lewis on a music thread, then BullyBeef can speak of his affection for Brad Pitt in a sports movie thread.

Huey fcucking Lewis indeed.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Great Sport Flicks

Rudy
The Replacements
The Mighty Ducks
Rocky (I,II,III,IV,V)
Ali
Men with Brooms
Gladiators
The Water Boy
Any Given Sunday

And probably lots more that I can't remember......

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Sly Thanks.

Rocky 1 was fine and I could even stretch it to say R2 but the rest was crap. Anything Sly is in is usually pure crap lately.:eek:

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone remember this gem from the late '80s?

Hot Shot

"Jim Youngs (Footloose, The Wanderers) stars as hot headed Jimmy Kristidis, a young American with a passion for soccer. When Jimmy's tryout with the New York Rockers fails he travels to Brazil to seek out his idol, the legendary Santos (Pele). Santos, once the world's greatest soccer player, now lives the life of a recluse in the hills of Rio de Janeiro. In the company of Santos, Jimmy learns new skills both on & off the field, including the famed bicycle kick."

http://www.hollywoodteenmovies.com/HotShot.html

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you guys havent seen Hotshot its the best soccer movie ever good shout on that!!!!

GOLASSSSSSSSO JIMMY!!!!!

Best part is when Jimmy finds Peles old 1970 #10 shirt brought a tear to my eye.

And the preseason aerobics another classic scene!!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by The Teacher
Mean Machine. With "the Monk" as the best character ever.
I agree.

I caught the last half of this movie on TV last night and it's fcuking hilarious. A must rent.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nevermind the bollocks.........

'Hotdog' is the greatest ski film ever produced. Why is it tits just aren't the same now as in the glory days of early 1980's mammaries? Shame.

A wonderful piece of celluloid and the subject of many a childhood ham shank.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mean machine

The dream sequence which runs through the monk's goalkeeping brain is incredible.

I'm sure it's the same dream all keepers have, not just the psychopathic monk.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
an oldie but a goodie...

The Longest Yard gets my vote for best sports movie, even though that cnut Bert Reynolds was the main star. Decent story and plenty of graffic American violence.

lupoman

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The two greatest sports movies of all time...well you have to go with these two. They put their respective sports on the map. Caddyshack and Slapshot. Two of the worst sports movies ever made, Caddyshack 2 and Slapshot 2. What were the chances...:rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rootin' for the little guys...

Has anyone mentioned The Bad News Bears ?:confused:

Although it's a movie about the "little guys", it surely warms our hearts when they make their BIG comeback at the end of the first movie. It was top notch, but when the Bears went to Japan, I was just shivering at the thought of "tough guy" Kelly scoring with an Asian babe.

Damn those foreigners pick up the chicks EVERY time~:rolleyes: Right TPower?:p

+SC:eek:

chupacabra

Sep 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what the fcuka chinese downhill??

I am with fastshow all the way. It was great ski comedy when it was almost required to have a nice set of jugs in every movie.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but we can't forget Point Break. Keanu and Swazye both showing their acting brilliance in the only good surf movie in many moons. (I can't say that I have seen Blue Crush though, just going out on a limb).

Chupacabra...

Panties

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ROLLERBALL!!!
Wow, what a movie. The most extreme sport ever!!! LL Cool J is white hot, and Rebecca Romjin, she is all talent.

This really made me want to see the original.

Panties

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Made me want to see it cuz what on earth made a guy like John McTiernan remake such a stupid, horrible, goofy piece of crap like rollerball. After 20 minutes my eyes fell out and ran from the room.
It still worth mentioning here on this thread to go along with the previously mentioned, The Waterboy, The Replacements, and The Bad News Bears.

Dead Solid Perfect is the best Golf movie, all-time .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gimme A Break

Because this movie seems like it could be the biggest rip-off of one of my all time favourite sports (debatable) movies. I thought would post this here.

Did they think that such classics like "The Hustler" and "The Color of Money" would be forgotten.

How many stories can you make out of the game of pool

Come on.
:rolleyes:

Pool Hall Junkies

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess

Especially if he's doing that great dancing scene from the Fatboy Slim video!

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0