Euro 2012 Quarterfinals

Tuna

Est
Jul 4, 2005
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Spain-France game was just painful to watch. Spain play such a boring kind of soccer. With 5 guys forward, all 5 are circling back to lay the ball off again and again. I can understand why the Dutch came in dirtier than ever in last world cup. that is about the only way you are going to make a difference - I am surprised the French didn't go in harder. You have 10 guys that can commit a yellow, then sub 3 of them off, and take 3 more yellows.
Freddy, would that be the Westside way?

Captain Shamrock

Est
Jul 20, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank fcuk Italy went through. It would have been criminal to see that England performance go through.......looking at the numbers, it could be said Ireland gave Italy a better game.......despite the scoreline.....Italy could have easily doubled that. :D

The four best teams of the tournament have gone through and I don't think that could be argued....with the Irish probably being the 5th best team.

lll

Est
Feb 24, 2009
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
;ohn Madden after the England shoot out loss "England is doing the things that England does"

Not that it would have made any difference but do they not call the keeper moving off the line early on spot kicks anymore ? There's at least 3 officials watching and on Young's penalty the keeper was well off his line before the ball was touched. Captain Shamrock and Walks, you seem to be the resident referees, what do you think ?

Walks

Est
Dec 4, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to Italy ...... thoroughly deserved it and Pirlo's performance over the 120 minutes was a masterclass in midfield. The penalty just capped off a great game for the lad.

Agree with Sir M ......... a Germany / Spain final next Sunday with ze Germans edging it.

Captain Shamrock

Est
Jul 20, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that it would have made any difference but do they not call the keeper moving off the line early on spot kicks anymore ? There's at least 3 officials watching and on Young's penalty the keeper was well off his line before the ball was touched. Captain Shamrock and Walks, you seem to be the resident referees, what do you think ?
VERY rarely will the call them during shootouts......though Portugal Nations Cup team might be wondering about that from a couple of years ago. :) They seem to allow them to jump a bit forward now before they dive....Ashley Young's penalty was just rotten.......marginally better than Cole's........

akslop

Est
Jun 28, 2011
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel hesitant to press the like button, I see Regs doesn't have that issue, not that there is anything wrong with that.
when i looked at it i was puzzled as to how silver was able to locate something so small.

Good eye Silver.

:D