Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2008 Qualifying...

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Forever said:
Saying this it is MacLaren that picks the team and he needs to grow a pair and pick a team and not a bunch of individual players.

Absolutely. When MacLaren dropped Beckham from the get go, I was thinking, "Hello, we finally got somebody that might make a difference." It was a pleasant surprise to see such an extreme move by an England coach by dropping the teams current captain and making a statement about change. However it was short lived because of too many experimental decisions to play key players out of position.

To have a central midfield that has Hargreaves and Gerrard with Lampard and Carrick sitting on the bench to come in, would be the envy of many international teams. Is it the best in the world.?, Probably not, but it aint bad. Lennon should be down the right it is obvious from his club form at Spurs. I know our left side has been a problem for years. If SWP was playing regularly at another Premiership club, he would of possibly made that position his for England. Joe Cole has done well there on occasion and should probably be in the squad for his creativity and versatility. If all your looking for is a decent left foot, put Garreth Barry there. Rooney and Johnson works for me and I think the more they play together the better it will be for England in the long term. Supporting cast of Defoe, Bent and I think Ashton when fit again to give a bit of prescence against big teams. Rio and Terry are decent as are Cole, Carragher and Richards. I've always been a big Ledley King fan too.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
Its not all about endorsements, mansions and fukcing Bentley's. Get your finger out your arse and stand up and be counted. Put the shirt on and play with dignity, pride and everything else that our nation stands for in football.

Absolutely spot on Crafty.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,
He's English through and through; his ancestors went up North for a shag a few years back and all that Scottish inbreeding infected a nation. As for McLaren, I think he's been forced into the right track, Gerrard in the middle with Lennon on the right. Cole will be back on the left soon, supplying some of that game breaking finesse that England has been lacking. Crouch & the Big lad from Preston NE up front. Lampard is brilliant but not as good as Gerrard so he needs to sit for a while and Rooney needs to pull his head out of his arse and start competing for the position. We'll keep the Canadian lad too! Stop worrying, we'll go to the big show.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I hate Peter Crouch as a player, he does put the ball in the back of the net. With a hatty against the Gooners and another today at PSV, he seems to be back in the frame for McClaren...:eek:

As Bully said, I'm sure we will qualify. Nice to hear JC is back after a lengthy layoff with a foot injury. All we need is Ashton fit again ...:bronco:

Cheers

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast[/QUOTE]BBC Sport: "We saw you swearing at United players. Were you always this aggressive?"
Gattuso: "I learned at Rangers. Gattuso the fighter was born at Ibrox."

Just noticed this tidbit. Does swearing at your own squad count?

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland 3-1 Lithuania .

Dubious PK for Lith. One of the Hearts lads goes for a swim in the box, and the ref buys it. Tough times ahead for the diver in the SPL.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Scotland.

A draw in France and trip to Austria (and Switzerland) could be in the cards.

C'mon the Sound of Music. Ya beauty!

Buckfast

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Furhermore and by all accounts, Scotland's midfield was piss poor today. Goes to show oor Ned is still heads and shoulders better than Scott Brown.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Furhermore and by all accounts, Scotland's midfield was piss poor today. Goes to show oor Ned is still heads and shoulders better than Scott Brown.

Ah, Bucky, you do come up with some belters. Were you out last night? :D

Well done to Scotland. Now you can focus on England. They're up 2 - 0 at the moment. :)

It looks like the Occupied Six are going to take one step closer to failing to qualify today as they're level with Latvia at the half........

Ireland's in tough against Slovakia and a win is the only thing that is needed......

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not paying the $24.99 to watch that. Though the play by play on F365 made it look quite comfortable.

How about Scotland 1-0 over France. Quite the shot from Mcfadden. Gary Mcallister jumping around calling it the greatest result in Scotland's history.

I dont understand Holland, with all that tallent, tehy take til an injury time winner by Ruud to beat...Albania.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McFaddens goal was a thing of beauty. Touch to contorl, turn the man and hit it. He had no right to have a go from that distance but he hit it brilliantly. Keeper was caught napping however...

Solid result for England with Mr. Owen potting two goals with that donkey Heskey alongside him upfront. I don't know how those two manage to play together so well, but with goals and results going the right way, how can you knock it?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Result for Scotland today!

Huge win away from home for Italia, Buffon showed again why he is with out a doubt the best GK in the world.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0